UK visitors visa.

My wife(we have been married for 15 years) has already received two one year multiple entry visas to Australia. What are her chances of securing a UK visitor Visa. She does not work and has no personal assets. Our income derives from my UK pensions. We live in Thailand and that will not change.

Any advice will be welcomed.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

You need to provide a bit more information, is she seeking a visa for a short holiday, are you living together here in Thailand, if so what is your status?

The guys will try to help, but give us a clue.

Thanks

We live together in Thailand and have been legally married for the past 15 years

I am a retired UK citizen and my wife would like to visit the UK. We have previously travelled to visit my son who is now based in Australia and have had no problem obtaining multi-entry visas from the Australian immigration service.

If we can secure a UK visa for my wife we would spend up to three months in the UK before returning to Thailand. However, I am led to believe that UK visas are difficult to obtain for someone like my wife who does not work.

It is more difficult for a guy bringing his girlfriend to the UK if she doesn’t work and doesn't have many ties to Thailand but your circumstances are very different.

You will still have to supply the three main criteria for your wife to get a visa. You need to show affordability for the trip, prove you are a couple and reasons to return for your wife. Also where you will stay while you are in the UK. It should be straightforward as you live as a couple in Thailand and will be travelling together.

I agree with rasg’s post regarding the likelihood of your wife being granted a UK visit visa, as he implies your life here in Thailand should be regarded as strong reasons to return.

Be sure to include details of your life here, including accommodation and your immigration status, in the form of copies of your extension of stay stamps in your passports, and details of both of your previous travels.

Three months isn’t unreasonable, include an indicative travel plan. 

No problem at all, assuming you have sufficient finances.

• Reason to visit should be easy. Include marriage certificate (translation and original).
  • Finances - you can use your income/savings, your wife (remember, she's the one making the application) should include a letter from you stating that you are funding the trip. You then need to show your savings and income - submit bank statements. If you're going for three months, you'll need to show you can afford it. If you are staying with friends/relatives, include a letter from them inviting you including their contact details and proof of address.
  • Reason to return - show details of your life here - your visas in your passport, details of your accommodation, any connections you have here - family, interests. Remember, your wife is applying, it all needs to come "from her".

I've read photos are not considered, I understand health insurance and confirmation of return flights are not considered, I've read links to your wife's family here are not considered. I always include everything (AETNA do a travel/health insurance policy that can be cancelled with a visa rejection letter) because the immigration officer needs to decide if you are visiting for acceptable reasons, you can afford the visit and you will return, and I believe these things will influence that decision.

Apply through the gov.uk website and then VFS. Good luck with the VFS website. A despicable company.

Archived