Certificate of Residence - how?

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience getting "Certificate of Residence" from Revenue department? I would like to get it beginning next year.

I checked the source on http://www.rd.go.th/publish/21978.0.html and I have few questions:

1. "A copy of tax receipt." is required - what is it and how do I get it?
  2. "A copy of taxpayer's tax identification card." - what is it and how do I get it?
  3. Is this source on RD website up to date? Are there any other documents required in practice

Kind thanks,

Matt

• Like 1

You need to have a tax id number (tin) which is obtained from RD.

Tax receipt is if you paid tax or received a refund. Ot would be a receipt or record of tax paid or refund.

To obtain a tax residence certificate you need to have submitted a tax return for the year and other

Supporting documents required (in case of an individual taxpayer) :

A copy of the filed income tax returns e.g. P.N.D. 90, P.N.D. 91.

A copy of tax receipt.

A copy of taxpayer's tax identification card.

A copy of taxpayer's passport (in order to total number of days the taxpayer resides in Thailand. In order to issue the certificate, the taxpayer must resides in Thailand more than 180 days).

Other relevant documents, if any.

An authorization letter in case of the taxpayer authorizes other person

Tax residence certificate is applied for at RD based on the tax return you have submitted and RD will issue it to you.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Matt199 said:

Ah, so tax identification card is simply the tax ID number... wouldn't have guessed. Clear on the receipt part!

Is there anything regarding a lease or TM30? 

Tax ID number is on the small card when they issue the tax ID number.

I think they are not interested in a TM 30 but lease may fall under their other relevant documents. Best to go to your nearest tax office and ask them.

Don't mean to pry and not interested in details but why do you need a tax residence certificate: for your home tax department or for a local Thailand issue?

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Matt199 said:

Does anyone have experience getting "Certificate of Residence" from Revenue department? I would like to get it beginning next year.

As @userabcd said, you need to register for TIN – which in some RD-branches can be little difficult without a work permit or other proof of taxable income, I talk from experience – and make a so-called tax return statement after the end of a tax-year (calendar year). And yes, it's my impression that the RD website is up-to-date.

• Like 1