Tourism is dead

Tayaout

18 hours ago, wgdanson said:

There are just as many farangs in my neck of the woods as for the last four years...............................ME!

Same here, I am their show falang.The village has been voted the best village in Thailand and I, along with the head man and his delegation, had to greet the large committee from Bangkok where it was explained how long I had been here and I had to tell them all what a wonderful place it was and to tie the Isaan cloth bail around their waists, all I got was a sandwich.

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

How is the best way to get to Koh Mak? Driv to the end of the 3155 road, park the car and take a passenger ferry?

What is a good resort to stay at?

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I had to take 2 ferry from Trat. It's my first time but I can safely recommend my place. The service is really good for Thailand and they speak good English. They came to pick us at the ferry without even asking. They take care of my son while I eat with my wife. 

I rented a mini beach house for a week for 25K (normal price 29K) with breakfast included. You should contact them directly for reservations. If I did I would have probably saved more. 

The beach is not very wide but there is no trash and the water is crystal clear. The food is good but you need to ask for extra spicy if you like it. If you drink wine then you should bring your own they have only 1 choice. There is massage on the beach, kayak, bike, motorbike, etc. 

http://www.booking.com/Share-zk7LxYD

lazydaymenu.pdf 1.59 MB · 3 downloads

Many ways to go there:

1) Flying to trat, speedboat to mak

2) Minibus/Van from Bkk, 4500 baht for 2-6 people, speedboat to mak 

3) Own car, can park at speedboat pier

4) Ekkamai Bus station, Bus - takes forever, i guess but is also possible

Laem Ngop Speed boat pier, before the pier is a parking lot on the left etc.

Speedboat takes 50 minutes and drives every hour(or 30 mins) till 4 pm: https://kohkoodferries.com/speedboats-koh-mak/

Never heard of the ferries beeing used

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Laem Ngop Speed boat pier, before the pier is a parking lot on the left etc.

Speedboat takes 50 minutes and drives every hour(or 30 mins) till 4 pm.

Never heard of people using the ferries 

You are right. I used 2 speedboats.

18 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

A few months ago the number of falangs trebled in my area as I had 2 friends come for a visit!

Tourism where I am outside Udon has just taken a major hit as our two expected guests have had to cancel at short notice ???? 

Hopefully the local economy will survive.

Archived