POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

15 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Wait until the voting has started, this thread and the other thread that shall not be named, have turned into a bromance fest for a minority of nominees. The silent majority aren't represented on these threads.

Two of the three nominees that I intend to vote for (I'm assuming that we'll get 3 votes initially) have made few, if any, posts on this thread. I haven't read the other thread as I assume it's not for me.

The other thread is there for ALL to read ....

• Like 2

Counting the likes .....

The main reason we don't want non-contestants posting on the other thread is it would make like counting a nightmare. It seems many people have got the wrong end of the stick, reading many of the comments.

All members should be viewing the other thread and handing out likes as they think appropriate.

I hope I have cleared  up this confusion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, geronimo said:

The other thread is there for ALL to read ....

I lurked on this forum for several years but have broken the habit. Not going there again. This forum has become, to me, a two way conversation. Why would I read a thread when I can't comment on the post.

In the words of another inglorius POTY, "Daft, sunbeam".

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Counting the likes .....

The main reason we don't want non-contestants posting on the other thread is it would make like counting a nightmare. It seems many people have got the wrong end of the stick, reading many of the comments.

All members should be viewing the other thread and handing out likes as they think appropriate.

I hope I have cleared  up this confusion.

No, you've added to it. Are you saying that this is the method for voting for POTY. What if your preferred POTY hasn't posted in that thread?

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

No, you've added to it. Are you saying that this is the method for voting for POTY. What if your preferred POTY hasn't posted in that thread?

It isn't the voting, more of an early poll to gauge support. Nowt to do with voting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I lurked on this forum for several years but have broken the habit. Not going there again. This forum has become, to me, a two way conversation. Why would I read a thread when I can't comment on the post.

In the words of another inglorius POTY, "Daft, sunbeam".

Who might that "inglorious" POTY be......?  ????

• Haha 1

more news just in ....

Police have set up road blocks on all roads coming out of Lopburi .... monkeys are being turned back as they depart for Baboon's planned rally. When asked who ordered this, one of the cops pointed to the sky ....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Let's hope William Wallace and Geronimo don't meet on the battle field ......

Given that I don't seem able to tell the differnce between Glasgow and Edinburgh there won't be much chance of them meeting if I give them directions.  OOPs just realised that at least one of those mentioned is not in the land of the living