You need to look carefully at the regulations.

This is hearsay really, but a mate has a Porche Panamera Hybrid. Whilst having a slow puncture fixed (screw in the tread luckily) he investigated getting new rubber. None of the major outlets have the relevant size (no real surprise) but even Porche don't have an import licence for that particular size, no problem for the option (larger) wheels. 

Evidently there's some complex regulation in play.

Also, what's your target market? Where are these boots coming from, do they meet the Thai standards?

• Like 1

There's certainly a market for used rubber, whether it's a viable business model I cannot say.

I change my tyres relatively early, as soon as one of an axle pair gets to the wear ridges both get changed.

Madam always has the old tyres put in the boot. Her son takes them away and sells them on. Evidently the locals wear them down to the canvas so the major tyre places just scrap the ones they take off.

One has to be mindful as to how used parts and tiers among them are classified in Thailand, as this country has a policy not to import what they perceived to be someone else garbage to pollute the country as they are now classifying used cars, motorcycles and computer parts among many other items... 

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thais generally do not like to buy used cars....

There are used car lots/sellers all over Thailand.  Heck, here in the western part of Bangkok were I live there are dozens upon dozens upon dozens of used vehicles resellers selling thousands of used vehicles.   And I don't mean Somchai selling a dozen used cars under a tent....I mean individual major reseller lots  with hundreds of used vehicles "per reseller."  Heck, along the part of Kanchanaphisek Highway (#9) that encircles Bangkok dozens upon dozens of major used car lots/resellers.....they far outnumber the new car places.

Don't believe the stereotyping that Thais generally don't like buying used cars....that probably true for well-off Thais (it's a face, symbol thing) but the majority of Thais buy second hand vehicles all the time.  Or at least my Thai in-laws, friends and neighbors do.