Denied Retire Ext. less than 12 months proof.

1 hour ago, MeePeeMai said:

1.  IF you can get your bank balance up to 400K in the next 7-10 days then you should ask your local Immigration Office if they will require you to have the 400K in your bank for 2 months, or three months in order to apply for an extension based upon marriage to your Thai wife.  If you can get the 400k in your bank by then and if they say 2 months seeded for switching over to a marriage extension (from your current retirement extension) then you could get the 60 day extension to stay with your wife and go that route (without having to leave the country and get a Non-O at Savanakhet or someplace like that).

1a.  If they tell you two months, just remember that they can always say three months when you return to do your extension (not likely but possible) at which point you would be denied and then given 7 days extension (longer) to leave the country (then you must go elsewhere to get a Non-O single or multi entry).

2.  Continue with your transfers since you cannot touch the 400k until after your extension is approved and you must make sure to follow the rules on the 400k in the bank method (as far as when you can start withdrawals) and especially continue your monthly transfers if you plan on getting a Non-O outside LOS and then coming back to apply for a 12 month extension based on the income method (in which case no 400k bank balance is required).

3.  You could get all the paperwork together and do this prior to Dec 8 when your current extension expires (which would save you 1800 baht fee for the 60 day extension) or you could get the 60 day extension and then take your time planning your trip and doing research here on which place you wish to go to get your Non-O at some point before your 60 day extension expires in Feb of next year.

Wow! I’m so grateful for a bearing. Thank you very much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arjunadawn said:

End of last month new OPD 40,000 came out. With only weeks to juggle before extension renew, and coincidentally during my yearly Aetna renew, I had no time. I rolled the OPD into my IPD Aetna coverage. They will roll it into monthly, but the cost is a staggering 2000/month for 40,000 OPD insurance. 

Wow, and I heard that some policies have a max OPD payout of 2000 baht (per visit).  That is the reason right there (cost vs value) that I am opposed to buying such a policy especially since I already have great health insurance which covers me in Thailand (but is not a Thai company and they do not accept for my extensions).

I'm not sure if you know or not but health insurance is not currently required for Non-O marriage (or Non-O retirement) Visa or extensions.  It is currently only required for O-A Visas and extension to those O-A Visas.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Wow, and I heard that some policies have a max OPD payout of 2000 baht (per visit).  That is the reason right there (cost vs value) that I am opposed to buying such a policy especially since I already have great health insurance which covers me in Thailand (but is not a Thai company and they do not accept for my extensions).

I'm not sure if you know or not but health insurance is not currently required for Non-O marriage (or Non-O retirement) Visa or extensions.  It is currently only required for O-A Visas and extension to those O-A Visas.

Sigh. I’m fully covered OPD by bkk hospital too- wife. I’m a mess it seems.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can't recall anyone getting leniency on here

Yes, there were posts earlier in 2019 by folks who got new extensions of stay using the monthly foreign bank transfers method where they had less than 12 full months of transfers.

But as Joe noted above, we're now getting toward the end of 2019 and perhaps Immigration there figured that in the OP's case, the few he had done already just wasn't enough given the amount of time that's passed since the monthly foreign deposits option came into the picture.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, arjunadawn said:

Sigh. I’m fully covered OPD by bkk hospital too- wife. I’m a mess it seems.

I know you've been on retirement extensions of stay. But make sure you're clear on just what exact kind of VISA you had to enter Thailand before you went to annual extensions of stay. You mentioned having an O in your prior post.

It's that past visa generally from a Thai embassy or consulate outside Thailand that's going to determine where you fall on the insurance requirement. And O visas are NOT the same as O-A visas. Two different creatures, and you can check/confirm which you had by looking back at the past visa stamp(s) in your passport from a Thai Embassy or Consulate (and sometimes also from Thai Immigration in certain cases).

Right now, an O-A visa from the past likely WILL carry the health insurance requirement if you go for a new retirement extension. An O visa from the past would NOT carry any health insurance requirement when you go to do a retirement extension.

And if your next extension of stay instead ends up being an extension of stay based on marriage, there would NOT be any insurance requirement for a marriage extension of stay from a prior O visa. And there probably also would not be any insurance requirement for a marriage extension of stay from a prior O-A visa.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, arjunadawn said:

I was hoping you’d jump in. I decided to post in open instead of PM coz figure your overwhelmed by those. Thank you. 

1. Request extension based on Marriage (on this tail end of my existing retirement extension)?
2. Continue with transfers during this time. (Also, put 400,000 in bank as soon as possible).

3. Go to another country and apply for Single Entry O-VISA?
I am like a child arranging this in my head. Thank you all for patience.

1. You could change the reason for your one year extension to marriage. You can also apply for a 60 day extension of your current extension to visit you wife to get more time to apply for a new extension.

2. Yes If you put the 400k baht soon you may have enough time to have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

3. That is the last option if you cannot do #2. You could apply for the extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry by proving your income by showing the transfers into your bank since only a few are needed due to it being considered as your first extension,

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes, there were posts earlier in 2019 by folks who got new extensions of stay using the monthly foreign bank transfers method where they had less than 12 full months of transfers.

But as Joe noted above, we're now getting toward the end of 2019 and perhaps Immigration there figured that in the OP's case, the few he had done already just wasn't enough given the amount of time that's passed since the monthly foreign deposits option came into the picture.

You know, they know I have been coming there for years. It was their instruction. Moreover, they pulled my last year application in less than five minutes from closet. Small place. Your logic makes sense... but... whether three or ten months, it could never have been 12. Impossible. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Yes I managed to not have the correct record on transfers (I'd made the transfers into my current account) CW Immigration wouldn't accept them as proof, so I said okay I understand completely what is required going forward, but I couldn't do anything about the past records or lack of them, and that we needed a solution for the current predicament I was in. The IO lady asked if I had a deposit account and when I said yes, but no evidence of any transfers for a few year's, she then said if I could make just one transfer now for Baht 65k and then she would approve the application for my 1 year extension. The book with that single inbound transfer was shown the following week and all went well after that. This was in May 2019

• Like 1

UPDATE: Wife spoke to immigration again today. She asked how it could ever have been possible for someone renewing extension in November to comply with 12 month wire transfer proof if the rule wasn’t even finalized until January 19? 

They responded- pretty dismissively- not our problem. Put money in bank. Yes, sure, that’s option, but it’s too late and I was following their directive. In any event, it seems... well, only bad language can describe. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

My wife recently told me many times, put one million in your saving count and forget it, every years you tranferred money but it is true that due to a misunderstanding with my bank, two or three years ago the money came the last day of July my extension every year being July 31th I reckon it was a narrow shave, so yes I will open a second saving account and forget the first one with one million on it.

Because we have to admit that their tolerance is close to zero and when I read the OP today I really sympathize and I'm sad for arjunadawn.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, arjunadawn said:

UPDATE: Wife spoke to immigration again today. She asked how it could ever have been possible for someone renewing extension in November to comply with 12 month wire transfer proof if the rule wasn’t even finalized until January 19? 

The police order was issued in late December.

There is a memorado sent out stating offices should be lenient this year. Not sure it will help you can download it.

Memo instructing offices to be flexible during 2019 tor the amendment's requirements. Immigration Memo For Income Proof (ENG).pdf  Original in Thai: Immigration Memo For Income Proof.pdf

• Like 1

19 hours ago, arjunadawn said:

This is precisely how I feel.

Let me be the FIRST to say, I wish I could say otherwise.  I/we/and many wish it was opposite - better!  But all i am doing is being real.  Thai immigration can improve but makes a "choice" NOT to for now.  Perhaps one day current reality will improve, but until it does it is best to see Thailand for what it is, and act in your BEST interest because nobody else cares.  TVF cannot save us, even with the best of intentions by some, or many. 

Take the rose colored glasses OFF ASAP...or just keep them on....

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is a memorado sent out stating offices should be lenient this year. Not sure it will help you can download it.

Memo instructing offices to be flexible during 2019 tor the amendment's requirements.  Immigration Memo For Income Proof (ENG).pdf 192.78 kB · 141 downloads   Original in Thai:  Immigration Memo For Income Proof.pdf 149.29 kB · 105 downloads

I had the same problem in Samui, no leniency whatsoever. I'm a bit confused about the 60 day extension you're suggesting, I was told that they could only give a 7 day extension on my non imm O visa which was running out in a week.

21 hours ago, lkv said:

A. Contact an agent to discuss "options".

or

B. Start over with a fresh single non O from a nearby consulate. I would advise that non O to be based on marriage.

What type of "options" are you referring to by contacting an agent?

2 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

I had the same problem in Samui, no leniency whatsoever. I'm a bit confused about the 60 day extension you're suggesting, I was told that they could only give a 7 day extension on my non imm O visa which was running out in a week.

The 60 day extension is only available if you have a Thai wife or family.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, arjunadawn said:

Does anyone have any guidance that does not have me leaving wife, family, and home? My visa expires 8 Dec 19

Off to Suvannakhet for a 1 year ME non-O 'marriage' VISA costing 5,000bht.

You have to leave the country every 90 days, but can stretch it to 15 months of stays (5x 90 days).

No evidence of funding required, usual copies of papers and they want to see your Original marriage certificate.

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

It sounds like his money is tight due to having a family and building a new house.

If he can get a 60 day extension and get the 400k in the bank soon enough then he won't have to leave and spend the extra money going outside to get a Non O based on marriage.  Cheaper option.

I don't understand how people can't read that the OP is a "FEMALE" yet they keep referring to her as a "he".

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You have to leave the country every 90 days, but can stretch it to 15 months of stays (5x 90 days).

I guess you could even stretch that to 17 months if you also get a 60 day ext. to visit a Thai wife at the end of your last 90 days (5 x 90 days + 60 days).

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Memo instructing offices to be flexible during 2019 tor the amendment's requirements.  Immigration Memo For Income Proof (ENG).pdf 192.78 kB · 142 downloads   Original in Thai:  Immigration Memo For Income Proof.pdf 149.29 kB · 106 downloads

Thank you. Wife called today regarding marriage extension. They said yes, and can seed money for 60 days. We will do that in one week. 

The ‘issue’ about the income came up and they said those who fall in the cracks during first year can only choose money in bank method. Zero waiver. Thanks for doc links.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Sad for me the Colonel now at Surat Thani immigration was my daily running partner for a year. He used to be Trat. Wished still here. Sigh. Everyone say can do extension. Even local office say so. Makes no sense to me. I am confused too, but some smart ppl here also say I can piggyback marriage ext for 60 days on to retirement ext. fingers crossed.

21 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I'm not here to be snide.

I don't know why people continue with this method. Even if you're not caught out this year it will be next or next.

It's over. Really.

Get the money in the bank. Sleep soundly.

Go get a non o in savanakhet and build your funds up.

'I'm not here to be snide'.--But that's exactly what you are being! Supercilious to be more correct.

People continue with this method because either they can't or are not willing to put 'the money in the bank'. The former is more likely.

I'm guessing your one of those people who, a year ago were saying 'the income method is dead'. Well it isn't dead. It's alive, and well and there is no plausible reason why it should not continue to be so.

• Like 2

I feel for you but some of the comments are correct.

It is only a matter of a year or two that without having a million Bht seeded in a bank account 

the retirement extension will no longer be approved.

Listen to me folks, they no longer want poor old people here

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

For 14 yrs now I do all aspects of any Immigration issues myself, but one thing Thai Immigration needs is:

A concise Checklist of each document required for each Visa type.

I always figure it out by trial and error but I have yet to find a central concise ACCURATE Checklist of what is required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeePeeMai said:

I guess you could even stretch that to 17 months if you also get a 60 day ext. to visit a Thai wife at the end of your last 90 days (5 x 90 days + 60 days).

Yes, you can can do this. My German neighbour has been doing it for the last 2 years at least.

• Like 1