What my situation. What to do----O-A visa

I am a male, 69 years old.

have "non-immigrant OA visa" (for the past 12 years) valid until june 2020,  With multiple reentry permit.

I have two children living here ,who were born in Thailand, ages 11 and 5 . I am not married to their mother.

I do not have Thai insurance .

ו have health insurance(5 million coverage) from a non-Thai source.

I do  have 800,000  in a Thai bank .

I usually fly to Thailand every 2-3 months for a 45-60 day period.

Now out of Thailand From 25.11.19,

I will return on Dec 31, for 45 days.(I already bought a ticket)

My concerns are

1) will I be able to enter and for how long,

2) without buying Thai insurance should I get a non-immigrant O visa and how should I do that?

Is there a ‘family visa’ for which I qualify?

Thanks for your attention

I doubt June 2020 is the visa expiration date if you have a re entry permit. You would not need a re entry permit unless the visa itself had expired.  More likely June 2020 is the expiration of your permission to stay 

Entering on a re-entry permit will not be an issue on terms of insurance because it does not generate a new permission of stay. 

You should be fine until June 2020. At that point you would need insurance if you wanted to get a new OA or do an in-country one year  extension of stay. I don't reccommend doing either since you qualify for an O visa by reason of being parent to a Thai child. There is no onsurance requirement gor O visa.

If the Thai Embassy/Consulate in uour country  issues multiple entry O visas that would be the way to go. Otherwise get a single entry and do a one year extension incountry then get a multiple reentry permit. After that you'd need to extend annually in country. 

Process for getting O visa as parent of a Thai child have been detailed before in this forum or ask @Ubonjoe

• Like 1

Are you on a OA visa issued by an embassy or official Thai consulate or a extension of stay based upon retirement issued here in Thailand.

You do not need to worry about insurance when entering  the country.

Since you are a parent of a Thai you could get a non-o visa base upon that. It is also possible to apply for a one year extension of stay on the basis if you are the legal parent of your children by way of legitimization of your parenthood.

You could easily do the legitimization of your parenthood of your 11 year old child at a Amphoe since they are over 6 years old. For the 5 year old it would have to done at a family court.

5 minutes ago, dauu said:

OA visa issued by an embassy  in my country.

Same for not need insurance when entering the country using your re-entry permit.

5 minutes ago, dauu said:

I am listed as a father in the children's birth certificates

You name on the birth certificate does not make you the legal father of your children.

There is topic about it here. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

You do not have to be the legal father to apply for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate.