Jump to content

Thais are told: Stop expecting foreigners to clear up your filthy mess!


webfact

Recommended Posts

Thais are told: Stop expecting foreigners to clear up your filthy mess!

 

9pm.jpg

Thai caption: The shame of it! Throwaways after eating. Farang can't stand it and is needed to clear up the mess.

 

Thais who don't clean up after eating have been told in no uncertain terms:

 

Don't expect civic minded foreigners to clear up after you. 

 

The message came as Manager spoke of the embarrassment and shame of pictures posted on Facebook that showed a Westerner clearing up food waste on the beach at Kamala in Phuket. 

 

The poster said: "Please keep it tidy. Don't expect foreigners to clear up after you". 

 

9pm2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

 

Manager contacted the poster who said that the good Samaritan foreigner was a Portuguese man called Rui who comes to the area on holiday every year. 

 

He is so well known that the locals have given him the nickname of "Ooi".

 

He is seen out on Layi beach almost every day cleaning up after people, especially after municipal events. 

 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

 

Manager said that he was setting a great example but pulled no punches in saying Thais should stop littering in their country after eating. They should throw stuff away and behave better. 

 

The said many online posted comments like "they know how to eat but they don't know how to tidy up". 

 

Source: Manager Online

 

 
thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-02
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, webfact said:

 

The said many online posted comments like "they know how to eat but they don't know how to tidy up". 

That's because they expect someone else to do it for them but if rubbish bins are placed close to the tables maybe just maybe people would use them . LOL TIT .

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, keith101 said:

That's because they expect someone else to do it for them but if rubbish bins are placed close to the tables maybe just maybe people would use them . LOL TIT .

And who is going to empty the rubbish bins 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we the foreigner get some positive mileage out of this proclamation like printing it on a large banner and posting it in front of the immigration offices around the country...

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

 

They do, on the floor next to where they sit !!

Even worse, we had an old aunty come to our house with prepared food in plastic bags and she would insist on sitting the children on the floor, 12  and 10 years old at that time and feed both of them with a spoon then push the empty/dirty plastic bags under the sofa.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Can we the foreigner get some positive mileage out of this proclamation like printing it on a large banner and posting it in front of the immigration offices around the country...

And this has to do with visas and Immigration in what kind of way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webfact said:

"they know how to eat but they don't know how to tidy up". 

Like the 8 and 2 year olds from across the road that come and leave their packets and wrappers on our porch. Can only assume Thai parents dont teach "in the bin" but they are learning, begrudgingly, from us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, keith101 said:

 if rubbish bins are placed close to the tables maybe just maybe people would use them . LOL TIT .

At many fast food joints, I have seen endless Thais leave the table trashed, with the tray station right next to them 

 

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

 ... because they expect someone else to do it for them

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pmarlin said:

Not only Beach areas but also McDonald's, burger king and any other fast food joint in Thailand.

 

Definitely agree there...  out shopping yesterday we 'nipped' into McDonalds for the first time in a long time...

 

After ordering our food we looked around, no tables to sit at, all were full of other peoples waste, boxes, trays, empty drinks cartons, left over food - People had just got up and walked off. 

I went upstairs to find a table, it was worse, food everywhere, sauces spread on the tables along with the litter. 

 

I'm talking about 20-30 free tables - none possible to occupy because of the mess. 

 

I had to ask the staff to clear up the tables for my Wife Son and I... 

 

Combined issue here - Customers too lazy to clean up after themselves, staff too lazy to clean up after the customers.

 

The repeated theme in all of these issues is Pure absolute Laziness.... The 'Couldn't give a flook' mindset so widely spread through the general population is sometimes astonishing - it really is a shame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Matzzon said:
1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Can we the foreigner get some positive mileage out of this proclamation like printing it on a large banner and posting it in front of the immigration offices around the country...

And this has to do with visas and Immigration in what kind of way?

Aw come on - you don't see any humor at all in this ezzra's comment ? 

 

Have you seen all the news recently??? with large printed banners, an *obstinacy of Immigration officers pointing and grinning mindlessly at said banner, highlighting how their biometrics caught a 143 day overstayer, Thailand is now more safe !!!

 

 

 

(*obstinacy collective noun for.......... You guessed it !!!)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 30la said:

Thai culture does not provide respect and cleanliness for the environment!

Thai culture breeds incredibly self centred, inconsiderate people, quite why I have no idea, lack of decent parenting definitely at the root?

Driving, noise, garbage they simply have no consideration for others in the main, there are a few exceptions off course!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Like the 8 and 2 year olds from across the road that come and leave their packets and wrappers on our porch. Can only assume Thai parents dont teach "in the bin" but they are learning, begrudgingly, from us.

A light-hearted response to this.

 

We only get to see our little grandson for a day or two every few months. He doesn't get much chance to pick-up English from me and it's then neglected when he goes back home. 

 

One phrase I taught him when he first started talking was "In the bin" for when he'd finished with some sweet wrapper or similar. He soon made up his own response to me when I was being silly with him and he'd had enough - "Grandad - In the bin". Always make me smile 🙂.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Can we the foreigner get some positive mileage out of this proclamation like printing it on a large banner and posting it in front of the immigration offices around the country...

Not a good idea, it might be interpreted as an anti-corruption sentiment, and well, we can't be having any of that!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After 25+ years experience here, it is my observation that there is no higher power except money and power to many. While I don't deny my own country suffers the same, it is not awash from border to border with examples of the disregard for disposal of trash, garbage and pollution. Sadly, this is another eyesore ignored by those decorated with medals and other decorations of no value.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmarlin said:

Not only Beach areas but also McDonald's, burger king and any other fast food joint in Thailand.

Don't they have employees to clear up the mess from their customers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thai culture breeds incredibly self centred, inconsiderate people, quite why I have no idea, lack of decent parenting definitely at the root?

Driving, noise, garbage they simply have no consideration for others in the main, there are a few exceptions off course!

You forget the Thai are the same as "The  Borg" work as  one

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

After ordering our food we looked around, no tables to sit at, all were full of other peoples waste, boxes, trays, empty drinks cartons, left over food - People had just got up and walked off.

Thats exactly what I  do, its their  job to serve me i dont expect to have to do the dishes afterwards, I refuse to clear up INSIDE their stores, almost as  daft as that food chain where you pay to  cook your food

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Curt1591 said:

At many fast food joints, I have seen endless Thais leave the table trashed, with the tray station right next to them 

 

 

Starbucks can’t even put their plastic cup in trash, just walk away, like the HiSo, and can’t run 2 baht together 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Thats exactly what I  do, its their  job to serve me i dont expect to have to do the dishes afterwards, I refuse to clear up INSIDE their stores, almost as  daft as that food chain where you pay to  cook your food

 Probably don’t have two baht to run together, everybody owes you, Pathetic

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thai culture breeds incredibly self centred, inconsiderate people, quite why I have no idea, lack of decent parenting definitely at the root?

Driving, noise, garbage they simply have no consideration for others in the main, there are a few exceptions off course!

Parenting by Grandparents that’s the Problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The repeated theme in all of these issues is Pure absolute Laziness.... The 'Couldn't give a flook' mindset so widely spread through the general population is sometimes astonishing - it really is a shame. 

If you have a company/business, dont hire Thai employees...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...