Chiang Mai Visa Waiver Extension, TM30?

Due to some sort of system change, I was unable to get a Tourist Visa at the Thai consulate in Dublin so, I entered on a waiver.

Now I want to extend that by 30 days at Chiang Mai immigration, but I've just realised that I don't have a TM30 for staying at my partner's house.

Are Chiang Mai Immigration going to insist on that before extending my waiver? I gather that some offices are less aggressive in how they enforce this stuff.

I completely forgot about the TM30 because I usually enter on Tourist visas and have no need to visit Immigration during my stays.

Also, am I likely to be fined? We stayed at hotels for a couple of weekends, including this weekend just past.

I swear, if I was not in a relationship since before the junta introduced all this nonsense, I would happily leave Thailand and never return.

Thank you @ubonjoe

Would you, or anyone, happen to know if Chiang Mai immigration have a particularly tough reputation for this stuff?

I have generally found them very good over the years - disorganized but decent - but, of course, this TM30 stuff could be quite a cash cow if enforced vigorously.

I am weighing up the option of simply heading to Vietnam before my initial 30 days are up, rather than get caught in a situation in which I have to pay a fine.

Edited by donnacha

46 minutes ago, donnacha said:

I am weighing up the option of simply heading to Vietnam before my initial 30 days are up, rather than get caught in a situation in which I have to pay a fine.

If CM IO require a filed TM30 in order to process your extension of stay from a Visa-Exempt, and you are not in compliance the fine would be either 800 or 1600 THB.  Hardly worth making a trip to Vietnam to avoid it, simply pay and have it solved on the spot.

Since you stayed in Hotels before staying at your girlfriends place, and are a tourist on VE, chances are high they will not even bother.

Note: In case your girlfriend wants to file a TM30 of you (or any other foreigner for that matter) staying at her place, I did sent you PM a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register and file TM30s on-line on the IO TM30 website.

24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I did sent you PM a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register and file TM30s on-line on the IO TM30 website.

Thank you Peter, I greatly appreciate the effort you put into this document, laying out the whole process in a logical way.

Prayut should hire you to sort the whole damn mess out, they're badly short of logical thinking and communication skills in government circles these days ????

• Thanks 1

Just this week read a report of a tourist being fined in CM for not reporting (CM Expats page on facebook I think) when the general concensus is they have been fairly easy on tourist and visa exempt holders and this was more a rogue IO (following the law tho). 

• Thanks 1