4 months in

Nakmuay887

Thanks for doing such good.  Always welcome that.

Allow me one observation:

I watched the first youtube and saw kids being given a sort of snoopy, a drink, and a bag of some kind of chips.

I dont find any of these healthy or helpful, but rather, unhealthy physically- things called food in plastic bags, sugar water for drink, consumerist doll, and....

What are you teaching them about the modern world?  To aspire to?

I see their beautiful surroundings.  How can you help them keep that, the naturalness of their home?

The water filter - seems like a great addition.

3 minutes ago, Harveyg said:

Thanks for doing such good.  Always welcome that.

Allow me one observation:

I watched the first youtube and saw kids being given a sort of snoopy, a drink, and a bag of some kind of chips.

I dont find any of these healthy or helpful, but rather, unhealthy physically- things called food in plastic bags, sugar water for drink, consumerist doll, and....

What are you teaching them about the modern world?  To aspire to?

I see their beautiful surroundings.  How can you help them keep that, the naturalness of their home?

The water filter - seems like a great addition.

That's why I said in the post I felt it was actually doing more harm than good. That was my first trip over to them. Very naive on my end. 

The hill tribes don't need the modern world other than maybe antibiotics and sewing kits. But you can slowly see it changing now as they want hard currency instead of just bartering amongst themselves. 

Now I bring clothing and medicine. 

The Karen children I teach are practicing English, learning how to box and learning how to read and write. Most already speak Thai, Burmese and  Karen and are very eager to learn English and French from me. 

The two young boys in the photos lived in a garbage dump near the border for over a year before this school found them. Dad was killed by Burmese soldiers. Their mom took off to Bangkok and never came back. Sad state of affairs for many of these children. 

The few hours of happiness I manage to bring them means everything to me 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

Josh,

I'm in BKK for 21 years.  I would like to come and visit.  Can you DM me your email if you feel this is OK.

I'm not doing very much with my time.  My daughter is in International School and is busy with her friends.

Perhaps I could bring some needed supplies.

Absolutely. I'll send you my email now. 

Well done & good luck. As much as I dislike pugilism it can be a character builder if controlled properly. Our village is just 45 Km up the hill from Mae Sot & yes, the people are honest, friendly,

& hard working. Being a young fella you could fall foul of immigration.

Ensure you cross your T's & dot your I's

• Like 1

Well done young man, it is truly refreshing to read your story and to see the people whose lives you are helping, I wish you many many more years of helping some of the most unfortunate people in the country.

Please keep us up to date with your adventures. ????

• Like 1