Scotland must be given new independence vote - Sturgeon

webfact

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

That is pure hyperbolic nonsense. I do not know a single person in Scotland who hates the English. Not a single one.

And believe me if I ever met one who did we would be having a problem because some of my own family are English and I worked with many English people who were all fantastic.

What you are trying to do Vogie is stir up some kind of racial hatred just because such a narrative would suit your own agenda.

You should be ashamed of that mate. 

Enough of your accusations and nonsense. On ignore again.

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

i think, here, you have unwittingly highlighted the main reason so many people both north and south of the border object to the notion of Scottish independence.

The stories of outright hostility between family members, neighbours, even strangers; the claims of anti-Englishness as a driving force; the suggestion that Scotland couldn't survive financially - of course, anyone who has any understanding of Scots and of contemporary Scotland will tell you that that is all massively exaggerated or even complete fabrications intended to discredit the independence movement. 

The reality is that, for many of those who object to the idea, they simply do not like the thought of something of which they have been part for many years might change in the most fundamental of ways. If you look at the demographics it is clear - overwhelming support with under 35s, a strong and convincing majority of under 65s also in favour. The opposition comes from those over 65, who are most likely to oppose change in any form, especially one as seismic as wrestling control of your country from where it has always been for the entirety of your life.

And while their views are valid and legitimate, regardless of which side of the border you reside, the reality is that it is for the people of Scotland to choose their future, and the timing is their choice too. If you live in a semi detatched, you don't dictate to your neighbour if and when they can decide to move. 

I think, here, you have unwittingly highlighted the main reason so many people both north and south of the border object to the notion of Scottish independence. 

I have not unwittingly mentioned anything, what I strongly object to is saying that breaking up and the separation of The United Kingdom is nothing to do with the English, after all we do share a border, even though it is becoming placard bound by fervently inclined idealogic SNP supporters, are we in agreement so far?

But what is abuntantly clear is that the SNP has become a political party that is above critisism and woe betide anyone saying anything negative about the party or its illustrious leader Eva Sturgon. I fell into that trap last night and was branded a "Racist", it seems to me that the SNP supporters can say anything about our government and its leader ("nasty party") but you must be prepared for the retribution if you call us. 

If you live in a semi detatched, you don't dictate to your neighbour if and when they can decide to move. 

true but in the same breath you don't say to your wife, I am going to divorce you and it's nothing to do with you.

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

Oh please, a moment's consistency from you would be appreciated. Last week you accused me of getting over exercised because our weak, incompetent and corrupt government voted to abandon food and safety standards and voted to rid itself of the power of oversight. This week you are talking about a placard bound border manned by SNP supporters. You do understand that every word you type further underlines just how little you understand about Scotland? Clearly you don't want to know the reality - you prefer to live with these false beliefs for reasons beyond me (for the avoidance of doubt, we are not in agreement with your assessment). 

Again, you reinforce just how little you know of Scottish politics and political personalities north of the border. There is nothing but criticism for the SNP from the Scottish and UK wide media (with the exception of the National and, occasionally, the Sunday Herald). The BBC constantly derides and criticises the SNP, as does Sky News and, to a lesser extent, C4. To suggest that they are somehow considered above criticism is a nonsense as fake as your other accusations. What you will find, however, is that most Scots are tired of the constant, unfounded criticism of their government. Present credible and valid accusations by all means, because they are as fallible as anyone, but stop with the endless tirade of lies and outright prejudice because that is what people rail against. 

Husbands and wives, in this day and age, have an equal say in how things are managed. But, that aside, if one wants a divorce, the other has to accept it; the days of husbands having property rights over their spouses are over. 

Pure bluster, anything that anyone says about your glorious leader is met with 'you don't understand' please don't patronise me!

22 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Oh please, a moment's consistency from you would be appreciated. Last week you accused me of getting over exercised because our weak, incompetent and corrupt government voted to abandon food and safety standards and voted to rid itself of the power of oversight. This week you are talking about a placard bound border manned by SNP supporters. You do understand that every word you type further underlines just how little you understand about Scotland? Clearly you don't want to know the reality - you prefer to live with these false beliefs for reasons beyond me (for the avoidance of doubt, we are not in agreement with your assessment). 

Again, you reinforce just how little you know of Scottish politics and political personalities north of the border. There is nothing but criticism for the SNP from the Scottish and UK wide media (with the exception of the National and, occasionally, the Sunday Herald). The BBC constantly derides and criticises the SNP, as does Sky News and, to a lesser extent, C4. To suggest that they are somehow considered above criticism is a nonsense as fake as your other accusations. What you will find, however, is that most Scots are tired of the constant, unfounded criticism of their government. Present credible and valid accusations by all means, because they are as fallible as anyone, but stop with the endless tirade of lies and outright prejudice because that is what people rail against. 

Husbands and wives, in this day and age, have an equal say in how things are managed. But, that aside, if one wants a divorce, the other has to accept it; the days of husbands having property rights over their spouses are over. 

Thought we had two Scottish Prime Ministers in a row, were they different Scots...?

10 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

When all you offer is conjecture devoid of anything of substance, I have nothing else to respond to. Respond with something insightful and then we will have the basis for a discussion. Continue to offer lies and smears and expect to get taken to task for it. After all, if you are happy to repeatedly claim that the political aspirations I have held for most of my adult life come from me being fundamentally 'anti-english', you can't surely expect me to ignore it?

I have never called you anti english, but that doesn't mean that there are certain factions aligned to the SNP that are and some on here are, as it has been proven. 

This is the 4th time of me asking and I know you have the right not answer if you don't want, but do you think that the break up of the UK has nothing to do with the english as many posters seem to think.

I will keep the post short as much longer ones seem not to get an answer on important issues.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not sure that this is relevant. Is it?

Why not, Scots here keep mentioning Scots, and Scots controlled the UK with their Scots roots for well over a decade in Westminster, did these Scots stuff Scotland leading to the SNP trying to quosh the Union...? 

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I think it will concern many people but I do not see their concern as being of a higher importance than the desire for the majority of Scots, should they choose to take it, to be independent. But I still fail to understand why someone in, for example, Leeds should be upset because people in Inverness are governed from Edinburgh instead of London. 

I'll take that as a yes then shall I. If we didn't share a border I would quite likely agree with you, and with a border comes extra responsibilities like our countries security. Of course should you get your separation from England and then ask to join the EU, the EU would stipulate a hard border between us. So don't trivialise the separation, it has a lot to do with the rest of the UK and England.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I would suggest that Blair is like Gove when it comes to being Scottish - it is handily forgotten when it suits him. 

But if you think that independence is about personalities, then I am afraid you are mistaken. 

No, its about MP's. No good dismissing the fact that Scots controlled the UK for many years..The SNP has one objective, removing itself from the Union, that's it. 

• Like 2

Hardly true independence if you are then to go into the EU is it?

Get out of the UK, don't join the EU, and become a truly independent country.  I would respect that. 

Still, doubt the Scots will vote to leave anyway when the inevitable referendum comes in a few years.

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

EU members are sovereign. They can leave whenever and however they please. They are not forced to join. They have veto rights. They discuss four days and nights until everyone agrees. Compare that to being a vassal state of the UKSSR.

You're from the UKraine then..................????

3 hours ago, vogie said:

what I strongly object to is saying that breaking up and the separation of The United Kingdom is nothing to do with the English,

Of course it has to do with the English, with 85% of the vote it has always been about the English.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

EU members are sovereign. They can leave whenever and however they please. They are not forced to join. They have veto rights. They discuss four days and nights until everyone agrees. Compare that to being a vassal state of the UKSSR.

Ha...if the UK is such an oppressive, Soivet style dictatorship then why did it allow a democratic referendum on Scotland leaving?  What a load of dribble.

I bet Scotland gets THIRD referendum (after the next one is rejected) before Spain will allow Catalonia its first.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course your free to distort the facts, doesn't make it right.

The SNP MP's were elected on a manifesto, but you probably dispute that, which indicated as part of policy an intention to bring forward a vote.

It will be the people of Scotland that decide if Scotland should leave the union, in exactly the same way that the people of England decided the UK should leave the union. Why did Joe Cocker just come to mind?

.......leave the UK and be controlled by Brussels and big daddy Germany.....????

Yeh, Scots freedom alright.....:whistling:........You do make me laugh....:clap2:

• Haha 2