Scotland must be given new independence vote - Sturgeon

webfact

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

And many more people than Alex Salmond think differently. If the UKSSR was a democracy like the EU, it wouldn’t be up to him and it wouldn’t be up to Westminster to decide what “must” happen to that referendum result. It would be up to the Scottish people. 

Nicola Sturgeon said it too, you must listen to your leaders, you know it makes sense.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

The majority of Scots want to manage their own affairs - it is the minority unionists who are creating the consternation. 

Minority 50%, biased or what, you are being very disingenuous to your fellow Scots, unionists lives matter.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Huh? You mean that we didn't actually respect the referendum result? Is Scotland actually free of the burden of the union and I was not aware of it?

You are continually trying to undermine it, including with these thuggish clowns on the border. 

You accepted the terms of the referendum. The result was not what you wanted. Now show some respect for Scotland, Scottish Unionist voters and show some decency yourself. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Is your definition of decency total acquiescence and the abandonment of principles? Should we stop running elections every 5 years because there was a decisive winner in 2019? How about you show some decency and respect the will of the majority - because it is a majority who want independence, I am afraid. Only a dwindling minority want to stick with London rule.

I think the majority may not be in the majority for much longer, how many have joined or voted for the SNP hoping to get back into the EU club. When it is explained to them that is only a pipe dream and that there is very little chance of you rejoining you may lose quite a few supporters. Also other members calling unionists "traitors" are hardly going to win them over to your way of thinking.

Here is SNP David Linden explaining to Andrew Neil the Scots economic plans.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think the majority may not be in the majority for much longer, how many have joined or voted for the SNP hoping to get back into the EU club. When it is explained to them that is only a pipe dream and that there is very little chance of you rejoining you may lose quite a few supporters. Also other members calling unionists "traitors" are hardly going to win them over to your way of thinking.

Here is SNP David Linden explaning to Andrew Neil the Scots economic plans.

Utterly clueless. I'm surprised this thread hasn't yet burned itself out the same way.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

But calling remainers traitors is perfectly acceptable?

You seem to keep forgetting that the MAJORITY in Scotland voted to remain in the EU.

You seem to forget that a MAJORITY in Scotland voted to remain in the United Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

<snip>

And except that it’s not fiction but a fact that the UK’s head of state is unelected.

It is also a fact that she has no real political power; and her mum was Scottish!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The relentless rise in the strength of the independence movement is what is keeping this thread alive ???? 

Wishful thinking absent just about everywhere beyond these boards. Having explained the quickest way Krankie's lot can achieve independence I won't bother doing so again. 

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes in 2014. A lot has happened since then.

The promises made by Better Together have not been delivered. Indeed the Conservative government in Westminster has actually gone out of its way to damage Scotland and the democracy in it.

English votes for English laws. Basically prevents any MP from a Scottish constituency holding high office.

A Scottish affairs committee thats full of English MP's?

The repatriation of powers which were devolved to the EU being brought back to Westminster rather than the Scottish parliament?

Being torn out of the EU against our will just because of English nationalism?

Yeah a lot has happened since 2014. Hence the majority of Scots now want independence.

What would you do to convince Scots to stay? What powers would you give to Scotland to remain part of the UK? What cost would you put on retaining the union?

Yes in 2014. A lot has happened since then.

Yes a lot has happened since then, but what has not happened is a generation span, listen to your leaders for once, they know better than you Rookie.

You were not torn out of anything, the UK voted to leave, accept it and stop thinking you are a special case, you're not, we voted as one.

I don't have to do anything to convince the Scots to stay because you aint going anywhere, you can't, you don't meet the EUs most stringent criteria.

I think that the SNP is in such a mess it doesn't realise the powers it has got.

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Those arguing against a second Scottish independence referendum are the same lot who are arguing against a referendum on the final Brexit deal.

They don't want either for the same reason: fear.

Fear that they will lose.

If they are so sure that they are right, then they would have nothing to fear from either vote.

can't say I see that those two votes are comparable at all - two different animals to me

(but I'm not a jock - I only drink made in Scotland)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Ah, Brexiteers telling what the people want. Classic! Btw, what were the SNP’s results in the last election again? 

If the UKSSR would be so confident about its members not running away, it would give them the right to decide about their fate their own, rather than keeping them as vassals. 

The Scots decided their own fate in 2014 and it is the last time I'm telling you, it is just not sinking in, is it.

Just now, vogie said:

The Scots decided their own fate in 2014 and it is the last time I'm telling you, it is just not sinking in, is it.

The Scots don’t have and never had the right to call an independence referendum and declare independence. They cannot decide their own fate. They are a vassal state of the failing UKSSR. It’s just not sinking in, is it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1