Hero cave-diver felt 'humiliated, dirtied and ashamed' by Elon Musk 'paedo' insult

webfact

8 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Nice job indeed -- worth about $190 million.

(from the Latin pedester, going on foot) You can't make this up, can you?

The truth is: 

Relating to children

Most commonly in English, it is from the Greek pais (παῖς-), originally meaning 'boys'. as well as children Contemporarily, it is more associated with the word 'children'.

Edited by Isaanbiker

• 2 weeks later...

Saw an old article. Vern's mother also wanted Elon shot. According to DM ...  ????

The mother of a hero British caver who helped save 12 Thai schoolboys trapped in a cave said billionaire Elon Musk 'should be shot' for calling her son 'pedo guy'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5973553/amp/Mother-hero-British-caver-Vernon-Unsworth-says-Elon-Musk-shot.html

1 hour ago, thailandsgreat said:

Saw an old article. Vern's mother also wanted Elon shot. According to DM ...  ????

The mother of a hero British caver who helped save 12 Thai schoolboys trapped in a cave said billionaire Elon Musk 'should be shot' for calling her son 'pedo guy'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5973553/amp/Mother-hero-British-caver-Vernon-Unsworth-says-Elon-Musk-shot.html

the 'hero' should go back home and take of of his mother.

On 12/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, MarcB said:

Still, he thought it would be a nice little win.

That's all it was....trying to get some money

Nothing to do with "honor", "hero", or feeling "ashamed of being a pedo".

Even now he is still trying to get money out of it.

What a "real hero" he is...only after money from books and movies.....pfffff

He is very lucky he didn't have to pay the legal fees of the Musk team which is normal practice in an American court.

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

He is very lucky he didn't have to pay the legal fees of the Musk team which is normal practice in an American court.

I haven't followed the details. But the crazy accusations and the ludicrous sum demanded. (Vern also had to go to LA?) ...

I sometimes wonder if all expenses for both parties in the case were covered by the Musk public relations account  ???? That's modern advertising.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:33 AM, webfact said:

A hero cave-diver has confessed he felt "humiliated, dirtied and ashamed" after being branded a 'paedo' by Elon Musk.

I really have the impression that this very respectable gentleman adds a little too much.
Elon Musk is what he is; a great scientist, certainly a little enlightened, who does not live in the same world as us.
He did not realize what he said and as neither of them has enough humility climbing in bulls.hit is there ...:wacko:

The way I saw it, Musk was insinuating that every man who has long term ties with Thailand, be that holidaying, living in LOS, having a Thai GF/wife etc., is a paedophile. There are enough small minded people in the UK, Europe, US, Aus etc. who already have this mindset, so I was pretty p'd off that a high profile person like Musk was publicly perpetuating this way of thinking. 

I really hoped Musk would lose the court case, but Unsworth could / should have played a smarter game. In hindsight it may have been better to simply respond to Musk's comment with a witty put down exposing his small mindedness.