ho chi mihn visa regulations too much ?

12 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Well you won't be getting a visa. BTW don't even consider retiring to Los in future if you consider a photocopy of bank book page a breach of your human rights.

You need flight into Los along with onward flight. Photocopy of bankbook. Photocopy of passport identity page and most recent departure stamp. Hotel booking (can be fictitious). Application form.

Drop off am and pick up on next day pm

It's not hard!

my bank is basically my credit card .................can i photo copy a page of the credit card page would they accept that

i only stay in thailand for more than 30 days once a year.  in this case i want to stay 57 days.  i can always just extend the 30 days. more easily inside the kingdom at immigration. i dont beleive they ask for bank statement in that case.  to be blunt it seems to be a way to make money...............40 dollars out of kingdom with legwork.   60 dollars inside the kingdom with fewer demands upon me.  im not a lifer

Unfortunately for you sir Thailand and Thai Immigration set the rules on what is acceptable for a visa the same as any other country does and if you do not want to supply all the information that they deem is required then they have the right to refuse you a visa. Just a word of caution, do not get into an argument and try to tell Thai officials what they are to accept and what they are not going to get or you might find that you will not get any visa. I saw this happen in Laos recently.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i basically use my credit card as my bank.........can i just print off my credit card statement and submit that ?  i have a cash access line of 4500 dollars on it........  would that work???

You could try but is says bank statement on their website.

"Bank statement is reqired within 3 months

Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7442/80804-For-Non-Vietnamese-passport-holder-|-Dành-cho-ngườ.html

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try but is says bank statement on their website.

"Bank statement is reqired within 3 months

Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/7442/80804-For-Non-Vietnamese-passport-holder-|-Dành-cho-ngườ.html

i have bank statements but quite a bit of money in them and i prefer to keep that private

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i have bank statements but quite a bit of money in them and i prefer to keep that private

Many people submit them and have not had a problem later.

Only the staff at the consulate see it. Not sure what anybody could do with only a bank statement. You could probably redact part of the account number and they would accept it.

12 hours ago, kelboy said:

All smells a bit fishy to me.

If you have the right documentation then you get your  visa.

I thought the Thai consulate in HCMC were very good 

they do seem good.  i guess im used to the old way...i didnt realize they have gotten strict. 

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people submit them and have not had a problem later.

Only the staff at the consulate see it. Not sure what anybody could do with only a bank statement. You could probably redact part of the account number and they would accept it.

wouldnt it be easier im my case to get my 60 day visa inside the kingdom after my first 30 days are up (getting the extra 30 days).?  i pay 20 dollars more for this , but easier? or  maybe they are asking for the bank statement as well ????????  i did kind of get angry with the embassy the best i could i did everything right i thought spending my valuable time and at the end of it. they wanted hotel booking and bank statement that is relatively new requirements.  i understand if i want the visa i must follow the rules. but maybe better just pay the 20 bucks extra and go to thai immigration in thailand for the extension

20 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

wouldnt it be easier im my case to get my 60 day visa inside the kingdom after my first 30 days are up (getting the extra 30 days).?  i pay 20 dollars more for this , but easier? or  maybe they are asking for the bank statement as well ????????  i did kind of get angry with the embassy the best i could i did everything right i thought spending my valuable time and at the end of it. they wanted hotel booking and bank statement that is relatively new requirements.  i understand if i want the visa i must follow the rules. but maybe better just pay the 20 bucks extra and go to thai immigration in thailand for the extension

Actually the financial proof is not new. It has been on the MFA website for at least a decade. But most embassies and consulates did not enforce it or the tickets out. The proof of accommodation is fairly new.

image.png.8add3e4285412e8e3365bd14d0ba7f51.png

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

Financial proof, accommodations and a ticket out are not required to apply for the 30 day extension at immigration.

• Like 1

Maybe a good idea to have a bank account, without the main bit of your finance showing for next time.
I try to have an account which is partially configured to try and anticipate what the next income requirements may be. There was a post not so long ago, saying some folk in Finland were getting asked something like 6000 euros to be in a bank, for six months, for a tourist visa! Not ideal a month before you are going, if you only have 5999 Euros in the account.

I can certainly see that only just sufficient info is appropriate, and agree with your concerns, about not giving over all your financial details.

• Like 1

I think there is something you are not telling us.

Paranoa over giving them a bank statement being one of them when you can clearly sign over 

"for immigration purposes only"

Something to hide ??

Your chances of ever staying long term in Thailand with this attitude are very slim

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, yogavnture said:

they do seem good.  i guess im used to the old way...i didnt realize they have gotten strict. 

Thai officialdom love documents and paper, it's the way it is. If you require something from them and they have rules laid down in a book, they are not going to give you leeway unfortunately.

I feel you are worrying unnecessarily with regards to giving an official body such as a Thai consulate or Embassy official documents such as bank statements.

Also, threatening never to return or spend your money elsewhere doesn't work either, many have tried and failed. It falls on deaf ears.

5 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i basically use my credit card as my bank.........can i just print off my credit card statement and submit that ?  i have a cash access line of 4500 dollars on it........  would that work???

no just come on the 30 day and extend, your suggesrions will not move immigration

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Actually the financial proof is not new. It has been on the MFA website for at least a decade. But most embassies and consulates did not enforce it or the tickets out. The proof of accommodation is fairly new.

image.png.8add3e4285412e8e3365bd14d0ba7f51.png

Source: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

Financial proof, accommodations and a ticket out are not required to apply for the 30 day extension at immigration.

thats what i figured.  just easier and faster pay the 20 bucks more and do it in the kingdom at immigration.   they also say on the website if your visa denied you dont get your money back................

16 hours ago, natway09 said:

I think there is something you are not telling us.

Paranoa over giving them a bank statement being one of them when you can clearly sign over 

"for immigration purposes only"

Something to hide ??

Your chances of ever staying long term in Thailand with this attitude are very slim

i dont want to stay long term only 57 days.  all these rules are because of the long term westerners skirting the visa rules to stay long term.  which hurts people like me that just want a long vacation.  i have no intent to work or live here.............

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

i dont want to stay long term only 57 days.  all these rules are because of the long term westerners skirting the visa rules to stay long term.  which hurts people like me that just want a long vacation.  i have no intent to work or live here.............

What rules? You only want 57 days....heck as you yourself mentioned just arrive VE and do a 30 day extension. Or exit Los and re-enter. Why bother with setv Saigon then jump onto Thaivisa complaining about the consulates very simple rules to follow in order to obtain a setv (which you don't even need). 

I'm in Hanoi. If we're Saigon I would be in Bui Vien street. Give it a try and fly back to bkk.

I suggest DM.

9 hours ago, yogavnture said:

i did kind of get angry with the embassy

Never ever get angry at a government workers (or anyone actually...) when in Asia , if you intend to travel there regularly you better understand that and apply it diligently.

Also, at the end of the day getting angry on whatever only impact yourself and your health in a very negative way ...

Requirement to show a bank statement is pretty standard everywhere in the developed world, no surprise they start requesting this in south east asia, nothing to do with people abusing tourist visa, a bank statement is hardly something hard to produce for most of everyone wanting to stay in Thailand ...

Note that If you could get an official paper from your bank stating your name, address and current balance they would likely accept that. Unless of course you behave like an angry old hag in which case they will stick very strictly to their rules and might even invent new ones if they are really pi.ssed.

Edited by freeman01

16 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

Never ever get angry at a government workers (or anyone actually...) when in Asia , if you intend to travel there regularly you better understand that and apply it diligently.

Also, at the end of the day getting angry on whatever only impact yourself and your health in a very negative way ...

Requirement to show a bank statement is pretty standard everywhere in the developed world, no surprise they start requesting this in south east asia, nothing to do with people abusing tourist visa, a bank statement is hardly something hard to produce for most of everyone wanting to stay in Thailand ...

Note that If you could get an official paper from your bank stating your name, address and current balance they would likely accept that. Unless of course you behave like an angry old hag in which case they will stick very strictly to their rules and might even invent new ones if they are really pi.ssed.

Why so sympathetic to strange op attitude?

No bank would do what you suggest. In any event the OP has such enormous amount in bank? 

If was half serious would have secondary bank account. Most people have several. 

Seriously just another nonsense thread from stick in the mud type.