Foreign tourist numbers on course to hit 39 million next week

webfact

27 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

yes 30 million from india who dont spend any money in bars , shops , etc they will realise soon enough th tourists they need to look after GBP 39 to pound should be 78 to pound , and visas can only stay 3 months a year and dont they want any longer how is that attracting the biggest spenders the uk and europe , usa and australia 

I just wanted to help correct that last sort of 'run-off' statement you typed up there.

"..attracting the biggest spenders from The United States of America, Canada, Australia, and yeah, the U.K."

You're welcome.

1 hour ago, Solinvictus said:

I just wanted to help correct that last sort of 'run-off' statement you typed up there.

"..attracting the biggest spenders from The United States of America, Canada, Australia, and yeah, the U.K."

You're welcome.

Perhaps the Europeans are not the biggest spenders, but they are as liked as the ones you name.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, Traubert said:

By the way, Chinese really dislike Vietnamese rice which is reason enough for them to avoid the place.

That's a new one on me... nothing to do with the the Vietnamese universally despising the Chinese of course. Look, I love Thailand and the Thais as well and will defend the place when warranted, but one does seem to be flogging a dead horse. You're not a well-spoken propaganda TAT mole, perchance?

• Like 2

So 39 Mil is the new 40 Mil, come on TAT you seem to have forgotten your earlier prediction of 40, yes you, have you have!

Those responsible for this shocking miscalculation need to be imprisoned immediately, not only the current face losing cretins, their family and future generations as well. 

How will the country survive?

10 hours ago, Traubert said:

Errmmmm....I know!!

Instead of counting people they count limbs (including amputees, that's how they get the odd numbers) and AOT has it's own fleet of drones that take off and land constantly in between aircraft so they can be counted as flights!! Leaves landing on the runway count too!

Well its as believable as some of the tosh posted here. ????

The foreword of the AOT report suggests passenger growth in 2018 was most significant in Chiang Rai, up 14%, also interesting to note is the large increase in traffic to smaller airports in Thailand such as Phitsanulok. That suggests people are shunning the more popular locations in favour of new and less well known ones that are less touristy and also cheaper, which makes sense.

12 hours ago, saengd said:

I still want somebody to account for how the AOT air traffic report on plane arrivals and plane loadings shown above manages to confirm the 40 million. I expect the answer will be that AOT is not to be trusted, along with BOT, TAT, government and anyone else in Thailand!  

Simple... Have you never noticed that one of the people standing on the air bridge as you get off the plane has a handheld counter and is clicking away as each person leaves the plane.  This is TAT 0.001.

1069077451_HandheldCounter.jpg.1f5240ef891650554cd6e0e29c6ec323.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Traubert said:

Ok, todays hate filled rant. Well lets have a look shall we?

So lets say that TAT are actually DOUBLING the numbers and there's only 20m tourists instead of almost 40m.

Vietnam received 8.2m tourists so far this year. Cambodia 6.6m. Still 5.2m short, where have they gone?

38% of Vietnam's visitors are Chinese. Ooohh!! Good riddance to them then. 33% of Cambodia's tourists were also Chinese. Thank God they didn't come to LOS, eh? The streets would be awash with spit.

In fact the growth markets for tourism in ASEAN are Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. Vietnam is in the list but it's not the miracle that everyone here says it is. All those markets mentioned here are seeking the majority of their growth from.....

Drum roll......

China.

Sleep tight. No-one else has got any money. ????

Quite lame. Nearly every time I see someone complaining, or observing a shortfall about the policies here, or the culture, some guy who has not taken the time to think things through, nor to devote any time, study, or focus on the issue at hand, says something like "Perhaps Thailand is not for you", or "maybe you should leave", or "it's not fair", or the top prize, "if you do not like it here, go back to your own country". 

Why? Because I have some issues with the place, I am not entitled to complain, or voice my opinions? Half of the posts on this forum are complaints. What is wrong with that? Don't we need someplace to vent? Why the sensitivity? Why such thin skin? Though absolute contentment must be a beautiful thing to be blessed with, it is not something most of us enjoy. The fact that I complain does not mean I do not love Thailand, my lifestyle, and most of the Thai people. I have a good life here. But, I do have some issues with the place, as most do, and I do not like the government, and there are some things I would like to see improved. Do you not see any room for improvement? I should leave because I complain? 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, colinneil said:

Jackanory, jackanory, please tell me a story, what a load of BS.

Maybe foreigners passing through the airports, but not tourists.

So every time an offshore worker does his monthly round trip he is counted as an incoming tourist.

Same applies with those doing visa runs !

• Like 2