Trump to deliver State of the Union address on Feb. 4

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

Justice Ginsberg is getting on in years just like the IMPOTUS but her intellect is as sharp as ever whereas he was never more than a dim bulb, and that bulb just gets dimmer and dimmer.

She is no doubt the solution to the Dem's dilemma of finding a suitable candidate for president.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Whatever the outcome of Impeachment it seems to me the Dem's are screwing themselves in time for next years Election. All they've done in the last three years is spend all their time trying to remove Trump instead of playing their part in running the country and helping its people.  Besides that they don't seem to have a really credible Candidate but what would i know, I'm a Brit'...Lol.

Seems the House has passed around 400 bills 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

I am sure you also include POTUS. Too old and senile to be President. 

Yes as long as his opponent is NOT one of the old ones. If these 4 are the other choices and if they each go 2 terms they will be this old after that: 

Warren. ( 5 months shy of 80) 

Biden 86 

Sanders 87 

Bloomberg 87 ( 2 weeks shy) 

This is insane. 

Remember when Reagan turned 80 in the White House? Nancy took over and she was more loopy. 
This race is for the President of the United States not the Pres of Boca Raton by the sea retirement home. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Becker said:

She is no doubt vastly more qualified and suitable than IMPOTUS and she would be even if she were dead.

Republican John Ashcroft famously lost a Senate election (in Missouri, 2000) to Mel Carnahan, who had died more than a month before the election. Unable to win an election against a dead man, Ashcroft nevertheless was selected by Bush II to serve as US attorney general.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Yes as long as his opponent is NOT one of the old ones. If these 4 are the other choices and if they each go 2 terms they will be this old after that: 

Biden 86 

Sanders 87 

This is insane. 

Remember when Reagan turned 80 in the White House? Nancy took over and she was more loopy. 
This race is for the President of the United States not the Pres of Boca Raton by the sea retirement home. 

It's true that age may be a problem on both sides. Then I guess it would also depend on how well they select and manage their aides and staff. Trump shows already a poor track record on that criteria.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Besides that they don't seem to have a really credible Candidate

Of course from the day that Biden announced his candidacy for the presidency, Trump has behaved with fear resorting to a foreign nation for dirt on Biden. But more to the point that a study by Real Clear Politics of five different national polls shows Trump being beat by 3 of the 5 top Democrat candidates: Harris (+6.0), Biden (+4.4) and Sanders (+2.4).  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

The problem for Democrats is that the POTUS isn't elected by national popular vote but by state electoral votes based on county-level votes. Although some states are passing laws to allocate electoral votes pro rata to county vote results vs winner take all at the state level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Biden 86 

Sanders 87 

This is insane. 

On the other hand, in all humility, at age 72 I would have been more competent to seek the advise of those more knowledgeable in various fields to guide the county. I am thinking this is true of many who have any knowledge base.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Among other things, I expect President Trump will briefly address Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi, and set them straight.

I expect to see Mr. Carter Page in the balcony seats! Second mentions for Sarah Huckerby  Sanders

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

It should get higher ratings than the Super Bowl. I'll have my popcorn ready to go.

I wonder what the over/under line will be on the number of times Pelosi rolls her eyes or makes a goofy face. 

Yeah I'll watch. But I don't see how Pelosi can ever beat her "clap back" before. 

19 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Ha!  Pelosi has learned her lesson from the fiasco of last year.  Could it be she is falling into line after the "impeachment" debacle?

Only time will tell.

Being contrite and inviting President and Commander-in-chief Donald J. Trump to give his State of the Union speech is a good sign. 

Looking forward to the President's speech!

Her invite for Trump to speak is a matter of long-established custom. The invite is for the president to speak and would also apply to Mike Spence, if it came to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So will Americans vote in someone who is less than 70 years old?

I hope so, actually, but will not hold my breath. Some of the younger ones were no better than the old Presidents, well at least some of them.  Good luck to the Dems and Republicans. I just hope that someone better than Trump gets voted in next time, 

but look at Canada, we got Trudeau for 4 more years, because 2 Big Eastern provinces of Ontario and Quebec, said he could get back in power. At least he is a Minority Prime Minister, and hopefully next time an Ex Prime Minister.

Geezer

• Like 2

She giving him enough rope...

You know he's going to go off.  He'll do go into his schtick like he's at one of his rallies, and it will all go into the Congressional Record.  It will be cross-referenced by historians chronicling the impeachment.

If somebody in the chamber starts laughing, and others join in, he's really going to lose it. Now that would be something to see.

"He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does."

No hurry for the Senate farce, just let that impeachment hang over them all, make it last past election day.  Let them all sweat.

I could see how if the Senate doesn't remove him he'll try to nullify the impeachment, erase it from history. 

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1