Netanyahu accuses ICC of anti-Semitism in pursuit of war crimes probe

webfact

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's face it and tell the truth, this is NOT about the Palestinians is it? the jews were persecuted, hated and ostracized all through history long before there were any palestinians around, so what were the excuses than huh? the terms palestinas become to be known  after the 6 days way in 1967, where were the palestinians than? citizens of Jordan that's where...

Ummm... what?

prior to the UN decision to give Palestine to the jews by creating Israel, the area known as  Israel was called Palestine. If Palestine’s citizens were in Jordan, it was because of their eviction from their homeland.... nothing to do with being Jordanian citizens.

if you believe that the term “Palestine” is new to the world, I’m thinking a modicum of ignorance might be involved.

B0583B2C-D132-42CB-9769-9A1D68AD23BA.png

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

It’s awfully hard to trace such lineages definitively, and the mixing of peoples over centuries often leaves no clear lines of ancestry. Some historians argue that Palestinian Arabs are largely the descendants of the Hebrew peasants who occupied the land in biblical times, then converted to Islam during the Arab invasions. Coupled with the theory that Ashkenazi (Eastern European) Jews, who make up most of Israel’s population, are descendants of the Khazars, a medieval Turkic people whose leadership adopted Judaism and whose central Asian khanate was ultimately absorbed by the expanding Russian state, and you have the rather delicious if absurd situation that the present conflict is between proto-Turks (present-day Israeli Jews) and ancient Hebrews (present-day Palestinian Arabs). (Unfortunately, the Khazar theory has been thoroughly debunked by genetic research.)

In any event, a modern-day Palestinian Arab identity has clearly developed over the past century that cannot be denied, certainly helped along by the conflict with the Israeli state, and this is simply part of the organic development and transformation of human societies/cultures, that’s happening all over the place, all the time.

I read recently that they had through genetics determined that the so-called Philistines were originally from the southern Greek area. They migrated to what is now Israel when the Greek states began to break up.

Palestine is a made-up construct, as are any Palestinian peoples. There is no historic mention of either until approximately WWI when the British took control of the area.

This is a good link to explain the Philistine issue.
https://www.livescience.com/55429-philistines.html

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I read recently that they had through genetics determined that the so-called Philistines were originally from the southern Greek area. They migrated to what is now Israel when the Greek states began to break up.

Palestine is a made-up construct, as are any Palestinian peoples. There is no historic mention of either until approximately WWI when the British took control of the area.

This is a good link to explain the Philistine issue.
https://www.livescience.com/55429-philistines.html

Not sure about that but my understanding is there really isn't an ethnic distinction between Palestinian Arabs and Arabs in general. So identifying as Palestinian is a political construct (not saying there is anything wrong with that or that it diminishes their claims for human rights).

Jewish people on the other hand are most definitely a distinct ethnoreligious group. 

Of course the founding of the state of Israel as a majority state of the Jewish people is also a political construct.

That doesn't make Jewish identity better or worse than Palestinian identity but there are fundamental differences in the origins of those identities. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I am sick and tired of all these anti-semitism accusations from Israel. The Israelis commit atrocities against the Palestinians and claim anyone calling them on it is anti-semitic.

They have changed the definition of antisemitism.

I am a proud member of BDS. I want Israel out of Palestine and all their settlements too. I boycott all Israeli goods. If that makes people call me antisemitic, well, I'm sure I'll be able to live with that.

Well, you didn't define the borders of Palestine that you want Israel to be out of. That's important of course because lots of BDS types don't really accept the existence of Israel within ANY borders.

As far as the definition of antisemitism yes it has been justifiably expanded to include toxic rhetoric of demonization against Israel. For example calling Israel the same as Nazis, etc. Also it's quite common for the term anti-Zionist to be used as a more socially acceptable CODE for Jew hatred. It isn't always used that way, but it very often is, and it's usually not very hard to tell the difference.  

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well, you didn't define the borders of Palestine that you want Israel to be out of. That's important of course because lots of BDS types don't really accept the existence of Israel within ANY borders.

As far as the definition of antisemitism yes it has been justifiably expanded to include toxic rhetoric of demonization against Israel. For example calling Israel the same as Nazis, etc. Also it's quite common for the term anti-Zionist to be used as a more socially acceptable CODE for Jew hatred. It isn't always used that way, but it very often is, and it's usually not very hard to tell the difference.  

BDS accepts Israel.

• Haha 1

Millions of people slaughtered in Syria, no one cares.

Iran slaughters tens of thousands, no one cares.

Jewish Israel's prime minister of  a Jewish country says something and people go nuts.

Yes, he's right. 

>Territory acquired by aggression is not, far as I know, legally owned land.

Well that must be about 95% of the world's countries on occupied land. 

Edited by toast1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, toast1 said:

Millions of people slaughtered in Syria, no one cares.

Iran slaughters tens of thousands, no one cares.

Jewish Israel's prime minister of  a Jewish country says something and people go nuts.

Yes, he's right. 

>Territory acquired by aggression is not, far as I know, legally owned land.

Well that must be about 95% of the world's countries on occupied land. 

What makes you think nobody cares? This thread is not about Syria or Iran. 

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/23/2019 at 9:30 AM, ezzra said:

Let's face it and tell the truth, this is NOT about the Palestinians is it? the jews were persecuted, hated and ostracized all through history long before there were any palestinians around, so what were the excuses than huh? the terms palestinas become to be known  after the 6 days way in 1967, where were the palestinians than? citizens of Jordan that's where...

Ezzra.  I’m tired.  There is nothing to face because the history is not known.  Some comments here are incredibly naive.  Some are anti Semitic without the intention to be so.   No minds will be changed here, no matter how much evidence you bring. 

• Like 1

When you way up the information, it's hard not feel incredibly sorry for the Palestinian people by the behaviour of their own leaders and of course the Israeli Government.

I recently read the booked titled the General's Son by Miko Peled (former Israeli special forces solder). Very moving and gives a real insight into the lives of many Palestinians.

Really sad that he has been accused of being anti-semitic, which considering he is a practising Jew and fought for Israel, is a disgraceful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:

I'm constantly amazed that this particular issue isn't more prominent in the news. As bad as the Israeli government treats the non-Jewish population, nothing compares to how badly the Arabs are treated by the PA in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza.

Non Jewish Israeli citizens are treated the same as Jewish Israel citizens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast1 said:

>What makes you think nobody cares? This thread is not about Syria or Iran. 

Because no one does.

When it doesn't involve Jews no one cares.
Millions have been slaughtered in the Middle East by non-Jews, no one cares.

Hundreds of Kurdish villages were raised to the ground, tens of thousands killed, do you think anyone cares? No.

No Jews, no one cares.

"These are people that shall dwell in the heads of people who only care about Jews" 

That's actually not true. Shooting rockets into Israel includes Jews and no one cares.

• Confused 1

On 12/23/2019 at 8:20 AM, ezzra said:

Let's see now, what do you call a hundred of instances where jews and Israelis are targeted all over the world with hate crimes and the BDS targeting israel products? or several countries Iran, Turkey Russia just to name a few, that invades and occupy other countries and territories that's ok, Russia air bombing civilians in Syria it's ok, China imposing a million muslim Uighurs in entertainment labour camps, nevermind that, the UK Corbyn who made is his platform to pender the Palestinians and terrorist groups by calling them 'my friends'... i can go on and on and on, yes, it is an anti semite, hateful and dark ages mentality behaviour whether it goes netanyahu ways or every other which way... 

but .... but ..... but ........ they killed Jesus!