visa renewal denied at CM immigration. Visa expires.

Today my one year retirement visa expired. I tried to renew it 3 times but was denied because even though I have sufficient income it was not all deposited in bank. I know this is my mistake as every year before I just got letter from consulate. My problem is I don't know what to do now. I jst had motorbile accident and have no mney left for airplane flight even to Malaysia. I ahve new passport and cannot go to Laos. Ii it possible to go to Mae Sai border and reenter with 1 day overstay and pay fine, or will I get arrested. CM immigration is no help at all when I ask what to do. I have plane ticket to America within 30 days if I can stay that long. Does anyone have any advice for me. merry Christmas.

You can go to Mae Sai or Mae Sot for a visa exempt entry, paying the 500 baht (for one day) fine. There is a small danger of being arrested for the overstay at a road block on the way to the border, but this would be very unlucky and it anyway seems like your only realistic option. Do not delay.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What would you suggest Thai immigration do? 

Are you trying to say that 12 consecutive deposits to a Thai bank is the only alternative to an Embassy letter.

One has to assume that 4 deposits of 3 times the amount, or any other combination, just doesn't equate.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Are you trying to say that 12 consecutive deposits to a Thai bank is the only alternative to an Embassy letter.

One has to assume that 4 deposits of 3 times the amount, or any other combination, just doesn't equate.

They do seem to want to keep the facade of having workable procedures in place, but they don't equate to reality in many examples, especially for UK, US, & Australia nationalities.....

If I had an accident, and temporarily  could not manually initiate a SWIFT transfer, that would be the income procedure disrupted, just because the transfer arrived a few days late!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Where on this earth does any of you find a lenient and helpful immigration office?

Three years ago, the Imm office in Nakhon Sri Thammarat was always helpful. Of course if your partner had a cousin who worked there and provided cookies from 7-11 it made any renewal a cinch. 

Which leaves me with the understanding that it's not 'what' you know, but 'who' you know that matters most in Thailand - and probably most everywhere. Also, taking this one step further, I now use a friendly visa agent (at a cost) to act as the go-between at CM. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I didn't read about the "significant contributions". I got stuck on "I don't have enough for plane ticket even to KL...."

Thai imm are not required to provide advice.

Finally I don't see it as "win-win" at all.

Hope the OP can get to border and obtain 30 day ve. 

Thank you for your reply....feelings mutual hope it all works out. Merry xmas.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Chazar said:

for me the stupidity is  often they have the money to  live just fine  in Thailand  but  not shown in the ridiculous way the  Thais want it  shown.

You mean the way it has to be shown since three major foreign embassies refused to issue income letters which facilitated an easy way to "show" income for many years?

• Like 2