visa renewal denied at CM immigration. Visa expires.

4 hours ago, Letseng said:

Where on this earth does any of you find a lenient and helpful immigration office?

Pathumthani......last time I went to submit TM30 (now do it online), I arrived 5 mins after "closing time".....4.30pm.

Went into the room, first male IO says bluntly "cannot,  closed" but one female IO says..."ok, I do it for you as special favour" (she's seen me before ),  AND wouldn't accept some "coffee money"......laughed and handed it back.

So there are a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

Are you trying to say that 12 consecutive deposits to a Thai bank is the only alternative to an Embassy letter.

One has to assume that 4 deposits of 3 times the amount, or any other combination, just doesn't equate.

Correct.... 12 deposits, one each month, of 65000 baht or more from overseas is the clearly stated requirement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Old Croc said:

It is also incumbent on each individual to keep up with any changes

youll need  to  call them weekly then call every  IO office  in Thailand as they all interpret differently........and theres  the problem, thats   just the start, then you have each individual officer, some are  real twits and do what they want........... its  simply  impossible 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, UKresonant said:

They do seem to want to keep the facade of having workable procedures in place, but they don't equate to reality in many examples, especially for UK, US, & Australia nationalities.....

If I had an accident, and temporarily  could not manually initiate a SWIFT transfer, that would be the income procedure disrupted, just because the transfer arrived a few days late!

Exactly. The poster I responded to, and many others, seem to think that immigration has no alternative than to insist on 12 consecutive transfers.

I have recently been to HCMC for a multi non O as I could not renew my extension. I was out of the country for a couple of months and did not transfer during that period.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mcl2504 said:

When I'm a guest in someone's home, I try not to complain about the way they keep house. And if things become truly unbearable, I cut my visit short. I genuinely don't understand why some come to Thailand and then torture themselves by complaining about the way Thais "keep house." Friends and family are probably better sources of support than a government anyway, no matter where you live.

I hope things work out for the original poster, but for me, the joys of living here far outweigh the problems. When that ratio changes, it will be time for me to leave, not time for me to expect the Thai culture to adjust to my expectations.

I hope 2020 will bring us all fewer problems, more contentment, less grief, and more joy—wherever we find ourselves.

very well written and worth repeating...

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In quite a lot of countries they do, and in some cases can pass on the tenancy agreement to their children.

I can't say you're right or wrong; it just doesn't mesh with my experience. It seems odd that any country would allow a tenant to hold a landlord hostage like that. In any case, such radically different approaches to tenancy law does prove my point that people, countries, and societies are different, and expecting the ones that don't meet our expectations to change is more frustrating than helpful. But again, I'm just expressing my own personal feelings. 

Move to Vietname. 40%+ cheaper and easy 4 visa. Since your American your paying taxes worldwide so no benefits staying here. Especially 4 beers cigars and cars. They’re much cheaper over there. 

Edited by Drax

2 hours ago, mcl2504 said:

When I'm a guest in someone's home, I try not to complain about the way they keep house. And if things become truly unbearable, I cut my visit short. I genuinely don't understand why some come to Thailand and then torture themselves by complaining about the way Thais "keep house." Friends and family are probably better sources of support than a government anyway, no matter where you live.

I hope things work out for the original poster, but for me, the joys of living here far outweigh the problems. When that ratio changes, it will be time for me to leave, not time for me to expect the Thai culture to adjust to my expectations.

I hope 2020 will bring us all fewer problems, more contentment, less grief, and more joy—wherever we find ourselves.

This is your second post where you criticize everyone for “complaining” and suggest they just leave here, in your oh so polite way.  Then tell us how great life is for you, the newbie ...gee, we have never heard that perspective before. I highly resent being called a guest here, if you want to think of yourself like that go right ahead, I will not think of myself like that.  I was never once treated like a guest, I was treated like a boss, who pays, and pay I did, so I deserve respect.  

The poster is not complaining about Thai culture, he has a logistics problem.  Thais hate strict rules and usually will accommodate people they know.  They know him, they could accommodate him ...that actually would be following Thai culture. Running short of money for a moment is no big deal here, being a bit late, no big deal.  They could work with him based on his past performance.  I know that is not immigration’s style but it could be.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Chazar said:
21 hours ago, Old Croc said:

It is also incumbent on each individual to keep up with any changes

youll need  to  call them weekly then call every  IO office  in Thailand as they all interpret differently........and theres  the problem, thats   just the start, then you have each individual officer, some are  real twits and do what they want........... its  simply  impossible 

The OP is a member of Thaivisa, a place where every change to immigration rules is dissected in minute detail in hundreds of posts by scores of people.

He should try to gain information here, not just use the place to complain when his lack of knowledge catches up to him. 

edit :  sorry Phuketrichard, just noticed you essentially said the same thing in the post above.

Edited by Old Croc

They have their rules not hard to comply with, that way everyone knows what they need. How screwed would it be if they cut one guy slack then everyone would be asking for slack. I have never seen any sign saying immigration benevolent society,

12 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

sorry, but the rules are the rules.  ignorance is no excuse and zero reason for immigration to be lenient.

Yes, rules are rules, and we have rules for those with an embassy letter and different rules for those without.

I appreciate that there are those that have little time for equality, particularly the better off that like to preach from the moral high ground.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Yes, rules are rules, and we have rules for those with an embassy letter and different rules for those without.

I appreciate that there are those that have little time for equality, particularly the better off that like to preach from the moral high ground.

What are you talking about? It was the foreign office/embassy staff who withdrew the

confirmation letters, nothing to do with immigration having different rules for different

nationalities.

• Like 1