Bar girl meets prince who takes her back to his home country - how often does it happen?

OneMoreFarang

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You can be (mostly) happy together with a woman you love without marrying her.

If I would have kids, which I don't want, then I would consider marrying. Otherwise I don't see many good reasons to do that.

Sure , why not.

The only problem with that is the commitment issue. and then there are some legal and financial issues..

5 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I dunno about taking them back home, but the previous village I lived in here, seems like half the Thai wives were ex-bargirls/gogo dancers.

Sometimes I am surprised how good many women can hide this.

I think with many bar girls you can see them anywhere anytime and they look like bar girls.

And some of the ex-bar girls look just the same.

But there are also lots of women who I know worked in bars before but later they look like "decent" women and you would never guess they worked in bars before. 

On 12/24/2019 at 6:03 PM, bendejo said:

Have you seen pictures of the house?  Were all the pics taken from the outside?

for sure there would be photos - everyone has a camera these days, i have ex gfs - not bar girls, who have married foreigners, they love to boast about their life in the west on social media, if the story is true post the photos.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think with many bar girls you can see them anywhere anytime and they look like bar girls.

But there are also lots of women who I know worked in bars before but later they look like "decent" women and you would never guess they worked in bars before. 

Perhaps because they are decent women? 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:
6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Perhaps because they are decent women?

Yes, perhaps that is the case.

But I think it's still amazing how much some of them change.

I remember one of my favorite girls who looked like HiSo when I saw her a few years later. Looking at her I don't think anybody would have expected that she ever worked in a bar.

And for the record: I don't think bar girls are bad. I like many of them. ???? 

Yes. It is possible. I know in person a shy mid age professional, from a very wealthy French family, that never had a GF, but met a younger, very simple, and uneducated American girl, seating by him on a plane trip. They got married months later and she know live in his palace. 

As usual we have the guys who know nothing group. I personally know 4 who hooked up with farang and went away to live happily ever after except one. One lady is in England, one in Sweden she has 3 kids, another in Australia with her child from Thailand. Another lady I know went to Switerland for 3 months then came back because the guy could not afford to pay her bills which he said he could. She told him up front what she would need a month while there 1,000dollars a month for her car payment, support for mom, and her 2 boys. He said ok but then could not come up with the doe and she headed back to Nana.

I know another lady who lives in the states, never a bar girl, she has a son and her husband flys a helicopter to ferry skiers into the remote ski areas. Yes it does happen not all Thai women are losers nor do they marry losers. 

Merry Xmas to everyone

Yes, there are wealthy guys who do come to Thailand and fall in love with a bar girl.  Sometimes on the girls part it becomes true love (I have seen it happen) but many times it is a way for them to support their families back home.  In most cases there are very strong family ties between the girl and her family that could cause problems later on.  That said, Thai girls can be wonderful mates and wives.  I have one but we remain in Thailand.  She also has a very nice family but although very far from rich they ask nothing.  And, there is no reason I can think of not to choose a bar girl.  She has been most likely been in the occupation as it is difficult for a Thai girl with a minimal education to earn a decent days pays any other way.  They just consider this work as their jobs.  If you are looking for a long term partner I would not suggest going to the big tourist areas.  Often the girls there get hardened to the 'business' and understand that the tourists are only there for 2-3 weeks so they extract what they can from them in the short time they can be together.  Go to the more sleepy, laid back areas where the girls are not aggressive, maybe you'll get lucky.    

1 minute ago, dlclark97 said:

Yes, there are wealthy guys who do come to Thailand and fall in love with a bar girl.  Sometimes on the girls part it becomes true love (I have seen it happen) but many times it is a way for them to support their families back home.

And how is that different from any other country on the planet? This is not unique to Thailand, it's the way of the world, IMHO. I wonder how many women in this world marry for love and love alone, not for the financial security that marrying will bring. I'd also be willing to bet that it's more often women marrying for financial security than men.

Working as a sex worker is not necessarily a reflection of character as much as it is a reflection of the desperation to provide support to/for a family. I seriously doubt that there are women who grow up wanting to be sex workers.

14 minutes ago, moe666 said:

not all Thai women are losers nor do they marry losers. 

They mostly marry for money hence the age gap, they aren't naturally attracted to men 20\30+ years older. I've also noticed more weird looking guys in Thailand than back in farangland i.e. struggle\impossible to meet someone back home. It is good for girls to move to falangland, maybe they will meet someone better

On 12/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, Lacessit said:

Rupert Murdoch has succumbed to the Asian persuasion for a while.

Uncle Rupert did ok.....he saw the Chinese honey trap for what it was, licked it clean then binned it.
Uncle Ruperts mum didn't bring up no dummy. 

41 minutes ago, moe666 said:

As usual we have the guys who know nothing group.

And then there are the guys who write something which is almost not related to the original post.

Most of us know marriages which worked and others which didn't work, in Thailand and outside of Thailand.

But this specific thread was supposed to be about poor Pattaya bar girl meets guy with 18 bedroom mansion and how likely that happens.

32 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I wonder how many women in this world marry for love and love alone, not for the financial security that marrying will bring. I'd also be willing to bet that it's more often women marrying for financial security than men.

Recently I read a couple of articles written by feminists - I was bored. It seems they all marry because they love their partner - most of the time other feminists.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's call her Noi for this post.

On 12/24/2019 at 5:41 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

let's call him Hans

Well, they aren't even exactly real for this post either...

my sister in law was overheard in the village telling someone that she lived in a big home in bkk and had a store like a 7/11 where she sold things...

when I visited, the home was a tiny corrugated tin room in construction workers quarters... barely big enough for a bed and she sold toiletries on a board outside in front... it was all burmese refugees, they bought on credit and never paid their bills... 

so, I am going to guess a good amount of fiction working here... 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, sirineou said:

Why does it have to be a bar girl?

Um, because when cupid shoots that arrow at you in a bar, and scores a direct bullseye, you will fall in love, even if it's just for that one time in your life, then you will realise, the words "bar girl" are just that, words, not the person within the "bar girl" ????

For me, having been in lots of relationships with girls during my life's journey, and married once previously, (which shouldn't of happened), but under the circumstances, one could say is was a forced marriage.

Love was never really experienced till cupid did his part in shooting me with his arrow some 13 years ago, the rest is history and so glad he got me.

Thanks Cupid !

Image result for gif cupid shooting arrow

The first people to be called 'English' were the Anglo-Saxons, a group of closely related Germanic tribes that began migrating to eastern and southern Great Britain, from southern Denmark and northern Germany, in the 5th century AD, after the Romans had withdrawn from Britain.

4 minutes ago, blazes said:

er no, the House of Windsor is German in origin....

And so are we to a greater and lesser degree!!

1 minute ago, kenk24 said:

my sister in law was overheard in the village telling someone that she lived in a big home in bkk and had a store like a 7/11 where she sold things...

when I visited, the home was a tiny corrugated tin room in construction workers quarters... barely big enough for a bed and she sold toiletries on a board outside in front... it was all burmese refugees, they bought on credit and never paid their bills... 

Hey, my ex-wife was like that.  She was an American white woman with an MBA.  When confronted with these fabrications she would say she's creating the things she wants (a requisite, flourishing hand gesture is made when saying creating, part of the process).  I tried telling her it makes her sound either dishonest or crazy, and she chided me for being negative.  It's called creative visualization.

Well, gotta go now, I have Margot Robbie in the bedroom waiting, the girl can't get enough of me!

9 minutes ago, blazes said:

I think the OP has decided, in a New Year's resolution, that he is going to start writing short stories.

There's enough material here to fill a Dickens novel.....

or maybe, more appropriately,

Thomas Mann.

a modern adaptation of Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice":  "It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife…..." 

I don't have concrete numbers, just anecdotal evidence. In my village from what I understand there's a girl that moved with her wealthy farang to Brasilia. The wealthy farang also built a house for his wife's parents. 

There's also a Thai lady that moved to the USA with her farang husband and is working as a doctor. Bought some land recently for her parents.

And there's a lady that now lives in Canada with a farang husband. They seem to have a nice middle-class home (I saw the Facebook photos). From what I understand the lady used to be married with a Thai husband, but didn't work out. Had 2 daughters and those daughters are living and studying in Canada as well.

Then there's a lady that has married a German man. She still lives in our village, but I've never seen the German man come here. Did see some photos of the wedding in Germany some time ago. I believe these two people have a marriage of convenience, perhaps to allow the German for an easy marriage visa. I believe this German man works on oil platforms. From what I understand he does send his wife money each month though. 

So those are the stories I know of from our village. All seem reasonably to very successful. I haven't hear bad stories of Thais with farangs over here in our village in the North-West part of Chiang Mai province.

Archived