Bar girl meets prince who takes her back to his home country - how often does it happen?

OneMoreFarang

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is "western" thinking.

I know Noi's family. They have a decent enough house and lots of land. The father is a farmer, the mother has a small shop and takes care of the children.

Noi's older sister has a normal job and a husband, all seems to be fine.

Noi was always lazy. She didn't want to go to school, she didn't want to do any house work and she never wanted to take care of her own children. Her husbands were supposed to go work and give her money for gambling - all three of them left her very soon...

But since Noi works in Pattaya it seems especially her mother is really proud of her and all the money which she brings home. And she brings her farang "boyfriends" home, about every month another one. I guess basically every western family would hate to have a daughter like that. But for Noi's parents it seems she is the girl to be proud of... TiT.

if she is so, then at least it's better for her to make money out of it - Nothing to be proud of, but it's less stupid 

On 12/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, CharlieH said:

In my  experience this is usually an over exaggeration by the girl to impress people back home and the reality is far from the story given. (saving face)

However, I do know of instances where the girl does find a "diamond" and does marry a very wealthy guy too, but the latter is rare, the former is usually the case. 

I also know of an instance where it went really badly and ended in being forced into working in a massage parlor etc etc passport with-held., but the story back home was of the handsome prince again.

Seen it go both ways. Personally knew a girl who went to Germany and got forced into prostitution but fortuanately I had friends who were police in Germany ,found her and  she was sent back to Thailand. Also seen many bar girls end up with desperate farangs and get married , taken abroad. A co worker married a Bkk bar girl ( not even very pretty) and they are still together in US 15 years later. Seen other pretty bar girls in Pattaya/Bkk get married  and move overseas or retire from dancing and move with farang to Issan village.

Once the girl marries a western man, she will likely have resources available to her that she never had before. So for me it comes down to, what does she do with these resources? Will she use them to better herself through study, a business, or other endevour? Or will she just perpetually consume your resources, doing nothing to grow or create her own sense of self worth beyond her husbands cheque book.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you ever visit a German brothel? Bang bang, 10min, the next one please. I am sure it's hard for some of the girls.

Well, yes I have. Not sure of the name, close to Martaisures in Munich. Long time ago, may not be there these days. Another one just with street numbers, way off the subway line. Would have to ebay an old travel paperback to find those three houses.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:06 PM, CharlieH said:

In my  experience this is usually an over exaggeration by the girl to impress people back home and the reality is far from the story given. (saving face)

However, I do know of instances where the girl does find a "diamond" and does marry a very wealthy guy too, but the latter is rare, the former is usually the case. 

I also know of an instance where it went really badly and ended in being forced into working in a massage parlor etc etc passport with-held., but the story back home was of the handsome prince again.

I would have to concur but beg a question:  I have heard for Thai girls, or any proposed immigrants to Germany,  they need to have a good control of the German language, including some certification, in order to get their Visas. So there could be some face saving involved.  Up to You.

I grew up in a house with 19 bed rooms.

It was an old rotten dairy, sold off cheaply by the village council. 

My father renovated it with the help of mom and the kids. He didn't have the money for professionals.

My parents were village teachers. 

My room had about 7sqm.

The ceiling was too low for me to stand upright. 

Archived