Thepprasit locals moan about roadwork

Rimmer

Thepprasit locals moan about roadwork

1368-N1-Dec-20-04-Thepprasit-digging.jpg

PATTAYA:--With completion still four months off, Thepprasit Road street construction has residents and businesses moaning about traffic and inconvenience.

Half of the busy thoroughfare is closed from Sukhumvit Road to the Grand Condotel intersection as part of the previously announced roadwork.

The 16.6-million-baht project began Sept. 25 and contractor Sahathanachon Co. is scheduled to complete the project on March 23.

Not only is the road ripped up, water pipes are laid on the sidewalk and street vendors are making no bones about their displeasure.

See more: https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/thepprasit-locals-moan-about-roadwork-281647

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-12-26--

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Dream on!  or should I say don't hold your breath.  The same dreamers that wish Pattaya Klang and 3rd Road!  You must think you are at home?????

I really don't think it would make a lot of difference. The driving style here turns most roads into crawling lanes... bar Hwy 7. Sukhumvit is 6 lanes but traffic is often doing 40-50kph. Talking on the phone, trying to find the noodle stall a friend is at (oblivious to all traffic around you) means one has to drive slowly in the middle of the road. 

Edited by jacko45k

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I really don't think it would make a lot of difference. The driving style here turns most roads into crawling lanes... bar Hwy 7. Sukhumvit is 6 lanes but traffic is often doing 40-50kph. Talking on the phone, trying to find the noodle stall a friend is at (oblivious to all traffic around you) means one has to drive slowly in the middle of the road. 

Right,  the more lanes the smoother the roads just makes things worse? driving weaving in and out of traffic in their own world thinking others need to look out for you? 

The holes the construction is their their solution they are what I term their definition of a Thai speed bump?  When it comes to Hwy 7, Sukhumivit traffic often doing 40-50?  never seen it, normal travel seem to 80 plus and the reason traffic crawls is because the lights are too long and particular on Sukhumvit there aren't any turnouts it is basically light to light. 

Just yesterday I was on Sukhumvit, they block out the turnouts in front of Makro for the New Years and force everyone down to Theppasit before you could do a U-turn.  Insanity! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Just yesterday I was on Sukhumvit, they block out the turnouts in front of Makro for the New Years and force everyone down to Theppasit before you could do a U-turn.  Insanity! 

Wasn't there a bad incident there not long ago? People using the U-Turn and then having to get over to the left sharp like for the Macro entrance has been mentioned before. Obviously that is the other direction.

Edited by jacko45k

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Wasn't there a bad incident there not long ago? People using the U-Turn and then having to get over to the left sharp like for the Macro entrance has been mentioned before. Obviously that is the other direction.

There are always accidents on Sukhumvit whether there are turn out for places like Makro. They like to build all these center islands with lots of grass and trees but play no attention in design and traffic flow. I've seen them build so many turnouts and then fill them in because they forget to make special lane for them and then none for merging into traffic even if they did Thais have no idea how to merge they know pedal to the metal straight ahead but when they have to make a left or right turn merge into traffic they basically pee in their panties?

When it comes to Sukhumvit and Makro, the traffic light from one signal light to the signal light at Thappasit like many is about 120 seconds so what you get is drivers (not as stupid as you think) speed over 120 Km/H so they won't have to sit and wait at the next light. Then you got drivers who don't know how to merge or want to get into Makro make turns like turtles and you get an accident! 

• Like 1