2 Day overstay penalty

I know that there is no penalty for a one day overstay when flying out of Suvarnabhumi, but what is the penalty and further consequences in passport stamping for 2 days please? I need to stay out of Thailand another 2 nights to avoid this but the air quality here in Vientiane is dreadful and really getting to me!

Edited by SunsetT

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you get caught it's a 5 year ban from entering the country.

If you give yourself up at the airport, a fine of 500bht/day.

You've got to ask yourself, "Do you feel lucky?"

I'd have question that ! . I helped a guy a couple of weeks ago was caught at home by immigration and went court for 3 years overstay !..He got 4000 baht fine and banned for 2 years from entering thailand then deported!

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Is that because you already have a flight out of the country that is after your expected permit to stay in the country.

Yes Joe. I just wanted to check the amount of the fine whether 500 or 800thb per day. Also if u get a big probationary red stamp saying 'Bad boy! Imprison and/or deport at any future opportunity!' rather than the small meaningless stamp and squiggle u get for a one day overstay?

Edited by SunsetT

3 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Yes Joe. I just wanted to check the amount of the fine whether 500 or 800thb per day. Also if u get a big probationary red stamp saying 'Bad boy! Imprison and/or deport at any future opportunity!' rather than the small meaningless stamp and squiggle u get for a one day overstay?

it is 500 baht a day.

Not much difference between 1 day or 2 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 007cableguy said:

I'd have question that ! . I helped a guy a couple of weeks ago was caught at home by immigration and went court for 3 years overstay !..He got 4000 baht fine and banned for 2 years from entering thailand then deported!

Doesn't make sense, there is no 2 year overstay ban.

17 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Be aware that agents are reporting that Kota Bharu have now joined Penang in not issuing visas to those with a previous overstay stamp in their passport.

But how long of an overstay. I don't think they would deny an application for 1 or 2 days.

• Like 1

Frankly and am NOT trolling but if people are simply incapable of working out entry and exit dates and abiding by them (how difficult is it bar Hospital visit ) then if you manage to get one stamp then a 2nd should be over and out with a suitable 5 or 10 year ban

40 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Frankly and am NOT trolling

Frankly Chivas you are simply incapable of working out what personal circumstances (not just a hospital stay) determine the length of my or anyone's else's stay in Thailand! My visa obtained 4/5 months after checking Thai and Laos holidays expires tomorrow 29/12 and I should have been able to get a visa in Vientiane on Monday/Tuesday 30/31, BUT, after checking the embassy holidays again a few weeks ago I saw that the Vientiane Embassy is actually closed on these 2 days before the New Year as well as an extra day after. So I had to leave Thailand 4 days early on the 25th as I did not want to be stuck in Laos for the New Year. Anyway, there r many personal factors that determine the length of my winter stay which have nothing to do with u, and I actually enjoy a couple of nights in Laos now and again. It is also entirely up to me if I want to take the risk of a 1 or 2 day overstay so, frankly Chivas, do not be so quick to judge and insult people's intelligence!

Edited by SunsetT

11 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Frankly Chivas you are simply incapable of working out what personal circumstances (not just a hospital stay) determine the length of my or anyone's else's stay in Thailand! My visa obtained 4/5 months after checking Thai and Laos holidays expires tomorrow 29/12 and I should have been able to get a visa in Vientiane on Monday/Tuesday 30/31, BUT, after checking the embassy holidays again a few weeks ago I saw that the Vientiane Embassy is actually closed on these 2 days before the New Year as well as an extra day after. So I had to leave Thailand 4 days early on the 25th as I did not want to be stuck in Laos for the New Year. Anyway, there r many personal factors that determine the length of my winter stay which have nothing to do with u, and I actually enjoy a couple of nights in Laos now and again. It is also entirely up to me if I want to take the risk of a 1 or 2 day overstay so, frankly Chivas, do not be so quick to judge and insult people's intelligence!

lol lol lol you're insulting MY intelligence

Just reread what you've just written. Take responsibility for yourself instead of blaming all and sundry. Absolute comedy gold

Edited by Chivas
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, final note. IMO, since you have your flight out and very short overstay just go to airport and pay overstay. 

If you had time up your sleeve and wanted extra days in Los, you could of applied for extension for the extra 7 days.

I deal with CW and find staff very helpful but it's going to chew up a day for you to go there.

Good luck.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

But how long of an overstay. I don't think they would deny an application for 1 or 2 days.

Thaivisa service added an update on the 10th December regarding their weekly visa run to Kota Bharu.

Update 10th December: Non ED visa application will be viewed with critical eyes. Non O and Non B are welcome. Transfer stamp from old passport to new passport not possible, need to be done before trip and in such case you have to take both passport to the Consulate, and NO OVERSTAY, we can not accept. We try to help with visa application but we can not guarantee that the desired visa will be issued, the final say has the Consulate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As per post #12, fine on a 2 day overstay is 1000 baht (whereas in first 24 hours it'd be waived on an airport departure).

It's not recommended to factor in an overstay for a trip nowadays, the much harder lines from immigration in recent years mean any infraction might work against someone in the future. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

As per post #12, fine on a 2 day overstay is 1000 baht (whereas in first 24 hours it'd be waived on an airport departure).

There is no fine for an overstay of less than 24 hours at either airport in Bangkok (others will charge 500 baht). If more than 24 hours the 500 baht fine will be charged for every day of overstay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no fine for an overstay of less than 24 hours at either airport in Bangkok (others will charge 500 baht). If more than 24 hours the 500 baht fine will be charged for every day of overstay.

Yes, I should have specified the 24 hour waiver applies only to the airports in Bangkok. 

22 hours ago, Chivas said:

lol lol lol you're insulting MY intelligence

Just reread what you've just written. Take responsibility for yourself instead of blaming all and sundry. Absolute comedy gold

Just reread all that I have written and tell me Chivas, who I am blaming for anything?

Edited by SunsetT