The most problems I've ever had in Thailand are in relation to dogs.

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dog ownership should come with a licence & signed responsibility for the welfare of their pets & safety towards others.

I've never been in any country that did any such thing.

Why do people insist on holding the Thai people to a Western standard? W.T.F. is wrong with you people? Do they treat their animals well? Not really. Is it really any different from most other countries? No, with the usual exceptions in North America and Northern Europe.

That said, there are a couple of howlers on our street that we have considered feeding special 'treats'. I hate dogs. I'm a pusssy man through and through. ????

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dog ownership World Wide should come with a licence & signed responsibility for the welfare of their pets & safety towards others.

There's a lot of things on this planet that 'should' be but aren't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:
8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Dog ownership World Wide should come with a licence & signed responsibility for the welfare of their pets & safety towards others.

There's a lot of things on this planet that 'should' be but aren't.

Agreed, and accepting that as is would be pointless in a forum designed for open discussion. 

Thai people are dog lovers.

One of my neighbour's dogs keep howling life a wolf every night for one hour, and my neighbour must be deaf because he didn't think it is a problem.

Edited by EricTh

52 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Two small dogs and a weekly food bill at 800 baht. What are you feeding them, foie gras?

3 small cans of Caesar Dog Food each day between them. it's between 35 and 40 Baht per can, so 7 days at 105 to 120 per day. You can do the maths. I am not going to be responsible for the lives and health of  two dependant dog's and then feed them <deleted>.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

What the hell are you feeding them. MY food bill does not come to Bht 800 a week !

see my answer below, or above.  If you are living on 800 Baht a week, you are not going to live very long my friend.