43 killed on first of '7 dangerous days'

rooster59

4 hours ago, saengd said:

"Vehicles involved in most accidents were motorcycles (80.08 per cent).”

That says it all for me.

Me too! I have been hit 4 times walking on the footpath in Bangkok by these filthy me first scum sucking morons and they aren't foreigners riding the motorbikes. So you know exactly who I'm talking without saying it!!!

No need to worry it's all in hand. Went to a road safety event last Thursday at Morchit lots of advice about seat belt wearing and not to drink which I'm sure will make all the difference. We got in a van after that as usual had all the seat belts tied up unusable!

Anyway, I was most impressed with the cartoon character lineup which i'm sure will prevent a few accidents! Concert was OK which is why most went, first act was a magician and that is probably what they need most.

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

7.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

There were 731,933 vehicles being called for inspection, with 158,453 persons being given tickets, mostly for not wearing a helmet and not having a valid driver’s licence.

"Here's a ticket, now carry-on with your journey!"  

Nothing changes here; no driving licence, no problem!  The police should be held responsible if any of these ticketed morons cause injury to anybody at a later date.  Somebody, somewhere, needs to stand-up and be counted for allowing the daily culling on the roads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Here's a ticket, now carry-on with your journey!"  

Nothing changes here; no driving licence, no problem!  The police should be held responsible if any of these ticketed morons cause injury to anybody at a later date.  Somebody, somewhere, needs to stand-up and be counted for allowing the daily culling on the roads.

Ive always found that strange get a ticket and your good to go, in the UK they take the vehicle off you, then pay to get it back within one week or it gets scrapped 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Ive always found that strange get a ticket and your good to go, in the UK they take the vehicle off you, then pay to get it back within one week or it gets scrapped 

I've been using the Uk roads since I was knee-high to a grasshopper, with 100% no-claims bonus.  Watching these morons on the roads every day raises my blood-pressure; mostly because I can do nothing about it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

No need to worry it's all in hand. Went to a road safety event last Thursday at Morchit lots of advice about seat belt wearing and not to drink which I'm sure will make all the difference. We got in a van after that as usual had all the seat belts tied up unusable!

Anyway, I was most impressed with the cartoon character lineup which i'm sure will prevent a few accidents! Concert was OK which is why most went, first act was a magician and that is probably what they need most.

11.jpeg

12.jpeg

7.jpeg

Wear your belt tight and you'll sleep good at night. 

since the vast majority of fatalities are on motor-bikes, why doesn't the govt just concentrate on that area of failure?

We come on here and (rightly) condemn Thai (car) driving habits, but we have nothing to say, no plans to put forward, about stopping the youthful bikers from being such total nincompoops.

23 minutes ago, blazes said:

since the vast majority of fatalities are on motor-bikes, why doesn't the govt just concentrate on that area of failure?

We come on here and (rightly) condemn Thai (car) driving habits, but we have nothing to say, no plans to put forward, about stopping the youthful bikers from being such total nincompoops.

You are right people do come on here and condemn/mock Thai drivers but plenty as been said on this forum about what the Government could do to improve the carnage. It would need a massive amount of money and will from the Government and the biggest problem are the Thai drivers and riders who are not bothered on improving driving standards anyway.

This 7 dangerous day theme is BS as it represents a distraction tactic not to focus on the real problem - thai driving on 365 days a year....

Same same strategy used by authorities for air pollution - like to tout one bad month of year when reality is 5 months....driving thru Petchaboon today and it is horrible...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

"No plans to put forward" there have been some good suggestions on here from a lot of folks about ways the slaughter on the roads could be improved, the number one suggestion is for the Police to start doing their jobs, hasn't happened yet, nor is their any sign of it happening in the future!

2 hours ago, jessicar said:

As i know the average dead rate is 68 a day.

So it seems to be safer when the roads are overfilled and most drivers are drunk.

Same every year! yet they keep releasing the numbers as if it is an improvement!

And the conclusion from all this wonderfully in depth research and statistical analysis??

Nothing will change.

I wonder if they think they are clever?

It's a lot easier to state factual record than form a coherent and meaningful plan to rectify the dire situation.

Until they introduce a meaningful driving test and proper enforcement of the rules, nothing will change.

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 2

whereas these figures are awful they are in fact slightly LOWER than on normal days. 

Lets also bear in mind that although EVERY YEAR the government has some similar safety campaign, the figures remain pretty much without significant change.

One must therefore conclude that whatever the authorities have been doing for the past 20 years or more DOES NOT WORK..

even though the numbers may be lower, it is very unlikely that ANY police or government measure has ever had any significant effect though. The "improvement" is far more likely to be a result of the nature of te traffic over the holiday period - e.g. commercial traffic, and people actually working.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Anon 

Edited by Airbagwill
  • Like 2