Road death toll jumps to 159 in first three days of safe driving campaign - RSOC maintains its concentration on drunk driving

webfact

We should blame the car manufacturers, you know, like we blame plastic companies for waste. Car companies have the tech to limit the speed cars can go, called 'governors'. Also, they know that tech to test the breath of drivers before starting cars exist but they don't implement it. Lane change warnings, automatic braking when too close to another car. Come down hard on manufacturers to join the fight.

21 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

In Thailand when getting your license you get it for life 

most other countries you need to apply every 5 years and e tested 

Do you think its time that rules change people tested point system lose of licenses point system

caught drink driving license taken away car impounded driver taken to Jail tested blood alcohol fines come on people how hard is it

Stop making life hard just for expats start looking in back yard    

Sorry, no one gets a license for life anymore. Thais and foreigners only get 5 years each time they renew.

• Like 1

Soft drugs NO vaping NO gambling NO playing darts without licence NO Smoking in your own house NO .Drinking the worst killer drug Alcohol BIG YES i don't get it ??? oh yes the government make loads of money from the sales. So carry on lets see record road deaths increase every year is fine !!   

159 death; thousands of relatives grieving, a further thousands will see an interruption of their days by attending funerals or interruption at work as not even in Thailand dead people show up at work - except as ghosts of course.

It is up to the authorities to put stringent fines and rules into place AND IMPLEMENT THEM while also educate Khon Thai the impact of booze. As I've been reading such headlines for the last 35 years here in the realm I came to conclusion, that the government purposely does NOT WANT TO CHANGE the carnage - purposely! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Taxi's can be the worst and I often wonder how any taxi driver can survive to be middle aged. 

I don’t know how any Thais with wheels live to be middle aged.

When I almost smash some bike going the wrong way on the highway with no lights on, it’s almost always some old as dirt man or woman. How did they live that long making such poor decisions? It’s amazing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I don’t know how any Thais with wheels live to be middle aged.

When I almost smash some bike going the wrong way on the highway with no lights on, it’s almost always some old as dirt man or woman. How did they live that long making such poor decisions? It’s amazing.

It's exactly the lack of just desserts that encourages them to continue doing what they're doing. Get away with being stupid 100 times. 101 times is bound to be OK right? People, even Thais manage their behaviour by their past experiences. Unless the 101st time results in their death of course...

Edited by ParkerN

The chain of reports and actions taken MUST go all the way.

If you have done the random breath testing and its positive.

● Driving under influence. 

● Check the license 

● Prosecution of the alcohol seller. 

● If no helmet then hit them for that.

● If no insurance hit them for that.

● If no registration hit them for that too.

● Prosecute the seller of the bike too.

● If underage prosecute the parents. 

It has to hurt the driver. 

Before they hurt, maim, or kill others and their families...

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

There will obviously be a lot fewer poor/dangerous drivers on the road next week.  

That is the Major issue.

There will not be fewer poor / dangerous Drivers on the Roads next week.

Obviously, Thais do not heed either the horrendous death Toll figures from every Holiday, or the  ( sound advice issued by the Relevant Gov,t Agencies. ...,. Sarc )

For some reason that I do not even begin to comprehend, these Lunatics just seem to pop out of the woodwork at every possible opportunity hell bent on wreaking as much Death and Destruction as possible, in as little time as possible.

They need to be taken off the Roads, and the Laws applied to keep them off the roads for long periods of time for any difference in these appalling figures to be measured.

• Like 1

I asked a blind Thai man  ... "Who can stop this road carnage?". He answered  ... "The Police".

I asked the same man  ... "Who can stop shops selling alcohol to underage motor cyclists" He answered  ... "The Police"

If a blind man can see the answer, why can't the Government?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I asked a blind Thai man  ... "Who can stop this road carnage?". He answered  ... "The Police".

I asked the same man  ... "Who can stop shops selling alcohol to underage motor cyclists" He answered  ... "The Police"

If a blind man can see the answer, why can't the Government?

I asked a deaf man those exact same questions and of course he didn't answer me.

• Like 2

"The Road Safety Operation Center (RSOC) is maintaining its concentration on screening for drunk driving"

Of course they are. They haven't actually got a clue what else to do. It didn't work last year, or the year before, perhaps it'll work this year. Or next year maybe, enough to call it a triumph, a victory..

Still, nice haircut.

Edited by ParkerN

17 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Drunk driving as usual the main cause of death and injury. Everyone caught drunk driving should initially have their vehicle confiscated, and the courts (NOT THE POLICE) should hand down as a minimum serious fines running into the thousands of baht with a prison sentence whenever an accident has been caused

Definately NOT the police!

• Like 2