I just got a plastic bag in 7/11

jackdd

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Your consumption of plastic bags and the amount of 'trash' you are producing is not normal.

Maybe you have a big hotel or homestay with all that rubbish and so many maids to be running about every day with all the trash?

My household has 4 people living in it, and a cleaning lady comes once a week.  We don't even fill up half a black bin bag.  Some weeks we don't even put the rubbish out for collection as we have so little.  Goodness knows where all your rubbish is coming from!

Are you really eating so many donuts and cappuccino's every day?  That's also can't be good for your health.  

yes, im aware the fookin cappu makes me fat,

and the cups do make up most of my waste.

to add insult to injury the cappu along with sigs

makes up an abnormal amount of my monthly expenses,

im drinking the cappu to create a crave for sigs

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

yes, im aware the fookin cappu makes me fat,

and the cups do make up most of my waste.

to add insult to injury the cappu along with sigs

makes up an abnormal amount of my monthly expenses,

im drinking the cappu to create a crave for sigs

Can you treat yourself to a personal cup / mug with a top on?  You could keep reusing it to get your coffee every day... and so there would be ZERO waste from the shop cappu cups?   You can buy really nice smart ones from the department stores these days... and many are insulated to keep you drink hot / cold too.  

4 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Can you treat yourself to a personal cup / mug with a top on?  You could keep reusing it to get your coffee every day... and so there would be ZERO waste from the shop cappu cups?   You can buy really nice smart ones from the department stores these days... and many are insulated to keep you drink hot / cold too.  

He's trolling.

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

the thing is: my maids dont do the washing of eating tools

5 minutes ago, cortez said:

buy more than four items and you can get a plastic bag. God bless 7/11

I bought more than 4 items this morning and still no bag. ???? Luckily I had one in my back pocket. They are supposed to offer you a bag when buying wet products, but I haven't figured out what that is. 

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I think even some 7/11 have those mugs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirocco said:

After my visit to the immigration service at BLUPORT this morning, I bought macaroons in a pastry shop.
I had a biodegradable bag (it says so) that looks like a plastic bag.
Nothing at the supermarket.????????????

"I had a biodegradable bag (it says so) that looks like a plastic bag."

It is a plastic bag,but biodegradable. Probably made out of corn starch. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i got too much injuries in my back to bend over

Oh, right.  

Just tell one of your maids, or wife, partner, family member, to rise the cup out for you.  If you are paying the maids they surely could not refuse to rise one cup?  If they do I suggest you fire them and get some normal ones that will do the washing up as well while they are at it!

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, jak2002003 said:

Your consumption of plastic bags and the amount of 'trash' you are producing is not normal.

Maybe you have a big hotel or homestay with all that rubbish and so many maids to be running about every day with all the trash?

My household has 4 people living in it, and a cleaning lady comes once a week.  We don't even fill up half a black bin bag.  Some weeks we don't even put the rubbish out for collection as we have so little.  Goodness knows where all your rubbish is coming from!

Are you really eating so many donuts and cappuccino's every day?  That's also can't be good for your health.  

How big is your "black bin bag"?

I have a trash bin in my kitchen,the type with a pedal. The size is about the same as the biggest Tesco Lotus plastic shopping bag. It normally takes 2-2,5 days to fill it. 

I tested a plastic bag and the biodegradable bag, (lighter flame) and indeed, the plastic burns after removing the flame and gives off a slight black smoke.
For organic, no consumption or black smoke after the flame has stopped.
I also read that granules of potatoes were used to make bags.
Should taste them.

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

At least, POST 97 has a lot of humor, without vulgarity.
It changes from all these grumpy people, these upstarts, these narcissists who spoil life by "trying" to take themselves seriously and who poison the lives of others.

it wasnt actually meant as humor for the most part,

i got chronical inflammation from all the pain

and cant use the muscles in my back,

i gave up the idea of cooking and any other work involving bending over, i buy fridges with a freezer below

so i wont have to bend over taking out whatever i want,

im very tall so nearly everything involves bending over

Edited by brokenbone

I find that the only problem s when I'm out socializing and on the way home decide to pop in somewhere to buy something. As I use public transport because I know I will be having a few drinks it is a blood y nuisance not having a bag.

Was at Tesco yesterday and bought more than the things I originally needed and left my canvas bag in my bike anyway. Fortunately Tesco now has plastic bags for sale for all the items I bought which were all wrapped in.... plastic.  

16 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I was offered a bag again this morning. The person in front also got their coffees in those plastic bags for cups. I can't see any real change so far. 

Same here, 7/11 staff still itching to give plastic bags to me.... i literally have to thrust my own bag into their face for them to use it! Then they laugh at me as if to say ting tong falang...... meanwhile a queue of locals behind me none of which have even bothered to bring a bag...... I am currently in Pattaya though! Says it all really.

On 1/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, whooshbang said:

Same here, 7/11 staff still itching to give plastic bags to me.... i literally have to thrust my own bag into their face for them to use it! Then they laugh at me as if to say ting tong falang...... meanwhile a queue of locals behind me none of which have even bothered to bring a bag...... I am currently in Pattaya though! Says it all really.

Outskirts of BKK no bags are given and always get smiles when I bring my own bag. I guess location makes a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 2:20 AM, jackdd said:

Of course i took it. I use them as trash bags, as probably most people do.

If i don't get the free plastic bags when shopping it means i have to buy trash bags.

This isn't better for the environment, only better for the profit of the companies. Which is the reason why they are trying to push it.

exactly

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

It want pushed by the companies. It was pushed by the government. None of them did it voluntarily. Sorry. 

What you say is wrong. The ban starts next year. The companies which started this year did so voluntarily.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

What you say is wrong. The ban starts next year. The companies which started this year did so voluntarily.

Not really.  It was a government initiative, conceived by the government, launched by the government, and they got the retailers on board.  Once they got the major ones signed up the others had no choice but to join or risk the PR disaster.  The outright ban on ALL plastic bags comes in next year so that will include fresh markets etc.

In no way was this dreamt up by the retailers to save money, it was brought about by government policy.