What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

9 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Mullet haired, gay, redneck, zoo keeper, documentary on Netflix.  Makes me embarrassed to be an American.  Entertaining for some.  Tiger King 

I've enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

It's a bizarre documentary.

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Mullet haired, gay, redneck, zoo keeper, documentary on Netflix.  Makes me embarrassed to be an American.  Entertaining for some.  Tiger King 

Brilliant. 

5 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Makes me embarrassed to be an American. 

Get used to it. Good documentary.

• Like 1

The Mysterious Murder Of Nipsey Hussle

BBC 3

Ben Zand sets out to unravel the mystery of Nipsey Hussle’s murder. On the 31st of March 2019, the rapper and entrepreneur was shot dead. Loved by his community, Nipsey was more than a rapper – he was an icon. But that’s what made his death so confusing, the man everyone loved and looked up to was shot at least 10 times on the very property he owned. 

Immediately, rumours started flowing. Who killed Nipsey Hussle? Who wanted him dead? Was it the police because of the message he was spreading? The government? Or an old gang dispute that had caught up with him?
In Los Angeles, Ben Zand meets those closest to Nipsey Hussle, and those who knew the alleged killer Eric Holder. He talks to childhood friends, new-age Black Panthers and a former police officer. They don’t all agree on the motive, but they do agree there is much more to the murder of Nipsey Hussle than the anyone is letting on.

DOCUMENTARY: Born to be Different
On: Channel 4   
Date: Thursday 26th March 2020

This is taken over some years into their adulthood ----2 parts

"Born to Be Different is a British documentary on Channel 4, which follows the life of six disabled children. Reviewing the show, Times Online commented with irony that "by the end of [it], we had sobered up entirely. A queasy feeling followed, of being pulled morally up and down and in and out until you didn't know whom you pitied or why."

• Thanks 1

I watched Triple Frontier last night .....   and I was pleasantly surprised. Much better than most movies without the swearing and sex scenes.

What a good movie about a group of men robbing millions of dollars from a wealthy drug dealer.

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

recently watched "call of the wild"  (Harrison Ford).2020

https://video.internetvideoarchive.net/video.mp4?cmd=6&fmt=4&customerid=442155&publishedid=463170&e=1585996412&videokbrate=1500&h=825ade9a525f555ff7c2e91a0392d868

This is best described as a good ol'fashioned family type movie, no violence, language, blood n guts etc, just wholesome family entertainment and a nice story.

If you are looking for something different to the norm these days, this is it, if you happen to be a dog lover, even better.

I really enjoyed it, as a nice change

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/the-call-of-the-wild

I remember the 1972 film, probably some on here will remember the 1935 one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last night I watched two movies (not a lot else to do!) and they were both very good in their own right...... 

The first one was called "Resistance" and IMO was very good and it wasn't until the very end that realisation hit and I realised who the hero was (no more as I will spoil it).

The second movie was an unusual movie called "Vivarium" but is well worth a watch because within it I could find a couple of reflections regarding "normal" life, as well as ............ don't want to give anything away here, but would recommend it because it's well acted, is an unusual take on certain aspects of our lives, and is just different!

• Thanks 1

New season of Friday Night Dinner comedy started.

Six part adaptation of Philip Roth's prescient novel The Plot Against America (an alternative WW2 era history about American fascism from a correctly paranoid Jewish perspective with obvious reflections on modern times). Third part starts tomorrow. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 9:33 PM, sanuk711 said:

DOCUMENTARY: Born to be Different
On: Channel 4   
Date: Thursday 26th March 2020

This is taken over some years into their adulthood ----2 parts

"Born to Be Different is a British documentary on Channel 4, which follows the life of six disabled children. Reviewing the show, Times Online commented with irony that "by the end of [it], we had sobered up entirely. A queasy feeling followed, of being pulled morally up and down and in and out until you didn't know whom you pitied or why."

For those interested in disability issues I would suggest CRIP CAMP. 

April Jones: The Interrogation Tapes

Got this one today from Lime.

Summary: The Interrogation Tapes, which includes recordings of Bridger's police interviews, which are being aired for the first time. The programme details April's disappearance, the investigation launched by Dyfed-Powys Police and Bridger's arrest.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-interviews-april-jones-killer-17974828

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The other day we watched Parasite - and we were both plesantly surpised - a very good Korean movie - no wonder it won the Academy Award.   Not to be confused with Parasyte (Japanese) released in 2014 which was at best OK, and very 'annoying' and silly at times.

Putin--A Russian Spy Story

The 2nd episode out today.....it really is gripping stuff,  you wouldn't be able to write a novel like this , people would think it was pure fantasy. The violence and corruption in Russia makes Narcos Mexico look like a Kindy .

On 3/28/2020 at 5:04 PM, evadgib said:

I'm not a great telly watcher these days, but I did enjoy this from the Beeb a few days ago:

(It's called 'The Man with the Iron Heart' but that isn't clear in this intl trailer)

This is the modern remake of Operation Daybreak....that one is great too.

about the assassination attempt on Rheinhardt Heydrich.

14 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Putin--A Russian Spy Story

The 2nd episode out today.....it really is gripping stuff,  you wouldn't be able to write a novel like this , people would think it was pure fantasy. The violence and corruption in Russia makes Narcos Mexico look like a Kindy .

where do you find it to DL

5 minutes ago, touch said:

where do you find it to DL

Yep, doesn't seem to be available at most of the usual places.

I think sanuk711 said it was available on Chao TV.

Will just wait for it to appear.