What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

13 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I tried to find this on my streaming apps & on Youtube (These kind of documentaries are normally free on there) but had no links, could you please give me a pointer as to where I can watch it. 

Whilst looking for it I did find a 4 part series called "Meltdown: The men who crashed the world", all 4 parts are on Youtube.

Also found a few more similar documentaries on IMDB that I'm going to check out https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=economic-crisis 

Try this Mike.... https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/specialseries/2019/06/men-stole-world-2008-financial-crisis-190611124411311.html 

Only available until June 20th apparently although it could probably be found via the doco maker's name.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xylophone said:

Try this Mike.... https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/specialseries/2019/06/men-stole-world-2008-financial-crisis-190611124411311.html 

Only available until June 20th apparently although it could probably be found via the doco maker's name.

Thank you sir, watched & enjoyed it ???? 

I didn't know that there was a site for all the Al Jazeera documentaries (The one I mentioned is from them as well).... 

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/, looks like I've just got a wealth of new documentaries to watch...

Thanks again 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

Dragons' Den Best Ever Pitches...BBC  24/May

If you watch Dragons den---this is a 6 part (6 weeks) compilation from 2005 to present time. Its very entertaining.

If you haven't watched it before--: entrepreneurs get three minutes to pitch their business ideas to five multi-millionaires who are willing to invest their own cash, time and expertise to kick-start the business. After the pitch the Dragons have the opportunity to ask questions about the venture. The entrepreneurs don't always have to answer, but of course, what they choose not to address could very well affect the outcome.

This is not a Trailer of the present show-- BBC have now stopped Youtube showing----its a trailer of an earlier series.

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Dragons' Den Best Ever Pitches...BBC  24/May

If you watch Dragons den---this is a 6 part (6 weeks) compilation from 2005 to present time. Its very entertaining.

If you haven't watched it before--: entrepreneurs get three minutes to pitch their business ideas to five multi-millionaires who are willing to invest their own cash, time and expertise to kick-start the business. After the pitch the Dragons have the opportunity to ask questions about the venture. The entrepreneurs don't always have to answer, but of course, what they choose not to address could very well affect the outcome.

This is not a Trailer of the present show-- BBC have now stopped Youtube showing----its a trailer of an earlier series.

You can tell a grim time is approaching - it will be be re-runs of dads army next.

Yer there bound to run out of live shows soon------some of the discussion shows I watch, are being done by Skype,  I don't know how the soaps are going, Coronation St , East Ender's etc ...as I don't follow them.

7 hours ago, recom273 said:

You can tell a grim time is approaching - it will be be re-runs of dads army next.

These are recommendations only not compulsory instructions....:sad:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Yer there bound to run out of live shows soon------some of the discussion shows I watch, are being done by Skype,  I don't know how the soaps are going, Coronation St , East Ender's etc ...as I don't follow them.

I'm hoping the last episode of Blacklist isn't a sign of the way things are going, the 1/2 computer generated 1/2 "Real Life" mix was painful to watch

15 hours ago, petermik said:

These are recommendations only not compulsory instructions....:sad:

It wasn’t a criticism of the posters taste, It’s an observation - You can see that even Thai TV is re-running soaps made a few years ago, understandably, releases from the UK and US will dry up and these compilations and reruns will continue. 

Edited by recom273

7 hours ago, recom273 said:

It wasn’t a criticism of the posters taste, It’s an observation - You can see that even Thai TV is re-running soaps made a few years ago, understandably, releases from the UK and US will dry up and these compilations and reruns will continue. 

Try Un Village Francais....7 series 12 episodes each english subs available...:thumbsup:

strictly recommendation only..not compulsory :clap2:

22 hours ago, worgeordie said:

City of Industry,   Harvey Keitel, Stephen Dorff, Timothy Hutton, 1997.

and older movie,but well worth a watch, jewelry heist gone wrong,

regards worgeordie

The 90s were the times for great crime movies.........I was in Oz up to about 96 (then moved here) seemed to be always something great on...Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance, fight Club.......... maybe I'm just jaded now.

Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich-------------- NetFlix The four-part documentary Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich will be available to watch on Netflix from Wednesday 27th May 2020.

Their firsthand accounts will be the focal point of Filthy Rich, a four part documentary series from director Lisa Bryant which will see survivors of Epstein share their stories, some for the very first time.....

contrary to some reports Prince Andrew will not be making a guest appearance.........................????????

Edited by sanuk711
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, faraday said:

Anyone know when The Bureau season 5 is coming to Netflix....?

Jeez

You're keen on this one mate.

It will be available on Sundance on 18 June so imagine Netflix will be around the same date.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Saw this one on YouTube the other day.

I'm a Brian Gittins fan.

Enjoyed this one.

Only 12 minutes long.

Summary: During the bleak winter of 2012, Brian Gittins was marooned in his remote cottage. Instead of wallowing in misery, he decided to build a robot.

A moving story !

• Like 1

I like Tom Hardy and was just thinking recently that many of his role portrayals are of a similar ilk and wondered if his talents stretched beyond those limits, so I got onto a film called, "Locke" and was very pleasantly surprised, more so because it is a movie based on one man in a particular situation and would appear to be a difficult role– – I won't go into more detail because it might spoil it.

So with that in mind I also watched "Legend" where he stars as the Kray brothers twins and also enjoyed that one.

Also uncovered a good movie called, "A Moment of Clarity" and although it wasn't outstanding, it was very enjoyable with a couple of twists in the plot.

Good viewing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the not for everyone department.

Dickinson, 10 part half hour series, has been renewed.

Spiritually accurate though intentionally not literally historically accurate (comedic use of modern slang, etc.)
The lesbian love story was real though and not artificially added.

Good for those interested in the poet Emily Dickinson, Amherst Massachusetts, civil war era America, etc.

Brilliant performance as Emily by Hailee Steinfeld.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Current situation with the lack of new movie releases is a good opportunity to re-visit some of the old favourites. Last night watched Panic Room (2002), what a good movie, no special effects, just good acting and a great plot.

• Like 2

Last week , two seasons, 8 episodes every day. The Conners

152804_0006.thumb.jpg.1611f1982635fee90ae15ac8d82f637e.jpg

First I do missed Barr but after a few episodes I got over her, they did a good job out making something without the main host.

Sara (Darlene) gets all the credits , I did like her anyways and she still has her 'black'.

Last night Total ReKall

total-rekall-01-864x467.jpg.ab7770a56aa765b0e1e45115530092cf.jpg

A good classic never gets old.