What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

The Wrong Missy (2020)

Disaster strikes when old mate texts the wrong girl an invite to an island resort. 

Haven’t laughed so much for a long time!

Won’t win an Oscar, but a perfect tonic to escape these dark times. 

Loved the Hawaiian location ???? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Binge watched White lines ....... about murder and drugs in Ibiza.

Lots and lots of attractive topless young women in almost every scene. 

New sci-fi just out Snowpiercer,

after the end of the world (new ice age) a train carries the last of the human survivors.

Caught most of "Snowpiercer" on Thai cable.

Bizarre film.

Alison Pill's scene in the nursery school especially memorable.

Then I found it was directed by Bong Joon Ho, whose "Parasite" (2019) won the Academy Award.

Edited by JimmyJ

Just now, JimmyJ said:

Caught most of "Snowpiercer" on Thai cable.

Bizarre film.

Then I found it was directed by Bong Joon Ho, whose "Parasite" (2019) won the Academy Award.

TV series from the movie ........ part 1 of 10 is out.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, Peter Denis said:

When the following 3 conditions are met, you can be fairly sure that you are on the 'real' 123 site:

1. When you are able to register (quick and painless process) while staying on the site and not being diverted to a site with another web-address when doing so;

2. When you click a movie of your choice and you are not diverted to a site with a different web-address;

3. Proof of the pudding > When you are able to stream a couple of popular movies of your choice.

The 123 site I am using ,no need to register,and never would use a site

that I had to register,yes there are lots of 123 sites most scam sites.

regards Worgeordie

31 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

The 123 site I am using ,no need to register,and never would use a site

that I had to register,yes there are lots of 123 sites most scam sites.

regards Worgeordie

Yes, you can also stream movies from the 123movies site without registering.

But as I wrote, it's a quick and painless process to register (you only need an e-mail address) and you can then log-in with your chosen Username:Password which will allow you to add Favorites when browsing the site, making it easy to link to these afterwards.

I mentioned the registering-option also as a kind of check that you are on the 'right site' because clicking on the LOG-IN option and then being diverted to another site is a tell-tale sign that you are on a scam-site.

Appeal Court: The End of the Line. ...BBC last night 18/

David Hayman narrates this revealing insider look into Scotland's criminal justice system in Edinburgh's Appeal Court. With unique access, the programme features a murder in Peebles, a hitmen killing in Glasgow and a 'Breaking Bad' style drug-dealing operation in Paisley.

IMDB......Youtube........not have yet

• Thanks 1

The Changin' Times of Ike White

Thought this one was really interesting.

Summary: Changin’ Times was an extraordinary album recorded inside prison. Ike White was a musical prodigy who was sentenced to life for murder at 19. The record was his ticket to freedom. But, on the cusp of stardom, he disappeared... this is his story.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, BritManToo said:

TV series from the movie ........ part 1 of 10 is out.

IIRC the movie was terrible... Is the series shaping up any better?

PS Finally got around to watching Mindhunter... Excellent stuff, I'm hooked 

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Changin' Times of Ike White

I was looking at that yesterday...........thought about download but passed...........there was something simuler that came out of the Sundance film festival   Searching for Sugar Man ....ie......Talented person makes smash hit album then disappears

"Searching for Sugar Man has received widespread critical acclaim. The film holds a 94% rating on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes"

36 minutes ago, steve187 said:

The spy, Based on the life of the Israeli spy, Eli Cohen

Watched that last year steve187---and yer Sacha Cohen plays a great part---after all the funny stuff he is known for, quite a change, & worth looking at.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

IIRC the movie was terrible... Is the series shaping up any better?

PS Finally got around to watching Mindhunter... Excellent stuff, I'm hooked 

Loved the movie - gave up on the TV show after 20 mins. Terrible.

On 5/18/2020 at 12:20 AM, JimmyJ said:

Thanks for posting this.

Writer/Director Corneliu Porumboiu was  a key part of the turn of the century Romanian New Wave.

"12:08 East of Bucharest"
(2006) is an excellent film.

The 2nd half is hysterically funny.

12:08 is the time when the Romanian revolution supposedly began which led to Ceaușescu's overthrow.

2009's "Police, Adjective" is a masterpiece, starring New Wave icon Dragos Bucur and co-starring the awesome Vlad Ivanoff ("Four Months, Three Weeks and Two Days", the greatest film of the Romanian New Wave).

Note - His film's move at their own pace. He is into real time, not cinema time.

Relax, go with it,  and don't let it bother you.

I wrote the above before viewing "The Whistlers".

It's not bad but Ivanoff plays a very restrained character -very different from the 2 films I referenced where he shows a lot of power in fairly short supporting roles.

Good to see Porumbiou directing again, after seemingly losing his mind with 2013's "When Evening Falls..." which was a total  mess.

I managed to find a 45 minute documentary entitled, "The men who stole the world" and watched it with a great deal of keenness, as it was about the market crash in 2007+, and if you have seen the movie, "The Big Short" (a superb movie in my opinion and true to form) then this is worth a watch as well.

It follows two or three actual people in the spotlight, and Richard Fuld, the CEO of Lehman Bros during the period prior to and after the big collapse and how he lied to the commission investigating the collapse and also focuses on the hundreds of millions of dollars he was able to "earn" from the securitisation and selling of bad housing loans.

It just brought home to me again how crooked the American system is, because all of the executives at the top got away with just about everything. More to the point was that the Republican government encouraged house purchasing by just about anybody and everybody (even if they didn't have any money) and allowed the banks to continue with what amounted to fraudulent lending, then fraudulent selling of useless loans.

The Obama government tried to rein this in with the Dodd Frank act to oversee the industry to prevent any more shenanigans like this, however the people in the know in this movie are basically saying that the same thing is happening again ever since that act has been revoked/reversed. 

Frightening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Not needed to sign up to Twitter, just open the link

I am not getting that Peter---I get them asking if I would allow for people to see my phone number...share data etc as below----maybe because I was a member ofTtwiter when it first kicked off, then left .......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review your current settings
Please take a moment to read and agree to your current selections.
Discoverability
Let others find you by your email address
Let others find you by your phone number
Personalization
Personalized ads
You will always see ads on Twitter based on your Twitter activity. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may further personalize ads from Twitter advertisers, on and off Twitter, by combining your Twitter activity with other online activity and information from our partners.
Learn more

Personalize based on your devices
Twitter will always personalize across the devices you’ve used to log in. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also link your Twitter account to your other devices — ones you’ve never used to log in to Twitter — to help measure and improve your experience.
Learn more

Personalize based on places you’ve been
Twitter always uses some information, like where you signed up and your current location, to help show you more relevant content. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also personalize your experience based on other places you’ve been.
Data
Share your data with Twitter’s business partners
This setting lets Twitter share non-public data, such as content you’ve seen and your interests, with certain business partners for uses like ads and brand marketing.
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I am not getting that Peter---I get them asking if I would allow for people to see my phone number...share data etc as below----maybe because I was a member ofTtwiter when it first kicked off, then left .......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review your current settings
Please take a moment to read and agree to your current selections.
Discoverability
Let others find you by your email address

Let others find you by your phone number

Personalization
Personalized ads
You will always see ads on Twitter based on your Twitter activity. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may further personalize ads from Twitter advertisers, on and off Twitter, by combining your Twitter activity with other online activity and information from our partners.
Learn more

Personalize based on your devices
Twitter will always personalize across the devices you’ve used to log in. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also link your Twitter account to your other devices — ones you’ve never used to log in to Twitter — to help measure and improve your experience.
Learn more

Personalize based on places you’ve been
Twitter always uses some information, like where you signed up and your current location, to help show you more relevant content. When this setting is enabled, Twitter may also personalize your experience based on other places you’ve been.

Data
Share your data with Twitter’s business partners
This setting lets Twitter share non-public data, such as content you’ve seen and your interests, with certain business partners for uses like ads and brand marketing.

The link works both on by phone and PC without log into Twitter. I too had Twitter awhile back and uninstalled from the phone. Sorry, no idea about your issue.

On 5/23/2020 at 5:16 PM, xylophone said:

I managed to find a 45 minute documentary entitled, "The men who stole the world" and watched it with a great deal of keenness, as it was about the market crash in 2007+, and if you have seen the movie, "The Big Short" (a superb movie in my opinion and true to form) then this is worth a watch as well.

It follows two or three actual people in the spotlight, and Richard Fuld, the CEO of Lehman Bros during the period prior to and after the big collapse and how he lied to the commission investigating the collapse and also focuses on the hundreds of millions of dollars he was able to "earn" from the securitisation and selling of bad housing loans.

It just brought home to me again how crooked the American system is, because all of the executives at the top got away with just about everything. More to the point was that the Republican government encouraged house purchasing by just about anybody and everybody (even if they didn't have any money) and allowed the banks to continue with what amounted to fraudulent lending, then fraudulent selling of useless loans.

The Obama government tried to rein this in with the Dodd Frank act to oversee the industry to prevent any more shenanigans like this, however the people in the know in this movie are basically saying that the same thing is happening again ever since that act has been revoked/reversed. 

Frightening.

I tried to find this on my streaming apps & on Youtube (These kind of documentaries are normally free on there) but had no links, could you please give me a pointer as to where I can watch it. 

Whilst looking for it I did find a 4 part series called "Meltdown: The men who crashed the world", all 4 parts are on Youtube.

Also found a few more similar documentaries on IMDB that I'm going to check out https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword/?keywords=economic-crisis 

Edited by Mike Teavee