Survey - Why do you wear a belt?

Crossy

Why do you wear a belt?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reminds me of a time going through the security x-ray at KL airport and the lady asked me to remove my belt and walk through the machine. By the time I got to the other end my pants were around my ankles and the security lady came forward and put her clipboard in front of me covering my undies.

I then asked them "why do you think I'm wearing it?"

• Haha 1

I never used to wear a belt with pants/jeans, now I have too as lost a little weight from around my waist for some reason, too cheap to buy new "pants" as wear so little, so wear a belt! 

• Like 1

Of more interest to me is have you found a belt that can take the vagaries of the climate here, I tend to wear the cloth belts with a metal clasp, every other belt I've tried just falls apart after a year or two. Cheap as chips but does the job.

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Unfortunately my days of wearing a belt are long gone, all shorts and long trousers have elasticated waists backed up with drawstrings, but at least I'm not bald and don't wear a Chang wife beater singlet ???? 

I'll go with the drawstrings. Elasticated waists just don't work long term. I've a bunch of this stuff, underwear I mean, which is destined for the dog kennel, as a bed for them. No doubt the dogs will get a lot of fun sniffing out the various aromas.

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

I find that my belts shrink over time and I have buy longer ones.

I recently had to ditch a nice leather belt I bought in Italy. It had survived 20 odd years and showed the (generally expanding) history of my waistline in the buckle wear marks. Sort of like those marks your mum put on the door frame as you grew, the ones you could never bear to paint over.

Madam finally decided enough was enough, the "real leather" one she got to replace it is struggling after less than a year ????

• Like 2

I chosed "Some other reason". Of course I use a belt, and I tell my wife and kids to put it on too, everytime we go with the car. I sincerely hope everybody wears a belt, and don´t come here with comments like: "The times when people wear belt are long gone". ????

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I chosed "Some other reason". Of course I use a belt, and I tell my wife and kids to put in on too, everytime we go with the car. I sincerely hope everybody wears a belt, and don´t come here with comments like: "The times when people wear belt are long gone". ????

There's always one to leap on a badly worded question...

I had to hunt for one that didn't feature Jimmy Saville (so you get Shaw Taylor from Police Five) - clunk click every trip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just last year I discovered that there is a trouser moth in my wardrobe , they eat the tops of trousers and jeans.  All my below the waist garments were 34 "  now they don't fit anymore .I went to my local walking street and bought a fine pair of trousers size 36" , they will fit .....soon.

Beware the Trouser Moth.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I wear one for cultural reasons. Most Thais would find the sight of my kecks rather offensive should the trousers go to half mast. 

That and the fact that Mrs R would kill me. 

Rooster

You mean she would 'castigate' you if your trousers fell down? I think I spelt that right.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

You mean she would 'castigate' you if your trousers fell down? I think I spelt that right.

I'm sure I saw Mrs Rooster at Talad Thai, she was buying ducks :whistling:

• Haha 2

Many whom I see today are beltless and the crotch is close to the knees. The rear of the underwear is in full view, the rear of the jeans below the underwear.

NOT a pretty site.

• Like 1

A bungee strap makes a good alternative to a belt for those with ever expanding waistlines .. and if you are extra portly use 2 .. They can also come in handy if a bit of bondage is up you're tree .. by which time you won't worry about yer kecks falling down .. probably 

IMG_20200102_063636.jpg

44 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

In a while the Americans will be along to tell us that spelt is a hardy wheat. 

Castigate is fine though I suggest it sounds too painful. Perhaps chastise might be kinder. 

Rooster