Best place to get bin bags and how much?

scubascuba3

1 hour ago, userabcd said:

Supermarkets are going to make a mint selling reusable bags, plastic bin bags and saving money now not having to provide plastic carry bags.

Yes not only that, today at Big C Extra, as people have their own bags staff are leaving the packing to customers

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I discovered you can fill a bin without a plastic bag liner.

When its full you carry the bin to your large garbage bin and dump it.

Go back home and give it a rinse - then repeat! 

Amazing

Yeah then the local soi dogs will be targeting the main bins, good idea

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Amazing

Rinsing a stinking bin just to save half a baht?  Go right ahead.  I'll spend the money if the bags aren't free any more.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes not only that, today at Big C Extra, as people have their own bags staff are leaving the packing to customers

oh that is a party stopper!!! 

- no longer have them throwing pineapples on top of soft  mangoes 

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can you take small rucksacks into Big C? i know at Makro which has airport type security they aren't allowed

Yeah, I have been fighting big c security for years, but it seems they are seeing sense. I saw quite a few people (Thai women) walking around with some big shopping bags on their arms. 

I only go to Big C once every 2-3 months, and buy a whole trolleys worth. we took some big IKEA bags which I carried, easily the size of an empty rucksack and nothing was said. 

There was a few pics on social media, people walking out of supermarkets with plastic buckets and fishing nets full of shopping. Seems like things are changing here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, I have been fighting big c security for years, but it seems they are seeing sense. I saw quite a few people (Thai women) walking around with some big shopping bags on their arms. 

I only go to Big C once every 2-3 months, and buy a whole trolleys worth. we took some big IKEA bags which I carried, easily the size of an empty rucksack and nothing was said. 

There was a few pics on social media, people walking out of supermarkets with plastic buckets and fishing nets full of shopping. Seems like things are changing here.

I would assume that Big C (and others) will be having a knee-jerk reaction to this new policy and there will be lots of new job opportunities as store security walking the aisles. Those entrusted with watching the store security cameras screens are going to start doing what they're paid to do.

As for personal shopping bags bags being allowed in Makro, maybe it depends on your location? The uniformed greeters at Udon Makro didn't permit it but I would assume that policy may have been relaxed now? I always brought my own bags anyway, folded up and tucked into my waistband at the back of my shorts and under my t-shirt and would transfer from cart to bag after leaving the store.

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Amazing

just dump it over the gate into the soi.... what the stray dogs dont get the cheap labour from LAOS will sweep it up, if not the 90yr old lady certainly one of the 10 children she has in tow will.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

As for personal shopping bags bags being allowed in Makro, maybe it depends on your location? The uniformed greeters at Udon Makro didn't permit it but I would assume that policy may have been relaxed now? I always brought my own bags anyway, folded up and tucked into my waistband at the back of my shorts and under my t-shirt and would transfer from cart to bag after leaving the store.

Have never shopped at Makro due to that (and in years past no children policy - talking taking children to buy what they like.  Not having bags made it impossible to use taxi service (which they seemed to discourage with no way to get a waiting taxi and long walks to streets).  Have shifted to mostly home ordering these days and interested to see what happens there as currently no bags request has still been bags is using supermarket normal motorcycle delivery service.

Edited by lopburi3

My wife brings bin liners back from her visits in Australia. They come in a roll so are very compact, easy to tear off, and not messy in storage. There is about 100 on the roll, enough for a year. They are super tough and come with tie corners. They are also lightly scented with eucalyptus. Cost is about 150 Baht, available in Coles or Woolworths, Australia.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Have never shopped at

I’ve stopped going there because policies as mentioned and you 

can’t pay with debit card (US bank) big enough company should be 

a little more customer oriented... IMO

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

My wife brings bin liners back from her visits in Australia. They come in a roll so are very compact, easy to tear off, and not messy in storage. There is about 100 on the roll, enough for a year. They are super tough and come with tie corners. They are also lightly scented with eucalyptus. Cost is about 150 Baht, available in Coles or Woolworths, Australia.

A 80 pack of garbage bags, 18x20, Champion brand with tie corners cost 69 baht at Tesco Lotus. 

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

No eucalyptus scent though. lol

1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

No eucalyptus scent though. lol

They sell scented bags as well. Maybe 10 different scents,but I don't know if the ones I mentioned are scented. I don't care,my old reused Tesco bags smell plastic. 

17 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

I’ve stopped going there because policies as mentioned and you 

can’t pay with debit card (US bank) big enough company should be 

a little more customer oriented... IMO

I'm sure the 'big enough company' will miss you and your children ????

Not

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Amazing

Along with the flies and maggots.