Comedian Rosie Jones shocks viewers with ‘disgusting’ and ‘totally inappropriate’ Greta Thunberg joke

snoop1130

The comedic element in this is that Greta has been attacked by the right wing and climate crisis denialists with sexist and ageist morality attacks. She should be in school. She's a rich girl and she lectures us. Attacks on her medical condition. Sometimes in at least sort of a comedic manner as from the U.S. president.

This comedian turned that on it's head. The trouble with Greta is she isn't a normal drug using sexually active teenager. There is humor in that but I'm not very impressed with the style of the delivery. I think different comedians could deliver similar material in a different way and get more laughs. But at this point Rosie Jones owns this joke.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The comedic element in this is that Greta has been attacked by the right wing and climate crisis denialists with sexist and ageist morality attacks. She should be in school. She's a rich girl and she lectures us. Attacks on her medical condition. Sometimes in at least sort of a comedic manner as from the U.S. president.

This comedian turned that on it's head. The trouble with Greta is she isn't a normal drug using sexually active teenager. There is humor in that but I'm not very impressed with the style of the delivery. I think different comedians could deliver similar material in a different way and get more laughs. But at this point Rosie Jones owns this joke.

Are you saying Greta has a medical condition?  I'm not getting that.  Whatever.  I'm not going to be her white knight.  Yeah she is only 16.  But she chose the limelight and her "how dare you" moment to the entire world kind of makes her open to counter attack.  

I must admit the whole idea of a comedienne that can't be understood or takes that long to deliver the punch lines eludes me.  And I LIKE Bristish humor.  

• Sad 1

Just now, jimmybcool said:

Are you saying Greta has a medical condition?  I'm not getting that.  Whatever.  I'm not going to be her white knight.  Yeah she is only 16.  But she chose the limelight and her "how dare you" moment to the entire world kind of makes her open to counter attack.  

I must admit the whole idea of a comedienne that can't be understood or takes that long to deliver the punch lines eludes me.  And I LIKE Bristish humor.  

Yes, she has aspergers. 

Greta Thunberg responds to Asperger's critics: 'It's a superpower'

This article is more than 3 months old

Teenage climate activist responds to criticism, saying ‘when haters go after your looks and differences ... you know you’re winning’

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/sep/02/greta-thunberg-responds-to-aspergers-critics-its-a-superpower

20 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

im not getting this joke at all,

and whats 'fingered' anyway ?

i also couldnt hear any sound in that clip

I don't get he joke either.  But I believe fingered means her first romance/boyfriend (or girlfriend this is the 20s) sticks their fingers in her to attempt to seduce her.  All part of the adolescent sexual exploration period.  

Why can't she do it all?

Seriously though, this is all about the creation of Greta as some kind of saint and salvador for humanity. A new virgin Mary.

The left would be laughing at the joke if the girl was representing a group they have less respect for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmybcool said:

I don't get he joke either.  But I believe fingered means her first romance/boyfriend (or girlfriend this is the 20s) sticks their fingers in her to attempt to seduce her.  All part of the adolescent sexual exploration period.  

ah, some kind of girl-wanking !

but she is almost guaranteed to do it better herself

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, jastheace said:
10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Lesbian from Yorkshire England. (snipped). Idiot.

and if she's from anywhere near Rotherham, she should know how bad taste the joke was. if someone made a joke about people with here condition(cerebral palsy i note has been mentioned) she would be up in arms i'm sure. eejit

or at least raise that same smelly finger to a different use 

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

The joke was : Instead of campaigning against climate change , she should be drinking alcohol and having other people putting their fingers into her vagina .

Dont all laugh at once 

You tell it so funny. Where can I catch your next set? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jimmybcool said:

Check out Frankie Boyle, Scottish guy.

• Like 1

Dont know who this comedian is, but like much of comedy, sarcasm, satire and irony, there is a truth beyond the obvious words.

Don't forget, Swift advocated for the Irish to eat their own babies. Outrage sometimes is the best way to attract attention to a subject. So maybe folks are saying, hey wait, what is this girl doing.

So with apologies to St. Greta, what in her life insulates her from being the target of barbs? What is "untrue" about the comdians statements, arent many teenage girls  out drinking and having sex at 16  instead of promoting herself as the symbol of a "movement"? What did you do at 16? Me, Im a dude, but I drank and had sex. I went to protests so I could smoke weed and pick up girls who thought that Che shirts were cool....to have sex.

Too many snowflakes, too much outrage. Its words dude. Words. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dont know who this comedian is, but like much of comedy, sarcasm, satire and irony, there is a truth beyond the obvious words.

Don't forget, Swift advocated for the Irish to eat their own babies. Outrage sometimes is the best way to attract attention to a subject. So maybe folks are saying, hey wait, what is this girl doing.

So with apologies to St. Greta, what in her life insulates her from being the target of barbs? What is "untrue" about the comdians statements, arent many teenage girls  out drinking and having sex at 16  instead of promoting herself as the symbol of a "movement"? What did you do at 16? Me, Im a dude, but I drank and had sex. I went to protests so I could smoke weed and pick up girls who thought that Che shirts were cool....to have sex.

Too many snowflakes, too much outrage. Its words dude. Words. 

If my memory serves me correctly, you did mention a daughter. Would you feel the same way about someone suggesting fingering her when she was 16?

11 hours ago, Chazar said:

Yeah <deleted> em too  many  bluddy  snowfalkes now  in the world,needs  a bluddy  good  war to show  them reality

Comedians always take the <deleted> out of people !  Its funny and thats their job, to make us laugh.  Its only a problem when people take it personally in this stupid "politically correct" world where you mustn't say anything bad about anyone cos it will hurt their feelings. Their is still millions of people at war and starving in poverty. This should be a greater issue to pay attention too. As for that idiot Greta she should shut up and learn something at school before getting political. Is the world supposed to listen to loud mouth kids now ? We have enough loud mouth adults that we ignore !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If my memory serves me correctly, you did mention a daughter. Would you feel the same way about someone suggesting fingering her when she was 16?

Difference. The brat was a private person. Ms Thunberg is not. If I can hold up a severed head of Donald Trump and call that comedy, so can I suggest that some holier than thou teenager indulge in teenage activities.

Fuurthermore, I dont read what this 2nd rate comic said as "suggesting someone" finger her. So I guess the answer is if someone walked up to me and suggested he wanted to finger her, Id probably call the cops. But thats not what we are talking about here, I commend you for your usual shallow analysis and hyperbolic points, thats why I love ya as a brother.....

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Difference. The brat was a private person. Ms Thunberg is not. If I can hold up a severed head of Donald Trump and call that comedy, so can I suggest that some holier than thou teenager indulge in teenage activities.

Fuurthermore, I dont read what this 2nd rate comic said as "suggesting someone" finger her. So I guess the answer is if someone walked up to me and suggested he wanted to finger her, Id probably call the cops. But thats not what we are talking about here, I commend you for your usual shallow analysis and hyperbolic points, thats why I love ya as a brother.....

I was as horny as a two-peckered owl in my teens; however, there were certain lines I wouldn't cross. You're saying anyone with celebrity status is fair game for any smutty so-called comedian/comedienne, no matter how young and vulnerable the subject may be, and I'm shallow? Yeah right.

Perhaps I'm too old, and belong to an age where there was respect for women - of any age.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps I'm too old, and belong to an age where there was respect for women - of any age.

I did my best to raise my brat like a dude, or at least to give her as many dude qualities as is possible to help her survive the upcoming apocalypse. Basically  teaching her to have a set of hairy bolshii balls. It Worked. Like I have said before, her only rules were not to get knocked up, not to lose her scholarship, and not to get arrested. Winner. My birds and bees talk was "dude,they are gonna lie to you to try to get down your pants, if YOU decide to fall for their bs, make sure its wrapped". 

I think there is a qualitiative difference between making smutty analogies to a celeb who just sings and dances, and a political celeb who uses her youth as a cudgel to shame folks into a Brave Green World that entails destruction of folks way of life and the concept of freedom..

Edited by Nyezhov