Video: Boy knocked down by car in housing estate - driver hands over 500 baht and leaves

webfact

Video: Boy knocked down by car in housing estate - driver hands over 500 baht and leaves

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: So who's in the wrong?

Sanook said that Thai netizens were commenting in droves after footage of a little boy being knocked down in a housing estate was posted on the internet. 

The poster was a relative of the boy. The boy was left with a cut lip and a leg injury. 

The car was being driven by a woman with a woman passenger. After the boy was knocked down they got out and the boy was given 500 baht. 

They then drove off. 

But after it was caught on CCTV the driver was confronted and agreed to pay compensation and hospital bills. The relative was still unhappy with this, however, posting that the woman should have owned up fully to what she had done in the first place. 

Netizens mostly railed at the driver wondering how she had failed to see the kid. 

But they also pointed the finger of blame at the boy's parents for not looking after him properly. 

The family subsequently came up with some convoluted excuses about a demanding infant needing milk formula thus distracting the person who should have been taking care of the boy. 

In the footage the boy seemed to have been larking about with others on a motorcycle, notes Thaivisa. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-03

2 hours ago, mike787 said:

Another example of normalcy here...i am numb to all of it now.  Just an everyday event.  Expect when you go near a road you will die, just life in the land of smiles.

No one died, the kid got a cut lip, bruised leg and 500 baht.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

a lot of you seemed to miss the point,  the kid was in the road, he wasnt no toddler, how about, *look where you are <deleted> going,* to the kid that is,  cars do not drive on the pavement,(well sometimes), i bet the family are going to pile it on now

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

No one died, the kid got a cut lip, bruised leg and 500 baht.

Your right, it’s no biggie....just a kid getting hit by a car and at least he made 500bht...I like the way you think.  I am over reacting.  No one died...happy new year to ya.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

How in the hell did the woman driving the car NOT see him? 

In several of the newer Toyota car models, small people sit so low, that they hardly can see over the dashboard and steering wheel.  We considered to buy a new Toyota, but as my wife is only 150cm we changed our minds after the test drive.

Edited by Xonax