PHOTOS: Shoppers come to terms with Thailand's ban on plastic bags

3 minutes ago, frequentatore said:

TV news: People taking home the shopping basket at 7-Eleven... "I'll return it later"!

Ive already seen motosais with shopping bags. Its free market time. When we were kids, we would mow lawns and carry groceries for pocket change. Expect to see folks with shopping bags at neighbohood groceries to bag and carry stuff home for a small fee.

look like shoplifter heaven to GoogleSpeakBoy  GoogleSpeakBoy want to go seven eleven with big suitcase right now five five five  don't worry GoogleSpeakBoy just make joke GoogleSpeakBoy not steal from store not have sticky fingers comma see question mark  protect environment job number one for everybody good for Thailand

Edited by Gecko123

On 1/3/2020 at 2:12 PM, 4MyEgo said:

It doesn't take much to get used to it.

When back in the home country a few months back we purchased 5 of those internally foiled canvas bags from Aldi for about 50 baht each, they last for years and it's better than plastic being burnt, especially when this village in the year 2020 doesn't have a weekly garbage collection disposal in place because people don't want to pay for such a service, next time I will remember to move to the adjoining village over the bridge about 400 metres up the road, they have one, but I think the move would be more expensive...lol

and then you buy plastic bags for your trash... what a great choice !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jimn said:

These people bringing a wheelbarrow and sacks shows they havn't got the brains to work out what they need to do

Or maybe they figured it's easier to wheel your groceries home than carry them. Hell some Sumerian figured that out 5000 years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

Or maybe they figured it's easier to wheel your groceries home than carry them. Hell some Sumerian figured that out 5000 years ago.

Ok next time I will place my bags in a wheelbarrow to wheel them to my car so I can place them in the boot. Then wonder how I can get my wheelbarrow in there as well with all the shopping. Lol. Enough said I think