Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

5 hours ago, Bill97 said:

90% of the rejections while others are successful are due to incorrect data input.  So try a new approach, stop blaming the system, figure out how to make it work, stop telling yourself you are doing it right and doing the same thing over and over and over, look for where you can do it differently and test.  10 to 1 you have been making an input error.

vpn off?

Look at your <deleted>. “90 percent rejections” and “10 to 1 “ reveals  you did not read my details nor have ANY factual info to substantiate your “data”. Just shut up

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bill97 said:

90% of the rejections while others are successful are due to incorrect data input.  So try a new approach, stop blaming the system, figure out how to make it work

Tried everything? Try typing your first name into the block called for. Yes, it's not a mandatory block -- and we've been advised to only fill in mandatory blocks -- but it might help.

Background: A few years back, on one of these online reporting threads, someone reported that his immigration office had advised to include his first name on his online report. I can't remember exactly the context of all of this, or whether or not this fixed his problem. But I decided that next time I did my online report, that I'd include my first name. Well, online report accepted, as usual. No way of telling whether or not the first name made any difference; probably not, as me and most others had never had problems with first name excluded.

But, the receipt now had "Mr first name last name jr suffix, when before it was just "last name, jr (male)." So, apparently, the first name completed some algorithm in their program, 'tho this was not -- and is not -- required for the MAJORITY of online reporters.

Who knows? Funky, quirky software program maybe needs funky replies. What was behind the advice to include his first name?

Anyway, if you've tried everything else, what's to lose?

Good luck.

Edited by JimGant
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jeffandgop said:

Look at your <deleted>. “90 percent rejections” and “10 to 1 “ reveals  you did not read my details nor have ANY factual info to substantiate your “data”. Just shut up

So you got it to work and do not want to admit your previous error.????????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jeffandgop said:

Last Wednesday Clive responded that Promenada does process 90 days...

But this was the question.

"Does Promenada also do extensions, or is that only at the main location near the airport?"

• Thanks 1

"Always expect the unexpected"...Did  my latest 90 report at the Prom this week..and now appears that you have to Provide your GPS house location on the TM47.. Not a problem since khun wife has a new smart 5 g and with the immigration officers assistance quickly located it on google. Only needed said TM and passport... "in and out" in a couple of minutes. Always find Prom so easy...parking...update BB books/accounts...coffee in Chi Ching...look into "lin-ping" buy some electrical stuff in Mr DIY... quiet and unrushed...nice..

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 1:56 PM, jeffandgop said:

OMG. I just missed that completely. Thx for correcting my  error

Prom only does 90 Reports ..Extensions are from /processed at Airport Immigration. I asked the guys last year and they confirmed said...

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:26 PM, Rinrada said:

"Always expect the unexpected"...Did  my latest 90 report at the Prom this week..and now appears that you have to Provide your GPS house location on the TM47.. Not a problem since khun wife has a new smart 5 g and with the immigration officers assistance quickly located it on google. Only needed said TM and passport... "in and out" in a couple of minutes. Always find Prom so easy...parking...update BB books/accounts...coffee in Chi Ching...look into "lin-ping" buy some electrical stuff in Mr DIY... quiet and unrushed...nice..

Armed with that GPS heads up, I prepared the TM47 for the Prom 90 day report, and recorded the coord on the back for my use so  if I was asked for it I would then write it on the front. The falang at the door checked my TM47, said I needed to write my house coord on the form and I told him it was on the back side.  He gave me a que no. and I walked in.  No other visitors were there.  The intern behind the 90 day desk took my passport and TM47, never looking at the back of the form nor asking me to write the coord on the TM47.  She processed my report and returned my passport with the new 90 day slip.....out the door....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, stament said:

Out of interest do the 90 day reporting stamps specify the location of the immigration office checking you, i.e. Airport or Promenada?

They sure do and if you get a Prominada stamp with the number 17 anywhere in the authorization code you get a free order of chilie fries at Dukes any Wednesday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2021 at 7:37 AM, Dante99 said:

They sure do and if you get a Prominada stamp with the number 17 anywhere in the authorization code you get a free order of chilie fries at Dukes any Wednesday.

"Chilie" ???? what language would that be I wonder? ???? 

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding Non-imm O Extension renewal, have there been any quirky extra requirements lately?

AFAIK, documents required are:-

TM7

Photo

Passport - 1 copy all relevant pages, signed

TM6 copy

TM30 copy

Bank book (updated) and copy of past 12 month entries

Bank letter

Thanks in advance for any extra info.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:31 AM, jeffandgop said:

Armed with that GPS heads up, I prepared the TM47 for the Prom 90 day report, and recorded the coord on the back for my use so  if I was asked for it I would then write it on the front. The falang at the door checked my TM47, said I needed to write my house coord on the form and I told him it was on the back side.  He gave me a que no. and I walked in.  No other visitors were there.  The intern behind the 90 day desk took my passport and TM47, never looking at the back of the form nor asking me to write the coord on the TM47.  She processed my report and returned my passport with the new 90 day slip.....out the door....

I was there just a few hours ago. One of the two IO's sitting just outside the entrance and checking my passport and form, asked for my GPS Coordinates and pointed to a sign on the wall.  I don't know why, but I blurted out I don't have them (I did).  She said I could find them on my phone. But, before I could get my phone out of my pocket the second I0 had looked them up on her phone and wrote it on top of my form.  Perhaps because there was no waiting.  In and out in a few minutes.  Also they told me online reporting should be fixed in two days, and I was also told I could get a residence certificate there at Promenada. He asked if I needed it quickly because it involved a procedure and would take about 2 weeks.  "Do you want to do it now"?  I said no thanks, I was just checking today.  No problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

1. Hire an agent

2. Provide the above ONLY

Less than 1000 THB a month, includes all 90 day reports

No Brainer

Complete waste of money old mate!!!!  You have no brain(urr).  555

I was in and out in 90 minutes, all done, easy as.  And if the online system gets up again I'll continue 90 days online, easy peasy, otherwise a drive-thru whilst passing the airport is a minor diversion in my busy retirement schedule.

I did first marriage extension at CM office last week (not first ever, just first here). Had read a lot of horror stories about the CM office but also that it was no longer jammed as before. So reviewed requirements and went in before just to check that there were no office specific requirements we weren’t used to. Tried to go early on the day (no appointment) but long drive there and closest bank (at Airport mall) not opening until late morning delayed us. Submitted everything in the late morning and was told to return in the afternoon. So went to lunch. Came back, and they were processing each applicant before us in about 20 to 30 minutes for each one. Finally our turn after a 90 minute wait, and finished with under consideration stamp in 10 minutes. Staff were friendly and helpful, apologized for processing time (said computer was down).

Notes: Yes, bank update needs to be same day as application

Precheck outside quite good, people there are foreigners on a volunteer visa who all work for the same ‘foundation’.thought that was interesting but didn’t ask them about it.

Since this was our first application at present address we are now waiting for a home visit (supposed to be within two weeks) and need to be here until that is done. Then back to the office after a month to complete.

One gentleman came in for first time after changing his retirement visa from income to bank method and was told he needed to have his paperwork from previous application, which he didn’t have.

All in all, not so hard, if you have a translator or speak Thai, should be no need for an agent.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, McTavish said:

Regarding Non-imm O Extension renewal, have there been any quirky extra requirements lately?

AFAIK, documents required are:-

TM7

Photo

Passport - 1 copy all relevant pages, signed

TM6 copy

TM30 copy

Bank book (updated) and copy of past 12 month entries

Bank letter

Thanks in advance for any extra info.

Arrived 8 am at C/Mai Immgr Dept, to morning,for renewal of  my Non O retirement visa, and left  with my Stamp before  10 am.

Excellent friendly helpful service provided by Farung worker,s at front door which continued inside, by all Immgr Officers processing my application.

Please note no further additional information  needed  to the list above, and from my experience , absoulately no need for any Visa Agent, to renew a Non O Retirement, visa   in my view a waste of good Baht, better spent elswhere.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, deej said:

Arrived 8 am at C/Mai Immgr Dept, to morning,for renewal of  my Non O retirement visa, and left  with my Stamp before  10 am.

Excellent friendly helpful service provided by Farung worker,s at front door which continued inside, by all Immgr Officers processing my application.

Please note no further additional information  needed  to the list above, and from my experience , absoulately no need for any Visa Agent, to renew a Non O Retirement, visa   in my view a waste of good Baht, better spent elswhere.

I wholeheartedly concur with your assessment and also found the renewal expeditious.

• Like 1