Why is my information being sent to many other websites whenever I click on anything on TVF?

thaibeachlovers

I have noticed that when ever I click on anything on TVF a small box at bottom of screen says that my data is being transferred to many different websites that I have nothing to do with, such as facebook and google. This is taking many minutes sometimes and stops me doing normal activities such as quoting posts. What is going on?

I have also noticed that the speed of TVF has fallen dramatically in the past week or so. Anyone else noticed this?

This is on a new computer on which TVF was working perfectly just a fortnight ago.

There is a two page thread here about issues since Friday with no real response - although management did have to advise unable to publish newsletter on time in a general announcement but no indication it was related to slow server response.

Edited by lopburi3

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

There is a two page thread here above issues since Friday with no real response - although management did have to advise unable to publish newsletter on time in a general announcement but no indication it was related to slow server response.

I don't have to reload the pages. It just sometimes takes too long to be able to quote on some threads so I give up and go on a different thread.

Whatever the cause, it's very erratic. It can be working perfectly one minute and rubbish the next.

• Like 1

This is probably connected with the issue raised by the OP.

Sometimes there is a post (with an answer), that is nowhere to be found going through the history of the thread on TVF. Must have been "imported" from some other forum.

As those zillion of forums seem to be interconnected, I am afraid to comment on the "hostess-scene" in Thailand as my post may find it's way to the forum of "The Rabbit Breeders Association of Yorkshire".

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have noticed that when ever I click on anything on TVF a small box at bottom of screen says that my data is being transferred to many different websites that I have nothing to do with, such as facebook and google. This is taking many minutes sometimes and stops me doing normal activities such as quoting posts. What is going on?

I have also noticed that the speed of TVF has fallen dramatically in the past week or so. Anyone else noticed this?

This is on a new computer on which TVF was working perfectly just a fortnight ago.

Well, this is part of the surveillance of consumers...in order to record their behaviour/clicks/browsing history, what they're interested in, and then serve them ads based on what they click on. If you purchase grapes of wrath on amazon, dont be surprised if you see a little ad offering you 5 quid off some plonk at Sainsbury's. Infuriating...but that's how the system works. There are ways to skirt this nonsense tho....

• Haha 1