Ukrainian Boeing 737 with at least 170 aboard crashes in Iran

webfact

55 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

And by the way how is your shares in Boeing going? After they found another fault ?

Their shares are rising now. I don’t post links here ever. Not needed. Just check any stock site now. 

Edited by alex8912

16 minutes ago, impulse said:

Rather than speculating, I'm just proposing that there are a lot of possibilities.  Given the state of alert at the time, I can imagine there may have been some stealthy aircraft (manned or drones) over Iran that we'd never hear about.  And there are many entities that could have benefited by blaming Iran for a shoot down.  Add the uncertainty about the identity and actual nationalities of the passengers and crew, we will probably never know for sure what happened.

Russians for sure

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, candide said:

I am quite unsure about this case. On the one hand Trump says Iranians did it, which may be a lie as usual. On the other hand, the Iranians want to keep the black box, and that suggest they may have done it.

The Irtanians won't hand the Black Box over to the US. Nor will Boeing be allowed on site. Hardly surprising is it?

Edited by DannyCarlton

UPDATE:

Iran most likely downed Ukraine airliner with missiles, U.S. officials believe

By David Shepardson and Mark Hosenball

2020-01-09T191925Z_15_LYNXMPEG081B9_RTROPTP_4_IRAN-CRASH-CANADA.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Debris of a plane belonging to Ukraine International Airlines, that crashed after taking off from Iran's Imam Khomeini airport, is seen on the outskirts of Tehran, Iran January 8, 2020. Nazanin Tabatabaee/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government believes Iran accidentally shot down a Ukraine airliner that crashed in Iran, killing all 176 people aboard, three U.S. officials told Reuters on Thursday.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1142541-iran-most-likely-downed-ukraine-airliner-with-missiles-us-officials-believe/

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

FILE PHOTO: Debris of a plane belonging to Ukraine International Airlines, that crashed after taking off from Iran's Imam Khomeini airport, is seen on the outskirts of Tehran, Iran January 8, 2020. Nazanin Tabatabaee/WANA (West Asia News Agency) via REUTERS/File Photo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government believes Iran accidentally shot down a Ukraine airliner that crashed in Iran, killing all 176 people aboard, three U.S. officials told Reuters on Thursday.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1142541-iran-most-likely-downed-ukraine-airliner-with-missiles-us-officials-believe/

Let's spin to to say that Donald Trump as responsible for the plane being shot down.. Where would those passengers be today if he had not ordered to drone strike on Soleimani?  Most likely they would have arrived at their final destination  and not have their body parts strewn across the ground outside of Tehran!  This is the kind of chaos  that his rhetoric and actions cause.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, wayned said:

Let's spin to to say that Donald Trump as responsible for the plane being shot down.. Where would those passengers be today if he had not ordered to drone strike on Soleimani?  Most likely they would have arrived at their final destination  and not have their body parts strewn across the ground outside of Tehran!  This is the kind of chaos  that his rhetoric and actions cause.

Lets just  go the whole  hog and  blame their imaginary  gods, if  he/she /it/zhe/ hadnt invented  us  we  wouldnt  have been here to do this ......so its  gods  fault

• Haha 1

Frankly, I feel all governments are more than capable of deceit so the likelihood of us ever knowing the truth is remote at best. It's an easy trap to feel hatred for another country but in truth, most people are just like us, everyday Joe's busy trying to look after their families and putting food on the table. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

UPDATE:

Quite telling that these are not the air investigation experts claiming this.

It could easily be correct, but the source is suspect.

1 hour ago, wayned said:

Spinning a little too far here spin master. While I dislike POTUS intensely, trying to blame the shootdown on him is convoluted buffelepuckery of the first order.

It appears the Iranians thought this was a response to their missile strikes, that they had just launched. How many Iranian Canadians were on board?! Killing there on people. Sad. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Spinning a little too far here spin master. While I dislike POTUS intensely, trying to blame the shootdown on him is convoluted buffelepuckery of the first order.

It appears the Iranians thought this was a response to their missile strikes, that they had just launched. How many Iranian Canadians were on board?! Killing there on people. Sad. 

I was only spinning it and that's wherer it stopped, collaterial damage to the Soleimani assassination.

43 minutes ago, wayned said:

I was only spinning it and that's wherer it stopped, collaterial damage to the Soleimani assassination.

Actually it is collateral damage to the attempt to retaliate. When you try to kill people out of revenge you can't claim it was the wrong person as a defense. Many drive by shootings in America are like that. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GalaxyMan said:

Especially one flying anywhere near an Iranian anti-aircraft battery!!!

The 737 is one of if not the plane with the best safety record in modern history. It pretty much takes a missile to take it down. The max on the other hand not so much. 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Quite telling that these are not the air investigation experts claiming this.

It could easily be correct, but the source is suspect.

the 'Five Eyes' intelligence community have identified as an Iranian missile  strike, but at this stage a mistake by shooting down a civilian aircraft. IMO makes sense.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wayned said:

Good job enabling others not to take responsibility for their actions.  The world needs more of that.  ????

Iran's stumbling and bumbling are directly responsible.  Sadly, the only victims of their sabre-rattling missile attack seem to be their own citizens and others on the plane.  They are welcome to spar with the United States, once they prove they can pull a gun from their hip without shooting themselves in the foot.  ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

The 737 is one of if not the plane with the best safety record in modern history. It pretty much takes a missile to take it down. The max on the other hand not so much. 

I actually crash landed one twice in the same day.  Thankfully it was in the Boeing simulator in Washington.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wayned said:

So in the end, it's all due to 20 years of Soleimani's extreme international terrorism and the person that put him in power and supported him. Supreme leader Khamenei.

Image result for Khamenei soleimani
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2020 at 12:28 PM, Crossy said:

It's on fire in the air, perhaps hit by a missile? 

My condolences to the deceased and a lot of strength to the families and friends. RIP. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wayned said:

I actually crash landed one twice in the same day.  Thankfully it was in the Boeing simulator in Washington.

I also crash landed twice on a plane carrier in the Indian ocean. Fortunately it was in a flight simulator of the US Army. 

Ah an honest mistake, I hate it when that happens, cleaning up the pieces of passenger jets from my backyard after I accidentally downed them with a ground-to-air missile is a chore.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Ah an honest mistake, I hate it when that happens, cleaning up the pieces of passenger jets from my backyard after I accidentally downed them with a ground-to-air missile is a chore.

Yeah I agree. Attempted murder charges mixed with manslaughter and terrorism is a complete drag, It's almost like people aren't willing to forgive and forget.

• Like 1