Is 800k Still Required ?

I got a proof of income affidavit from the US Embassy on Dec 31, 2018 which I then used for a new extension of stay based on retirement. I was then out of the country for a few months and will have to do my first 90 day report in February. Do I still need to have 800k in the bank even though I used the letter as proof of income? Thanks.

I did the math, I assume from obtaining the letter from your embassy your renewal is in January or Feb of this year 2020?

US Embassy no longer provide the letter therefore you need 800,000 baht in the bank 2 months prior to applying again if you haven't done that you are out of luck?

If you plan to use income you need 12 months of deposits into a Thai bank 65,000 baht a month showing from offshore. If you don't again you are out of luck?

My answer is different than Sheryl, unless you got the date wrong as to when you got the letter you stated 2018!  That should be correct since the embassy stop issuing letter in 2019 it is currently 2020.

Edited by thailand49
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Gtto said:

I was then out of the country for a few months and will have to do my first 90 day report in February

Unless you were out of the country for something like 8  months, it would seem that you missed a 90 day report or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I did the math, I assume from obtaining the letter from your embassy your renewal is in January or Feb of this year 2020?

Not sure what math you used, but if he got the letter at the end of 2018, he should have been able to use it up to six months into 2019 and I believe some offices were accepting it later than that. So his 2020 renewal could be as late as June or maybe even later.

23 hours ago, Gtto said:

I was then out of the country for a few months and will have to do my first 90 day report in February.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

Unless you were out of the country for something like 8  months, it would seem that you missed a 90 day report or two.

This one does seem a bit odd, depending on what a few month means and whether he meant a cumulative "few month" in total from several trips out and in  that kept him from being in Thailand for a total of 90 days ... until next month.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Gtto

Your affidavit can only be used for the year 2019 extension.

For year 2020 extension anymore, you can't use that letter anymore. You need to have 800k for at least two months or do a 12-month monthly transfer.

Edited by EricTh

On 1/8/2020 at 9:07 PM, Gtto said:

I was then out of the country for a few months and will have to do my first 90 day report in February. Do I still need to have 800k in the bank even though I used the letter as proof of income?

I think he was asking about having the 800k baht in the bank even though he did his extension based upon income.

• Like 1

Exactly, I renewed earlier than the expiration of my previous extension so I am good until June of 2020. I was out of the country for a little over 4 months. Left in July and came back in November of 2019. First 90 day report coming up. My question is not in regard to yearly renewal but 90 day reporting. I wasn't sure if they want to see a bank statement very time you report. Sorry it took me so long to answer. I have checked the "receive notifications" box but I never get any.