Wanted: Reward for arrest of armed gold shop robber tops 600,000 baht

rooster59

Wanted: Reward for arrest of armed gold shop robber tops 600,000 baht

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYwMS84MDA2Mzk4L2dvbGQuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

A reward of 600,000 baht is now on offer for information leading to the arrest of a man who killed three and seriously injured four in a shocking robbery at the Aurora Gold Shop in a store in Lopburi on Thursday.

The man fired off shots from a gun with silencer at customers then vaulted the counter before stealing gold valued at more than 500,000 baht. 

The severity of the robbery has prompted widespread reaction from the provincial Lopburi police, muang district police and surrounding jurisdictions. 

Checkpoints were in place as the man and his motorcycle were being sought. 

National police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda called for the immediate apprehension of the robber. 

Investigations concentrated on the man's unusual shoes and weapon. The shoes were deemed not to be combat shoes after footprints on the counter were examined. 

The provenance of such a gun was being closely scrutinized. 

RTP deputy spokesman Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said that 26 and a half baht weight of jewelry was stolen. 

Aurora Design Co Ltd have expressed their sincere condolences to the victims and their families and said they are helping out and cooperating fully with the inquiry. 

They added 100,000 to the reward being offered that Drama Addict on Facebook said now topped 600,000 baht. 

Pol Col Krissana said that the robber found face the death penalty or life imprisonment when caught.

Sources: Sanook and Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-11
  • Like 2

It is disgusting.  Believe it or not they do have real cops here who care and will find this guy I bet.

One thing here that does surprise me is the openness of these stores.

Millions of b of gold just sitting out on counters and in glass cases.

The organized gangs in the US would have a field day here.

They call them smash and grab robbers.

Anyway, I hope they are able to put out more info to the public I for one would be keeping my eyes open.  And would give 100% of that reward to the families of the victims.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

One thing here that does surprise me is the openness of these stores.

Millions of b of gold just sitting out on counters and in glass cases.

I questioned that 30 some years ago when I first worked here, I was told that Thai's never committed violent crime as they were Buddhist! It was obviously true back then!

Times have changed :shock1:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CGW said:

Unfortunately so true.

These open gold shops are now mostly seen in malls only.

Others often have iron/metal grids.

How long will it take and they will have to hide behind bulletproof glass?

Same for banks. Still having lots of money in drawers.

Edited by KhunBENQ

49 minutes ago, CGW said:

I questioned that 30 some years ago when I first worked here, I was told that Thai's never committed violent crime as they were Buddhist! It was obviously true back then!

So true, years ago had a guide from my hotel driving me around bangkok, Ayuthya , ect . Parked the car near ChayoPrya river to go on river cruise. I had a bunch of stuff I bought at places in backseat of his car. I told him "hey you didn't lock the doors"  he said no problem nobody take  and they didn't. I told him if back in USA the packages and maybe even car be gone.

Now with fewer sexpats and less income they take to robbery/asaults.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Good to see the high reward. This guy will be caught/killed soon.

This insane killer is most probably a crackhead and will end up with a smashed head. 

They may find him because of the silencer... these devices are not easily accessible. 

The one who sold it to him should come forward before the whole police force come knocking at his door... 

The person who did this tragic crime needs to be hunted down like the mad dog he is

This little boy and the other victim's  were just out enjoying there day

Your I cant say what I want too no one but no one has a right to take a life and I say and Eye for and Eye Theirs no hiding you will be taken down and no not life in Prison or Jail Death Penalty is what is needed here send a message that no longer is this expectable.

Laws need to reflect the severity of the crime no a slap on the wrist and then go off and be a good boy or girl  

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

I seriously doubt the guy has ever been on a plane or even has a passport...very few Thais have a passport...probably hiding out at mommy’s house...

his issue will be if he is smart enough in unloading the jewelry w/o being caught....a friend will give him up to gain the reward...

I don't know why you would make such a statement that "very few Thais have a passport..." That is simply not true.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

For 600k ?? They'd squeal for a tenth of that 

They only do what they want to do for money. What use is collecting 600k when his buddies might show up and blast their whole family? You already see how he gets down!!!

• Confused 1