UK's Queen Elizabeth calls Prince Harry for crisis meeting

rooster59

1 hour ago, superal said:

Friction caused by Megan's popularity which annoyed Catherine and led to the brothers split . Megan & Harry are and will remain the two most popular members of the royal family . 

Is Andrew in the clear yet ? R/F diminishing  

TVF so lucky to have a confident as a poster who can tell us this! ????

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, superal said:

I think you will find most Brits are of a mixed European race somewhere down the line as proved by DNA with the exception being some of the Welsh . 

The last English king of England was Harold. Since then we've had French, Welsh, Scots, Dutch, Germans, and maybe others I've forgotten.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

The last English king of England was Harold. Since then we've had French, Welsh, Scots, Dutch, Germans, and maybe others I've forgotten.

Dane (Knut) - predates Harald Godwinson so that's not looking good.

Edited by mokwit

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

A bunch of inbred German carpetbaggers. Good riddance to the lot of them.

The Queen's half Scottish for starters. Prince Philip's father was a member of the Greek and Danish Royal families.

Complicated isn't it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The Queen's half Scottish for starters. Prince Philip's father was a member of the Greek and Danish Royal families.

Complicated isn't it?

Kaiser Wilhelm was Queen Victoria's Grandson. Albert was a Kraut, Mountbatten was really von Battenberg.

Edited by mokwit

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The meeting on Monday will be the first time the senior royals have met in person to discuss the concerns raised by Harry and Meghan.

Let´s hope Harry stands up for his wife and children and also make it the last. Let him be free if that is his wish. I totally fail to see where there would be any crisis.

• Like 1

History repeats.... a second scarlet woman from the states, ensnares a royal and destroys his nobility. Funnily, only a few months ago, Americans were all agog at having joined the royalty..... oops.... y’all are ruiners.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

TVF so lucky to have a confident as a poster who can tell us this! ????

I know! These ‘insiders’ are all blaming the woman for this. 

These blokes probably can’t imagine an equal partnership, or god forbid, or consider that Harry saw that marrying an outsider with her own money meant that he had a way out of the firm and life which he pretty clearly despises (and now is surplus to requirements). 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jany123 said:

History repeats.... a second scarlet woman from the states, ensnares a royal and destroys his nobility. Funnily, only a few months ago, Americans were all agog at having joined the royalty..... oops.... y’all are ruiners.

Yet they're glued to the telly whenever new series of the Crown, Downton Abby etc are screened. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Yet they're glued to the telly whenever new series of the Crown, Downton Abby etc are screened. 

Avid readers of Hello! Magazine as well. How they must gossip at the hair salon when getting their perms.

• Haha 2

Maybe it's worth asking here.... why does Britain really need any royals or royal family in the first place?

Yes, I know it's history and custom and tradition. But in today's world, what real purpose do they serve in modern Britain, other than probably being a huge collective expense to the country.

You've got a Prime Minister, as such, and a Parliament, as such...  What else do you need?

36 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Tourist attraction.

Here's a thought - open up Buckingham Palace for AirBnB - they've got plenty of rooms. The park behind looks lovely. And the Queen can meet and greet in the morning with tea and crumpets. This would go a long way to covering their expense to the British taxpayer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Maybe it's worth asking here.... why does Britain really need any royals or royal family in the first place?

Yes, I know it's history and custom and tradition. But in today's world, what real purpose do they serve in modern Britain, other than probably being a huge collective expense to the country.

You've got a Prime Minister, as such, and a Parliament, as such...  What else do you need?

Tourists bring in a lot of brass. Also needed to for countries like australia to approve governor general etc.