Video: Brake failure! Official puts his life on the line to save "four on a bike" family in Krabi

webfact

Video: Brake failure! Official puts his life on the line to save "four on a bike" family in Krabi

10pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai social media was full of praise for an official in Krabi who put his own life on the line to help a family on a motorcycle. 

The official had heard the driver scream that his brakes were not working as he came hurtling down a hill in the southern Thai province on the way to a Children's Day fair in Muang district. 

Posting helmet-cam footage Thanawat Trateng said he tried to grab the handlebars. 

It was better for him to step in and try to stop them there than to let them continue down the hill and face worse injury, he said. 

On the bike were a man and a woman apparently with their daughter and young son. 

77kaoded said that many netizens were sharing the footage and story and were praising the quick thinking and selfless actions of the official who was also slightly injured as a result. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-13

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If the officials had carried out their work preventing accidents, this wouldn't have happened in the first place. A ridiculous thought, of course.

I am sure they'd have found a way! Accidents is something they are very good at!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:
1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

4 up, no helmets, and defective bike,

So what?

They're all still alive and well, aren't they.

Back to it today when doing their school run. 

You forgot  STUPIDITY.

Overloaded, The bike has probably never been serviced so worn brake pads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

I don't hear anyone on the bike screaming until some "idiot" jumps in front of the bike causing everyone to fall off and hurt themself ! :crazy:

That "idiot" was standing in front of a barrier.

There would have been an accident one way or the other.

You didn't hear anyone screaming because he probably froze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

"77kaoded said that many netizens were sharing the footage and story and were praising the quick thinking and selfless actions of the official who was also slightly injured as a result"

and what about the stupidity of the rider ?

4 up, no helmets, and defective bike, no wonder the death and injury toll is so high here.

Life and death is closer to each other. In our countries we live longer but have to pay the price by obeying tedious regulations about drivers licenses, vehicle inspections and dealing with the police which is enforcing it all. Surely, the higher risks here are annoying but I also enjoy the relative freedom.

Given the as cynical as can be expected commentary (with a few exceptions), surely all TV posters service their bikes and cars timely at a Dealers', wear proper Safety helmets, protective suits, sturdy shoes and gloves, don't drink/smoke and drive, do not cross double lines ever and indicate when changing lanes.

I say to the Traffic Warden: 
WELL DONE !

Edited by KKr

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Given the as cynical as can be expected commentary (with a few exceptions), surely all TV posters service their bikes and cars timely at a Dealers', wear proper Safety helmets, protective suits, sturdy shoes and gloves, don't drink/smoke and drive, do not cross double lines ever and indicate when changing lanes.

I say to the Traffic Warden: 
WELL DONE !

Well said. It reminded me to put some brake fluid in the CBR.

Rooster

• Haha 1

My questions are:

1. Did he have a valid bike licence?

2. Was he fined for not wearing a helmet?

3. Was he fined for riding an overloaded bike?

4. Did they check his MOT as they stated the driver had brake failure?

5. Will the driver learn from his mistake?

Personally I unlike the policeman, I would not put my life on the line for such idiocracy. Maybe next time and there will be, he will be not so lucky.

15 minutes ago, curious297 said:

Personally I unlike the policeman, I would not put my life on the line for such idiocracy. Maybe next time and there will be, he will be not so lucky.

Idiocracy? Was it uncle too's family on the bike?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Brake failure! Official puts his life on the line to save "four on a bike" family in Krab

So what's the government going to do about all this .Put them in jail 4 on a bike no helmets and a Non roadworthy bike. absolutely a Government stuff up for not enforcing all the road rules 24/7/365

7 hours ago, No1 said:

Life and death is closer to each other. In our countries we live longer but have to pay the price by obeying tedious regulations about drivers licenses, vehicle inspections and dealing with the police which is enforcing it all. Surely, the higher risks here are annoying but I also enjoy the relative freedom.

I got no problems with your relative freedom to kill yourself whatsoever, as long as you don't take anyone else with you, especially innocent children...????

Edited by mickey rat