Bar Girl Alcoholic; Pros and Cons

atyclb

33 minutes ago, atyclb said:

imo it's just the principle of being charged for an alcohol drink and not getting one

You're drinking in a bar with a bar girl, presumably with a view of cajoling her into your bed with a fee involved, and you're talking about principle? IMO you were behind the door when a sense of irony was being distributed.

• Haha 1

S

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A lot of Thai ladies appear to be dangerous psychopaths.

But generally the violence seems to contain an element of escalation, move on at the first sign of violence with no warning you're leaving works best for me. I can't believe the beating you recieved was the first incidence of violence she showed towards you. As for occupation, the schoolteacher gf appears to me to be every bit as potentially dangerous as the bar girl gf.

Strangely, there was no indication of physical violence at any time until that night. A lot of extended verbal attacks on my supposed unfaithfulness was the cause of the lock out. I guess in her twisted paranoid mind this proof positive there was another or several other women involved. Odd I was alone but I guess that means nothing to a crazed bg.

• Like 1

Pro's:

They are usually absolute hose beasts in the sack.

They are comparatively cheap drunks.

They don't touch any of my high-end liquor (see cheap drunks above)

They tend to eventually pass out.

They have some real hotties for pals that you can get a crack at (see they eventually pass out above)

Con's:

None that readily spring to mind.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You're drinking in a bar with a bar girl, presumably with a view of cajoling her into your bed with a fee involved, and you're talking about principle? IMO you were behind the door when a sense of irony was being distributed.

Usually they're trying to cajole me into bed, and pay them a fee.

I stopped making approaches about 9 years back, me sitting in plain sight seems invitation enough.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I stopped making approaches about 9 years back, me sitting in plain sight seems invitation enough.

Ah, but you are hansum man. We ugly f****rs have to work harder.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Exactly, especially now as tourism is obviously flagging. A chang sleeveless vest, a beer belly and no hair makes no difference if you've got 2000 in your wallet, they'll be all over you like flies on the proverbial turd.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

So unbelievably boring. Hanging out with alcoholics is mind numbingly painful. Why would anyone do it voluntarily? Life is just too short!

Life's definitely far too short to be tee-total.

7 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Life's definitely far too short to be tee-total.

Totally missing the point. Drinking occasionally can be fun. Anything in moderation is fine. It is the daily grind of the thing that is horrific. Most alcoholics have no idea how obnoxious they are. Life is about choices. And some wise people choose a bit of personal discipline. Others fly by the seat of their pants and spinning out of control and destroying the lives of people around them, means nothing to them. No thanks. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

Yeah but it's not nice clearing their sick up

Agreed. That's why I draw the line at gently holding her hair back while she hurls in the dunny.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Personally, I found that tucking my impressively large thingmie back in my shorts made them lose interest.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Exactly, especially now as tourism is obviously flagging. A chang sleeveless vest, a beer belly and no hair makes no difference if you've got 2000 in your wallet, they'll be all over you like flies on the proverbial turd.

2000? Hah-loy's enough. More than enough actually.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

So unbelievably boring. Hanging out with alcoholics is mind numbingly painful. Why would anyone do it voluntarily? Life is just too short!

No, no no... you're doing it wrong. You don't hang out with them while their getting soaked. You do your own thing, then drop by and reap the aforementioned benefits after they've cracked a bottle or 10 and have started passing out.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:
5 hours ago, atyclb said:

imo it's just the principle of being charged for an alcohol drink and not getting one

regardless 

6 hours ago, SteveK said:

I got into a small bit of trouble once, well nothing serious, but the bar staff made it quite clear that I was not welcome. Many years ago (yes I should have known better), I had been buying "vodka and orange" drinks for some of the girls in the bar. Tasted one - no vodka. Complained about it and it was apparent that the girls did not want vodka, but the bar was very happy to charge me for it. I had figured out their scam! Ended up spending several hundred baht on a few hundred millilitres of awful orange juice and making myself persona non-grata from a girly bar. Lesson learned

Are lady drinks not all one price regardless of alcoholic content?

Not really a scam as they (the girls) got what they enter and you were happy to pay.

6 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

You think she doesn't take it up the bum? How do you know customers don't pay her enough to do it? Or do it to her when she's passed out drunk? If she's a drunk, ANYTHING could happen to her and she wouldn't remember.

I think if someone put something largish in that area, I would think something

was amiss when I woke up, regardless of how much I drank.

10 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Agreed. That's why I draw the line at gently holding her hair back while she hurls in the dunny.

Personally, I found that tucking my impressively large thingmie back in my shorts made them lose interest.

2000? Hah-loy's enough. More than enough actually.

No, no no... you're doing it wrong. You don't hang out with them while their getting soaked. You do your own thing, then drop by and reap the aforementioned benefits after they've cracked a bottle or 10 and have started passing out.

You lost me on that one. I realize there is the concept of "easy", but drunk people bore me to no end. Just not my thing on any level. I prefer the clarity of someone who knows when to say "enough" drink for now. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

why would hanging out with you be interesting and exciting?

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

A lot of Thai ladies appear to be dangerous psychopaths.

But generally their violence seems to contain an element of escalation and pushing the envelope. I learned very quickly to move on at the first sign of violence with no advance warning of leaving. I can't believe the beating you received was the first incidence of violence she showed towards you. As for occupation, the schoolteacher gf appears to me to be every bit as potentially dangerous as the bar girl gf.

noticed in nightclubs where a lot of tourists go the security checks the girls are always checked, bags searched. reality is there is exists an element of criminality in a % of them.  in thai clubs routinely seen security ejecting females

Edited by atyclb

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Pro's:

They are usually absolute hose beasts in the sack.

They are comparatively cheap drunks.

They don't touch any of my high-end liquor (see cheap drunks above)

They tend to eventually pass out.

They have some real hotties for pals that you can get a crack at (see they eventually pass out above)

Con's:

None that readily spring to mind.

not sure if its a "pro" but having someone to curse out (in thai) taxi drivers not wanting to use meter

9 hours ago, shy coconut said:
15 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

You think she doesn't take it up the bum? How do you know customers don't pay her enough to do it? Or do it to her when she's passed out drunk? If she's a drunk, ANYTHING could happen to her and she wouldn't remember.

I think if someone put something largish in that area, I would think something

was amiss when I woke up, regardless of how much I drank.

most likely you have only had the small to medium-ish sizes

The beating I received was vicious beyond belief, wholly unexpected & out of character. Sure there had been extended verbal attacks which is why I had asked to leave. Deliberately targeting an already neurologicaly damaged head was way beyond the pale. I'm still having difficulty walking & it's six weeks on. I guess she thought if I can't have you I'll screw you up so badly no one else will either. 

Edited by Seagull Sam
Clarity

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
6 hours ago, atyclb said:

why would hanging out with you be interesting and exciting?

Just another lame and empty reply, not deserving of any real thought or reflection. Next time, try harder.

since you made a broad attack on alcoholics i posed that question.  i was hoping you would say something like "witty and full of personality" . oh well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Just another lame and empty reply, not deserving of any real thought or reflection. Next time, try harder.

You mean as opposed to an entire thread decidacted to sex tourism an touching on such important points as non consensual  anal with passed out prostitutes?

Stay classy thaivisa.

• Haha 1

been studying a bit on the effects of alcohol and it seems even the nicest people can become notoriously unreliable, lying, selfish, manipulative

so you may ask how are these traits any different from a standard bar girl?

well the alcohol makes them lose touch with their own emotions, a disconnect.  alcohol can can this effect on anyone, regardless of socioeconomic status or high education or no education.  alcoholism, an equal opportunity employer.

it really hammers women with small stature body size and women in general due to the body water distribution.

a wise poster wrote "Pretty woman syndrome, White knight syndrome,"

i know too well how strong alcohol is, huge denial. i have tried to explain some things in a non condemning way, a non judgemental way.

like "alcohol changes the way we think, can hurt us(people), and in some cases is not our friend.

i have observed a significant change/deterioration in function and personality over the last month.

funny how one poster said she will break everything in your condo. already broke an induction cooktop but actually was apologetic and gave me 1000 baht on the spot, about the cost to replace it.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 20.02.55.png

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I believe being drunk brings out a persons true nature. Some are mild mannered when sober. When they get drunk, they become nasty and obnoxious. Some are kind hearted, and when they get drunk they become even kinder and very funny. Sobriety sometimes masks the real person inside. Some people are ok to be around when they have had a few too many drinks. Some are no fun at all. So, when the original poster mentioned a choice, I would say why on earth would I deliberately choose to be around a drunk bar girl? Other than the most obvious, which you are likely to get anyway. After all, this is not America, thankfully. 

i largely agree with you but i have known some very lovely people before alcoholism set in and seen unimaginable behaviours. there is lots of variation and not much set in stone except that over time they will deteriorate, mentally and physically as they progress through the stages of alcoholism. i saw my former wifer deteriorate and although my attempts to help her ended up futile. because of her i read a few books about addiction, also some mind boggling stuff. i had chats with psychiatry colleagues, one of which was a recovering alcoholic and knew damn well the dynamics better than i ever did with my training just learning how to do detox and ER management of drunks.

i have heard many many stories from recovering alcoholics about insane things they did, actuall mind boggling stuff. i too do not like the company of any obnoxious drunk

• Thanks 1