I'm not feeling the love anymore.

WineOh

On 1/14/2020 at 4:20 AM, Liverpoolfan said:

there is no love anywhere.

Plenty of love for rent on Thai Friendly or Tinder short time and long time. 

People smile and laugh with me all the time as I try to speak thai or just smile and laugh with them.  

It is an attitude thing about 90% of the time. I still get good thai meals for 50 or 60 baht. 

Crazy thing in Pattaya and most cities in general, Thai people think cramming more tourists each year into the same space is a good thing/progress.  Thais need promote new destinations for tourists IMO

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

Can you clarify something for me? Thai bashing is against forum rules but farang bashing is “well said”?

Foreigners are "guests" in the Kingdom of Thailand. You made a choice to live here, Thais did not.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

would you say the same to a person of foreign origin in the UK (or wherever you from). stop using this reverse nationalism, it's getting on my nerves. Nobody has the right to a country just cos they are born there. The world is everybodys in equal measure.

Exactly nobody chooses where they are born. 

But immigrants *do* choose their country. 

I respect them for that undoubtedly difficult choice.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, steven100 said:

Vietnam seems ok ....  does one need to do 90 day reports there  ?

is it difficult to stay there long term  ??  thanks.

Saw something on the internet that getting a one year visa for Vietnam is easy, but you will have to do border runs every 30 days if I understood it correctly. Haven’t researched any further but thought I’d mention it.

• Thanks 1

Things have certainly changed in Thailand, that cannot be disputed. However, never forget that you have changed, too. What you once enjoyed has become tedious. As others have said, a change of routine can help. Getting out of the country for a week or two if you can may help too. Or, you may have to leave. I had to. Bangkok was wearing me down and I was pretty unhappy. I got a new job in Japan and am loving life again. Get away for a bit and see how you feel about Thailand. You may miss it or never go back.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

No idea mate, ive heard a few people talking about vietnam but im not sold either. Ive been a few times and they are just as bad (if not worse) than here for ripping foreigners off. gotta be better places than here to live though

Bought a place in Danang beautiful city cheap beer pretty girls good weather and heaps of potential .I on a 3 month tourist visa 50$ multiple entry but you can get 1 year business visa through a agent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davemos said:

Bought a place in Danang beautiful city cheap beer pretty girls good weather and heaps of potential .I on a 3 month tourist visa 50$ multiple entry but you can get 1 year business visa through a agent.

You forgot to mention the beach!

IMG_20190704_122208.jpg

On 1/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, BritManToo said:

It's great for a holiday, just came back from Saigon.

Beer and cannabis cheap, girls expensive but very pretty.

I think you've got to leave the country every 90 days if you stay there long time.

If you're in Saigon, a bus trip to Phnom Penh is a lot of fun.

From my direct experience the bus trip may be fun but the city sure ain't! I have no plans to ever visit phnom Penh again. Dirty, noisy, expensive, dangerous. I never felt at ease. Worst experience I have ever  had with bar girls too. 

VN is OK, generally comparable to the Kingdom overall. Visa process is easier. I got a one year visa before I left USA for $200. That was 3 years ago but don't think it's changed. 

I found the women harder to find and meet and the catholic church influence too prevalent to suit me. I did enjoy a few weeks in Da Lat though. 

Beer is certainly cheaper! 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Sorry, I'm a good Catholic, that's the one gift I can never buy you", She said "No problem, I'm a Catholic too, let's go back to your room now".

Im going to try that in The Thermae ????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im going to try that in The Thermae ????

Off topic,

It's one of my most effective 'pickup' lines (even though I never mean it to be).

Had a girl come back to my room unexpectedly while on holiday in the Philippines (I thought we were just friends).

So 10 seconds after the door was closed she was naked (I really was surprised), and asked if I had a condom. Feeling a bit rushed, I said "sorry I can't,  I'm a Catholic" She immediately jumped on top of me and said, "Me too, and the kid will definitely be yours". She subsequently moved in with me for the entire week, she was a great girl, not as pretty as I would usually choose, but a lot of fun.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never had a problem in Saigon, last week must have had offers every day just walking along the street.

Was physically dragged into massage shops twice by perfect 10s, had to tell them I had no money to escape.

Had a beer in a bar one afternoon, and a girl was on me in 10 seconds, even closed the bar door for more 'privacy'.

Last year, the waitress in my local restaurant was all over me every time I went in, the pals I was with thought it was hilarious. Finally she asked me to buy her a gift, 'I want condom' she whispered in my ear, I replied, "Sorry, I'm a good Catholic, that's the one gift I can never buy you", She said "No problem, I'm a Catholic too, let's go back to your room now".

What sort of woman are you trying to meet in Vietnam?

Not bar girls. I guess they are easy everywhere by necessity. But I get your point.

I didn't care for HCMC any more than I do Bangkok, NYC, London, etc. 

To each his own I suppose. 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2020 at 4:33 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

No idea mate, ive heard a few people talking about vietnam but im not sold either. Ive been a few times and they are just as bad (if not worse) than here for ripping foreigners off. gotta be better places than here to live though

Those people who have told you that Vietnam is worse at ripping off foreigners than Thailand are correct. I tried living in Vietnam twice, and left angrier the second time than the first. May I suggest Cambodia. It really takes some getting used to, and you're not going to have the same level of convenience as Thailand, but there is enough here to live a very good life, and the people are so much friendlier than Thais. Leave the Siamese Racists behind.

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

It's one of my most effective 'pickup' lines (even though I never mean it to be).

Had a girl come back to my room unexpectedly while on holiday in the Philippines (I thought we were just friends).

So 10 seconds after the door was closed she was naked (I really was surprised), and asked if I had a condom. Feeling a bit rushed, I said "sorry I can't,  I'm a Catholic" She immediately jumped on top of me and said, "Me too, and the kid will definitely be yours". She subsequently moved in with me for the entire week, she was a great girl, not as pretty as I would usually choose, but a lot of fun.

Well hell dude, now tell me how much fun Im gonna have in Cambo next week!

On 1/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, BritManToo said:

It's great for a holiday, just came back from Saigon.

Beer and cannabis cheap, girls expensive but very pretty.

I think you've got to leave the country every 90 days if you stay there long time.

If you're in Saigon, a bus trip to Phnom Penh is a lot of fun.

leaving thailand every 90 days, for a break-- is a great idea, otherwise it does get boring...

cambodia is too filthy for my liking, but there are many other countries, close to thailand--cheap flights and under 4 hrs away..

I  think that is the problem with all the negativity on thai visa, from expats---they get so bored--there is not much mental stimulation in thailand...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, murraynz said:

cambodia is too filthy for my liking, but there are many other countries, close to thailand--cheap flights and under 4 hrs away..

I love Cambodia, but no direct flights from CNX and I'm too lazy to do connecting flights any more.

Never noticed it's any dirtier than Thailand.

(went twice last year)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 1/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, steven100 said:

Vietnam seems ok ....  does one need to do 90 day reports there  ?

is it difficult to stay there long term  ??  thanks.

To my knowledge, there is no other country that treats their expats like criminals by doing these ridiculous

90 day reports.

• Like 1

I read your downhearted comments but completely disagree with you. I may not live in Pattaya or Bangkok but live between Ang Thong and Singburi. Honestly wherever we go (I have a Thai wife of over 20 years) we are greeted, with smiles, courtesy, friendly looks and never have a problem anywhere over the years. Much is about personal attitude and if you smile and are pleasant and interested in the people who serve you or do a task for you then you will get a good response.

Sounds like to outlook and attitude has changed. If you go out with a look on your face like many of the foreigners I see here then you will not get a good response. Often I am dismayed by the attitude shown to others by people from Farangs!!

Why don't you cheer up and in turn cheer up those around you instead of waiting for them to cheer you up!! 

4 minutes ago, Hotrudester said:

Honestly wherever we go (I have a Thai wife of over 20 years) we are greeted, with smiles, courtesy, friendly looks

What if your wife isn't with you?

'We are greeted', might only mean 'she is greeted'.

Edited by BritManToo

On 1/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, Liverpoolfan said:

Thais bash foreigners all the time mate. who says we cant bash them back?

That's not really true in my experience, the majority of Thais do have a low mentality, but the does not make them Farang bashers, any Thai I meet in my small town is always pleasant, and I have never seen any sign of hostility towards me, and I have been here nearly 14 years.

I will say however, that the majority of them are not fit to drive vehicles or ride motorbikes.

• Haha 1