Two questions regarding extention based on retirement

i STILL did not apply for an extention based on retirement (non O visa), and i am glad i did not,

as every few days i learn about another requirement, and i guess how frustrating it would be

to go all the way to the immigration office with all documents ready, just to discover

that another paper is missing.

this time i learned that i must come to the application with a rental aggreement, and that the

period must be no less than 3 months, and that hotel addresses are not accepted

and also the property owner better be thai or foreigner with work permit.

so my question is: seriously? is that really neccasary? also in bangkok immigration?

and the second question is: is it neccasary to show that the source of funds comes from abroad, also

when renewing a retirement visa extention? for example, i i got the first extention, and a year later

i add funds to the thai bank account to the required 800K baht, does this addition also need

to be from overseas??? OR CAN I DEPOSIT CASH?

AND one last pazzle: the requirements list states that all documents regarding the bank letters must be

prepared and signed by the bank ON THE SAME DAY OF THE APPLICATION...( Documents under 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3

must be issued and updated to be the same date of the Application )...HOW on earth is that possible?

must i go to the bank to prepare all those documents and than run quickly to chaeng wattana immigration office, before

the day is gone?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i STILL did not apply for an extention based on retirement (non O visa)...

Are you saying that you entered Thailand with a non-O visa and received permission to stay for 90 days?

27 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Are you saying that you entered Thailand with a non-O visa and received permission to stay for 90 days?

no, i am saying that i intend to enter thailand with a 30 days visa waiver and than apply for the non-O and later for the extention.

obviously if i had the non-O visa i would'nt be asking all those questions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

period must be no less than 3 months, and that hotel addresses are not accepted

and also the property owner better be thai or foreigner with work permit.

??? Now this is getting out of hand.  I have many long term hotels in mind where I would be staying and planning to get long term rate.  3 months I could do for a lease/agreement.  Assuming they give me such paperwork.  I don't sign anything long term anywhere as I have many living situations change in my life so I don't commit much.  But really now not accepting hotel for living?  What is left?  Condos or house rentals?  Trying to force foreigners to buy units?  Buy house but of course can't buy land?  What is going on?

• Like 1

I applied for my 1 year extension at CW last October. I got the bank letter from Kasikorn on Saturday and applied for my extension on Monday. I updated my bank book and made copies downstairs while I waited for my queue number to be called. All very easy.

That October extension was my second extension at CW and I have never been asked to prove that the 800k came from abroad.

I should add that I arrived on an O-A visa in 2017. I got an additional 9 months permission to stay on that visa due to a trip to Cambodia during the first year. I had had my 800k deposited for at least a year before applying for my first 1 year extension. 

Edited by Martyp

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

Now this is getting out of hand.  I have many long term hotels in mind where I would be staying and planning to get long term rate.  3 months I could do for a lease/agreement. 

Not sure where he is getting info from. There is no requirement for a 3 month lease agreement.

The reason for them being strict about proof you are living in Bangkok is to prevent people from being able to travel to Bangkok to apply for the non immigrant visa there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i think the "bank letter" includes a confirmation in thai language that the 800K came from abroad

No. The letter for the 800k method just states that you have an account and states the account balance at the time of the letter. I have to do a same day bank book update to confirm that the balance hasn’t dipped below the requirement. People typically prove that money was transferred from abroad by the wire transfer coding on their Thai bank statement. People using the monthly income method get a different bank letter verifying foreign origin and monthly transfer amounts and dates. I’ve read of some people using their Transferwise paper trail to prove foreign origin. I’ve never seen anyone prove foreign origin using ATM receipts.

Also, for years now, I have transferred money from Bank of America to Kasikorn and the transfer code is always a domestic transfer because it gets to my account through an intermediary Thai bank. I have over two years of transfers specifically coded as domestic transfers not foreign.

To prove my address I get an affidavit from the US Consulate in Bangkok. It’s just a blank affidavit form. I write a single sentence stating my address. The Consulate  notarizes it and that is what I bring along with my other extension documents. You might try that. I bring my rental agreement with me but I’ve never been asked to show it.

Edited by Martyp

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

??? Now this is getting out of hand.  I have many long term hotels in mind where I would be staying and planning to get long term rate.  3 months I could do for a lease/agreement.  Assuming they give me such paperwork.  I don't sign anything long term anywhere as I have many living situations change in my life so I don't commit much.  But really now not accepting hotel for living?  What is left?  Condos or house rentals?  Trying to force foreigners to buy units?  Buy house but of course can't buy land?  What is going on?

Maybe a room  from some of those Hotels that also call themselves Mansions? A Hotel/Mansion I often use in BKK has foreign residents  long  term. But I have no idea on what basis.

19 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

I just did my 90 days in Kanchanaburi. Renewal due March. Asked about everything as no Embassy letter now. Was given attached as the requirements.

Actually in writing!!

20200115_094522.jpg

David .jpg

when you say 90 day i guess you mean the non -0 visa. than i read the requirements you menioned and again i find new pazzles, for example, what is "medical certificate"?

never heard on that one.

and what the hell is "rental aggreement with landlord i.d. photocopy"?

my "land lord" - the owner of the condominium building - looks so nervous and scary that

the last thing i can imagine is to ask him for his i.d. photocopy. he could not care less

if i will stay or leave his property. so what than?

my fear is that i will have to travel back and thourth to the immigration office, with all new requirements and documents that i can't provide, and aventualy will not get any extention

and will stuck with 800k BAHT  in the thai bank.

what a nightmare !!

yes, you have to show immigration documentation but it's fairly clear what documentation is required, and to be honest it's not that difficult to get it all together.

for my extension the other week i was not required to prove the 800K had come from abroad or to show my tm30 receipt, but i had all the documents just in case. it's really quite straight forward.

actually i forgot to copy the front page of my bank book but the IO made a copy for me ????

Edited by samsensam
  • Like 1

Have you contacted the specific office that you are applying at?  Each office can do things a little differently.  The Kanchanaburi list posted earlier had a medical certificate and a map listed.  I did my retirement extension earlier this week in Mae Sai and I did not need those documents.  I called the office a week before I went to confirm what is exactly needed and did not have any issues.

• Like 1

In addition to this  post I just renewed my Non-O in Chiang Mai and assumed 90 day reporting would reset from today but no! Still based on last entry into Thailand! Crazy system!

Edited by JackDenz
Added CM
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JackDenz said:

In addition to this  post I just renewed my Non-O in Chiang Mai and assumed 90 day reporting would reset from today but no! Still based on last entry into Thailand! Crazy system!

If your 90 day reporting window occurred when you were doing extension renewal, why didn't you do that while you were there. Quite often extension renewal date and 90 day report date are not even close.

You probably could do the 90 day report online or by mail.

Not sure how your confusion makes the system crazy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

If your 90 day reporting window occurred when you were doing extension renewal, why didn't you do that while you were there. Quite often extension renewal date and 90 day report date are not even close.

You probably could do the 90 day report online or by mail.

Not sure how your confusion makes the system crazy.

Don't be too quick to prejudge someone else's confusion.  I am just back from going to do my 90-day report at Sisaket and was told since my yearly extension is be renewed next month that I must wait until then, because at that date my 90-day report would be reset to start with my new extension.  Confusion?  Yes. Often, for a lot of folks.  And it's sometimes caused by immigration offices not always following the same rules. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

The way it is, you can get 3 months condo agreement for 5000 a month. 

Many places in pattaya. 

I have another one now. 

Jomtien immigration is happy with. 

Several years ago I went from 60 day TR to Non O 90 days. 

Then from this to retirement extension. 

Before you needed 800k etc.

But depending on your location you can get a rental agreement pretty easily...

5 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

when you say 90 day i guess you mean the non -0 visa. than i read the requirements you menioned and again i find new pazzles, for example, what is "medical certificate"?

never heard on that one.

and what the hell is "rental aggreement with landlord i.d. photocopy"?

my "land lord" - the owner of the condominium building - looks so nervous and scary that

the last thing i can imagine is to ask him for his i.d. photocopy. he could not care less

if i will stay or leave his property. so what than?

my fear is that i will have to travel back and thourth to the immigration office, with all new requirements and documents that i can't provide, and aventualy will not get any extention

and will stuck with 800k BAHT  in the thai bank.

what a nightmare !!

The 90 day is a report we all have to do here confirming our address where we live. Yes I have a non im O with retirement  extension annually. Hence my request at irritation for the latest requirements for my extension. You have to confirm you address with your landlords paperwork. Initially within 24 hours of arriving there and then again if you leave the province for 24 hours although some irritation offices don't require it but your landlord must do it! You don't have to have 800,000 in the bank as you can do it on the income method as I have to do now as our wonderful embassy decided to stop issuing confirmation of pension income letters!

The medical certificate I get costs 50 baht from a local hospital and they don't even check your blood pressure!!?

I am confused.
Why staying in a hotel is not allowed for the retirement extension? When in Thailand, I usually stay at hotels, much more practical for me. It’s a boating season and I am in Boat Lagoon, of season I plan to move to the west coast. 

I am on a TE 5years, but I plan to get the retirement extension in a couple of years. 

1 hour ago, DPKANKAN said:

The 90 day is a report we all have to do here confirming our address where we live. Yes I have a non im O with retirement  extension annually. Hence my request at irritation for the latest requirements for my extension. You have to confirm you address with your landlords paperwork. Initially within 24 hours of arriving there and then again if you leave the province for 24 hours although some irritation offices don't require it but your landlord must do it! You don't have to have 800,000 in the bank as you can do it on the income method as I have to do now as our wonderful embassy decided to stop issuing confirmation of pension income letters!

The medical certificate I get costs 50 baht from a local hospital and they don't even check your blood pressure!!?

Just out of curiosity, where is a medical certificate officially required for a 1 year extension based on retirement? 

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Just out of curiosity, where is a medical certificate officially required for a 1 year extension based on retirement? 

question is WHAT KIND of medical certificate? that certify that you are fit for retirement?

that one is fit to watch T.V. 6 hours a day?

OR that you are in perfect condition to live among such a healthy country as thailand is?

or is it just a certification that you are from the same gender you were born with, so you

won't steal jobs from the local ladyboy work force?

it is getting worse and worse. can easily spend one week of traveling back and fourth

to immigration offices with no result. 

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Some odd immigration offices want a medical certificate that can be easily obtained at a clinic.

That is required at many immigration offices for proof of residence. Most offices want a copy of the rental agreement (aka contract) and signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

but i can't be a residence before i get the long term visa, can't i?

and what if i rent a condo for long term - as i did before - but the landlord do not

want to give me his ID card? and rightly so, why does he has to do with my visa problems?

than what? i don't get the visa but they still expect me to sign a long term rental aggreement?

Over the years the procedure of issuing Non-Immigrant O visas to people in the country seems to have become the routine.  Why Immigration has allowed this to happen is a matter for speculation but it can and should be more difficult than obtaining a visa from an embassy in one’s own country. I can understand Immigration Officers looking skeptically at anyone trying to do this.  Came for a visit and decided to stay for retirement, not very convincing is it? 

14 hours ago, JackDenz said:

You did not renew a Non-O actually, I guess you obtained a new extension. This should have no impact on your 90 day report date.