Liverpool For Champions League Glory Again !

scousemouse

Enjoyable read this..:

Can we have our flag back?

Tony Evans, deputy football editor of The Times, child of the Kop and author of Far Foreign Land - Pride and Passion the Liverpool Way, sets the Scouse agenda in the countdown to the Champions League final. His daily examination of Liverpool's challenge for their sixth European Cup will be online each day by noon

When Chelsea’s season ends after their Champions League third place decider against Manchester United on Saturday, I wonder will Jose and the boys get behind Liverpool in Athens. Can’t see it. I think we’ve got under their skin.

After the Fulham game earlier this month, a small group of Liverpool fans went to Stamford Bridge, taking with them an ‘Athens - The Final 2007’ banner. They took a few photographs and had a rather satisfying gloat.

Then they saw a coach. Chelsea were training on the pitch before their game against Arsenal the next day. As the team bus drove past, the lads waved their banner and serenaded Mourinho’s squad as they left the stadium.

Except they didn’t. The coach stopped. What happened next is a matter of dispute. The Liverpool fans say one of the Portuguese contingent jumped off and after an exchange of words, grabbed the banner, won the tug-of-war, and scampered back on the bus. A player hurled abuse and a senior member of the coaching staff told the Scousers if they wanted the banner, they’d have to get on the team bus and take it back, an invitation they didn’t take up.

Chelsea, on the other hand, say: “The coaching staff thought the banner had become caught under the wheels of the bus and so they stopped. People had to get off the bus and try and untangle it. They took it with them on the coach because it was an official Uefa banner which they believed had possibly been stolen from Stamford Bridge.”

One of the young lads involved asked the question, obviously bewildered: “Why had they stopped? How had eight scallies annoyed them that much?”

Wasn’t just the eight of you, mate. Eleven men in red backed by 40,000 and more voices at Anfield had a little to do with it.

I hope they like the flag. That’s the only souvenir of Athens Chelsea will get. We’ll settle for the big cup.

The numbers don't add up

It's hard to make a Scouser miserable for long. There's a genetic Prozac at work somewhere in Liverpudlian genes that makes people laugh and want to be optimistic. So let's get the grumbling out of the way early.

The two days in which Liverpool beat Chelsea on penalties and AC Milan destroyed Manchester United at the San Siro were as near to heaven as a Kopite can get. The world was perfect.

Then came the ballot for tickets and, this time last week, the city was at its angriest since 1919 - when they had to send gunboats to the Mersey to calm things down.

The cause of the anger was not the paucity of tickets — everyone knew Uefa’s 17,000 allocation was not enough — but the way the club handled the distribution. Most supporters who qualified for the ballot expected there to be about a one in three chance of getting a precious ticket. After the draw, the numbers appeared to be about one in six or even seven.

The obvious way for the club to allay the fears of its most committed fans would be to explain the way the allocation has been divided. However, the comment “we won’t get drawn into the numbers game” only further enraged the hard-core support. Sunday, when the boys should have been turning up with their newly-made flags praising Robbie Fowler, the banners bore angry words of protest and hundreds marched from the Sandon pub - the birthplace of the club - to the main entrance of Anfield to express their disgust.

Why won’t the club play the numbers game? Because they add up to the most fervent supporters being shafted. That’s the conclusion most people have reached. It won’t stop us going to Athens but the handling of the whole event has driven a wedge between Rick Parry, the chief executive, and the fans. Parry, and the club, may well come to regret that.

Have no ticket, will travel

And no, the ballot never brought me the ticket of my dreams. Like the majority of Liverpool fans arriving in Athens next week, I’m not assured entry to the stadium. Most people assume that, in the position I’m in, it’s easy to pick up tickets. It’s not true. The Times will have five writers in the press box, each with a job to do. All can do that job better than me and the last thing they need is a half-crazed lunatic in the vicinity kicking every ball. A great level of professionalism is needed to produce papers under circumstances like a Champions League final and I won’t have it in Athens, any more than I did in Istanbul.

As for corporate hospitality, I’m still waiting for the offers to roll in.

Anyway, aside from Rome in 1977, when I was forced to stay at home and take exams that had no impact on my later life, the only time I’ve had a ticket was in 1984. At Wembley in 1978 a Bruges supporter supplied one an hour before kick-off; in Paris in 1981 a friendly Real Madrid supporters sold me a spare; going to Brussels in 1985 me and my brother had one between us; and in Istanbul a mate turned up with a spare the day of the game. So far, so good. On to Athens, then. Optimistic and happy.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyable read this..:

Can we have our flag back?

Tony Evans, deputy football editor of The Times, child of the Kop and author of Far Foreign Land - Pride and Passion the Liverpool Way, sets the Scouse agenda in the countdown to the Champions League final. His daily examination of Liverpool's challenge for their sixth European Cup will be online each day by noon

When Chelsea's season ends after their Champions League third place decider against Manchester United on Saturday, I wonder will Jose and the boys get behind Liverpool in Athens. Can't see it. I think we've got under their skin.

After the Fulham game earlier this month, a small group of Liverpool fans went to Stamford Bridge, taking with them an 'Athens - The Final 2007' banner. They took a few photographs and had a rather satisfying gloat.

Then they saw a coach. Chelsea were training on the pitch before their game against Arsenal the next day. As the team bus drove past, the lads waved their banner and serenaded Mourinho's squad as they left the stadium.

Except they didn't. The coach stopped. What happened next is a matter of dispute. The Liverpool fans say one of the Portuguese contingent jumped off and after an exchange of words, grabbed the banner, won the tug-of-war, and scampered back on the bus. A player hurled abuse and a senior member of the coaching staff told the Scousers if they wanted the banner, they'd have to get on the team bus and take it back, an invitation they didn't take up.

Chelsea, on the other hand, say: "The coaching staff thought the banner had become caught under the wheels of the bus and so they stopped. People had to get off the bus and try and untangle it. They took it with them on the coach because it was an official Uefa banner which they believed had possibly been stolen from Stamford Bridge."

One of the young lads involved asked the question, obviously bewildered: "Why had they stopped? How had eight scallies annoyed them that much?"

Wasn't just the eight of you, mate. Eleven men in red backed by 40,000 and more voices at Anfield had a little to do with it.

I hope they like the flag. That's the only souvenir of Athens Chelsea will get. We'll settle for the big cup.

The numbers don't add up

It's hard to make a Scouser miserable for long. There's a genetic Prozac at work somewhere in Liverpudlian genes that makes people laugh and want to be optimistic. So let's get the grumbling out of the way early.

The two days in which Liverpool beat Chelsea on penalties and AC Milan destroyed Manchester United at the San Siro were as near to heaven as a Kopite can get. The world was perfect.

Then came the ballot for tickets and, this time last week, the city was at its angriest since 1919 - when they had to send gunboats to the Mersey to calm things down.

The cause of the anger was not the paucity of tickets — everyone knew Uefa's 17,000 allocation was not enough — but the way the club handled the distribution. Most supporters who qualified for the ballot expected there to be about a one in three chance of getting a precious ticket. After the draw, the numbers appeared to be about one in six or even seven.

The obvious way for the club to allay the fears of its most committed fans would be to explain the way the allocation has been divided. However, the comment "we won't get drawn into the numbers game" only further enraged the hard-core support. Sunday, when the boys should have been turning up with their newly-made flags praising Robbie Fowler, the banners bore angry words of protest and hundreds marched from the Sandon pub - the birthplace of the club - to the main entrance of Anfield to express their disgust.

Why won't the club play the numbers game? Because they add up to the most fervent supporters being shafted. That's the conclusion most people have reached. It won't stop us going to Athens but the handling of the whole event has driven a wedge between Rick Parry, the chief executive, and the fans. Parry, and the club, may well come to regret that.

Have no ticket, will travel

And no, the ballot never brought me the ticket of my dreams. Like the majority of Liverpool fans arriving in Athens next week, I'm not assured entry to the stadium. Most people assume that, in the position I'm in, it's easy to pick up tickets. It's not true. The Times will have five writers in the press box, each with a job to do. All can do that job better than me and the last thing they need is a half-crazed lunatic in the vicinity kicking every ball. A great level of professionalism is needed to produce papers under circumstances like a Champions League final and I won't have it in Athens, any more than I did in Istanbul.

As for corporate hospitality, I'm still waiting for the offers to roll in.

Anyway, aside from Rome in 1977, when I was forced to stay at home and take exams that had no impact on my later life, the only time I've had a ticket was in 1984. At Wembley in 1978 a Bruges supporter supplied one an hour before kick-off; in Paris in 1981 a friendly Real Madrid supporters sold me a spare; going to Brussels in 1985 me and my brother had one between us; and in Istanbul a mate turned up with a spare the day of the game. So far, so good. On to Athens, then. Optimistic and happy.

nice one muckypups for the thread , loved the bit about the chelsea bus affair :D:D !!!!.

We really have got to the special one :o:D .

Zenden set to miss final May 18 2007

by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

2DB0D09E-C690-EF61-F7C40F792769A063.jpg

BOLO ZENDEN’S Champions League dreams could be shattered after he picked up an ankle injury at Liverpool’s training camp in La Manga.

The Dutch midfielder, who had been earmarked to start against AC Milan next week, was on crutches last night and was today rated very doubtful for the final.

Manager Rafa Benitez has stopped short of declaring Zenden out of the running and says he’ll give the player as much time as possible to recover.

Thanks scousemouse..seems that this guy is filing a story every day from Athens in the build up so I'll post those as well.. Good writing I think, very funny.. but then, you scousers are quite good at that I suppose.. :o

So it looks like Zenden is out of the final , just has he was starting to look decent in a Liverpool shirt for the first time since his arrival.

This could possibly open the door for a certain Mr. Harry Kewell , though I reckon Benitez will probably start with Riise on the left side of midfield and Arbeloa at left back with Kewell coming of the bench.

Beating chelsea in the semi's , facing milan in the final and the return of Harry Kewell to the side after a long term injury :o , this is all sounding very familar :D:D .

Its getting closer nw :o:D:D , first the latest news from Gerrard :

Gerrard vows Reds will be heroes _42960631_gerrardtrophyb203.jpg Gerrard lifted the trophy in 2005Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard says the Reds are determined to return from the Champions League final as heroes.

The Merseyside club face AC Milan in Athens in a repeat of the dramatic European Cup final of 2005, which Liverpool won on penalties.

Gerrard said: "We want to be heroes and come back as winners.

"To win one final was absolutely magnificent - to do it twice would be really special. It will put us up there with the great European teams."

Liverpool came from 3-0 down to beat Milan in Istanbul in a dramatic finale to Europe's premier competition.

It was Gerrard who kick-started their second-half comeback with the first of three Liverpool goals in six minutes.

o.gif606: DEBATE I want Liverpool to win but I'm convinced that Milan will triumph

JP

The Reds were underdogs for that final, despite beating Juventus and Chelsea en route.

They will again be outsiders to win when they face a rematch with Milan in the Olympic Stadium, but Gerrard said they are much more confident of victory this time.

He added: "Two years ago everything was a surprise. We pulled off a series of great results against the odds, but accepted we were not necessarily the best team in Europe.

"We even shocked ourselves by what we achieved. This time it's been a different feeling all the way through.

"We've come on so much as a team and don't see reaching this stage as a bonus any more.

"I actually expected us to be challenging to win it.

"The Premiership table says we are still behind Manchester United and Chelsea in England and I'd accept that. "But over three years in Europe we have played all the best teams and come out on top. That tells you how good we've been."

o.gifo.gif

And now some wise words from the legend , super Jan Molby :

o.gif_42960769_crouchkuyt.jpgend_quote.gif I expect Crouch to partner Kuyt end_quote.gif

Jan MolbyFormer Liverpool star Jan Molby is backing Peter Crouch to start with Dirk Kuyt in attack against AC Milan on Wednesday instead of Craig Bellamy.

"It is a one-off final and you know what Crouch will give you," said Molby ahead of the Champions League showdown.

"Bellamy is fast but he's inconsistent - you are not sure what you will get.

"With Crouch, Liverpool know they have an outlet if they are in trouble. They can play the ball up to him and he will hold it, which will be very important."

Liverpool meet the Italian giants in Athens in a repeat of the 2005 Champions League final that the English side won on penalties after trailing 3-0 at half-time.

"Benitez knows the percentages and the fact that small details can win or lose these games - I expect Crouch to partner Kuyt," Molby told BBC Sport.

The Danish midfield maestro, who had managerial stints at Hull, Kidderminster and Swansea, also urged his former team to get to grips with AC Milan's Kaka early on.

The Brazilian superstar poses the biggest threat to Liverpool's ambitions after helping to destroy Manchester United in the semi-finals.

Molby said: "Kaka must be strangled by Liverpool's organisation.

"He is the key because, while Milan have good passing players, he is the one with the power to fly past you.

"Milan have players like Clarence Seedorf and Andrea Pirlo, who can pass, but Kaka is different because he is a big, strong boy with fantastic ability.

o.gifLiverpool simply must not make the same mistakes as Man Utd

Former Liverpool midfielder Jan Molby"If Liverpool can deal with him by the way Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez organises his side, then their chances of winning will increase right away."

Molby believes the match is too close to call but thinks Liverpool will adopt a different mentality to that which they displayed in their victory over Milan in Istanbul two years ago.

"Liverpool almost went into that game thinking they were going to be beaten," he said.

"It is not the same now because Liverpool have proved in that time, particularly in beating Barcelona and Chelsea this season, that they can compete with anyone in Europe.

"This is more a toss of coin if you like. From Liverpool's point of view, it is all about them stopping AC Milan dictating the game.

"Against Manchester United, Milan played a British-style high-tempo game, pressuring United all over the field.

"If they do that against Liverpool, Benitez and his players will have to make very sure they don't make the same mistakes in their own half that United did - it was fatal for them and it would be fatal for Liverpool."

o.gifo.gif

Check out Alan Hansens comment :D ( get in Alan !!!!!! :o )

1200: Fans are finding it very, very difficult to get tickets out in Athens.

"Following a rumour, about 4000 of us queued for tickets for four hours and have only just been told there are none. Not much information coming from Uefa."

Steve, via text on 81111

1135: So you thought the 2005 final was surreal? If the following is true, this year's final could be on course to top it.

"I'm in Athens and I've never seen anything like it. There is a dancing bear outside the stadium!"

Ryan, via text on 81111

Are you sure it is not Liverpool's version of that bear of a man, Jimmy 'Five Bellies' Gardner, showing fleet of foot in his dancing shoes, Ryan?

1115: If you are in Athens, we are keen to hear from you. What is the atmosphere like? Have you got a ticket? There is a fierce debate raging on BBC Five Live concerning ticket touts. Have you seen any? And how much is the going rate for a ticket? Text me on 81111 and tell me what is happening out there, in the thick of it. Remember I'm in the office and I am keen to live vicariously through you!

1105: "The biggest stage is set for the biggest footballer. Make no mistake, Peter Crouch will have a giant impact on this game." Via text on 81111

Sounds like a tall order to me. Anyway, former Liverpool star Jan Molby told this website he wants to see the big man up front.

Molby said: "It is a one-off final and you know what Crouch will give you. With Crouch, Liverpool know they have an outlet if they are in trouble. They can play the ball up to him and he will hold it, which will be very important."

Molby wants Crouch and Kuyt pairing

1100: As I sit here, in the office, typing away, I cannot help feeling a little jealous of those fans heading to the match. This time last year I was on board the Eurostar and heading for Paris to see Arsenal take on Barcelona.

I think it was the most excited I had been since I somehow managed to secure a date with the best-looking girl at college. Sadly, Arsenal lost last year and I was gutted.

And all those years ago, the date went badly, too, when a bigger, cooler bloke whisked her away. I'd forgotten about that until I heard the Arctic Monkeys song "Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts" - "...they've got engaged, no intention of a wedding, he's pinched your bird, and he'd probably kick your head in." Sums it up well.

1040: "I think it will be a tight game. But if Liverpool can stop Pirlo, they will also stop Kaka."

Sameer, via text on 81111

BBC Sport's Mark Lawrenson agrees that Liverpool must stop Kaka. In his tactical analysis of the match, he highlighted the midfield area as being a key battle ground. He believes that if Liverpool if are to be successful in Athens, they will need to be at their most competitive and keen.

AC Milan v Liverpool tactical analysis

1030: You certainly cannot accuse BBC Sport football expert Alan Hansen of sitting on the fence ahead of tonight's match. Earlier this week he made the following bold prediction on this website: "Liverpool are going to win the Champions League final - I am absolutely 100% confident of that."

Alan Hansen's column

So, call off all bets. And AC Milan fans trying to overcome the airline and air traffic control strikes to make it to Athens, forget it - your team is absolutely, 100% going to lose, apparently.

Is Hansen right? Do you have his confidence? Or are you wary of tempting fate?

1015: These days, everyone seems to be a star. And here is how you can brush aside the next set of Big Brother contestants, upstage the YouTubers and move the myspacers out of the way for your moment in the spotlight.

Whether it is during the day itself, at the match or afterwards, we want you to send us your thoughts and experiences.

Send your pictures and moving footage to [email protected] or text them to + 44 07725 100 100

Are you going to Athens?

At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or infringe any laws.

1005: Reports from Italy are suggesting that AC Milan fans are having trouble leaving the country because airline Al Italia is on strike.

"It would be absolutely ridiculous to have fans stuck in Italy with their tickets and not be able to reissue their tickets to Liverpool fans. That would be terrible. We're going to talk about it, it's in Uefa's hands."

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks

0955: Good morning all. We are just under 10 hours away from AC Milan v Liverpool going at it again in the Champions League final, this time in Athens.

In 2005, these giants of European football served up one of the best finals of all time as Liverpool lifted the trophy in Istanbul, winning on penalties after an astonishing comeback, having trailed 3-0 at half-time.

So, two years on... will it be just a little bit of history repeating? And will you be there, in Greece, to see the action? If so, send me a text on 81111 and tell me what it is like.

If you just fancy joining in the build-up, regardless of where you are, and discussing everything from lucky omens to the best boozer to watch the game in, then head over to 606.

Have your say on 606

o.gifo.gif

So Rafa is not that scared of Kaka :o:D:D:D :

Benitez will not single out Kaka _42958641_rafa270.jpg Benitez does not expect a repeat of 2005 finalChampions League final

Date: Wednesday, 23 May

Kick-off: 1945 BST

Venue: Olympic Stadium, Athens

Watch (in UK): ITV1 and Sky Sports One

Listen: BBC Radio Five Live

Updates: BBC Sport website and mobile

Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez says his team will not man-mark AC Milan forward Kaka in the Champions League final.

The Brazilian has scored 10 times in the competition this season - with three of those goals coming against Manchester United in the semi-finals.

Ahead of Wednesday's game Benitez said: "We know Kaka is a very good player but our system is to mark in zones.

"We'll do the same in the final. We'll try to control the player, for sure, but also the ball and the space."

the two sides met in the Champions League final in Istanbul, Kaka had a superb first-half as the Italian side took a three-goal lead, before Liverpool scored three goals in six minutes and went on to win 3-2 on penalties.

"We cannot just worry about Kaka," Benitez added: "Milan are a very good team, in defence, in midfield. But we must concentrate on our own game.

o.gif

"Compared to two years ago we're stronger and have more experience. We've a stronger squad and better players."

Liverpool and Milan might have shared six goals in the 2005 final, but Benitez predicted this year's Champions League showpiece would be a low-scoring affair.

"I prefer to think that Wednesay's match is going to be very tough, very close and with not many goals.

"We also don't want to concede a goal in the first minute as we did last time.

"Before the last final I was asked what I thought the score was going to be and I said 1-0, so what do I know.

"For me, 2005 the best final in the history of the competition.

"Although I don't think we'll see a game like that again, I would take it if the score was the same but I would probably need a doctor."

Meanwhile striker Craig Bellamy says he is desperate to play in the final to silence his critics.

Bellamy, 27, has been a controversial figure for much of his career but he believes Wednesday's game will be his defining moment.

"If it happens, everything I have done, all the rubbish I have gone through, it all becomes worthwhile," he said.

"Then it doesn't matter what anyone has said or written about me, I'll have the biggest trophy of all in my pocket."

Bellamy has endured a chequered career and was forced to leave Newcastle in 2005 following arguments with team-mates.

o.gif

He was also at the centre of controversy after allegedly hitting Liverpool's John Arne Riise with a golf club during a training camp in Portugal in February.

"There is no guarantee I will be involved but I aim to be in the squad, grasp the opportunity and relish being in such a final.

"It is something I have been working for all my life. This has always been my goal, my aim to play in the biggest competition in the world.

"Apart from the World Cup final, which I know I am not ever going to play in, this is the biggest event of my life."

Bellamy also played down reports he will be sold by Liverpool in the summer after only one season at Anfield. "I'm used to it. No matter where I have been, whatever club, I'm used to it," stated Bellamy. "It was always the same at Newcastle. I have always seemingly been about to be off somewhere else."

o.gifo.gif

You boys must be getting a bit excited now!

Good luck for tonight

Mark

Good Luck for tonight. Just hope it's better than last Saturday. If it's like that I'll be long gone in the land of Ken Dodd before it gets to extra-time :o

I liked Liverpool and still rank their supporters amongst the very best - not unlike West Ham's - passionate and vocal.

But sorry, I just can't wish you good luck after what happened at Fulham. :o

I hope for a good spectacle and that you enjoy it, scousemouse (and any other scousers that post on here).

What a boring final!, no excitement, no attacking football, no idea! it should of been a Chelsea final! :o

AC Milan 2-1 Liverpool

Pippo Inzaghi struck twice as AC Milan gained revenge for their 2005 Champions League final defeat against Liverpool with victory in Athens.

Inzaghi scored a freak opener in first-half injury time, unwittingly deflecting Andrea Pirlo's free-kick past a wrong-footed Pepe Reina.

Steven Gerrard missed a glorious chance to equalise before Inzaghi slid home a second eight minutes from time.

Dirk Kuyt pulled one back with a header with two minutes left but time ran out.

Liverpool, as expected, used Dirk Kuyt as a lone front man with captain Gerrard pushed into an advanced role.

And it was a ploy that worked well until Liverpool conceded unfortunately in the dying seconds of the first half.

Jermaine Pennant was also prominent as Liverpool posed the greater threat, forcing a fine save from Dida after Marek Jankulovski had conceded possession.

The much-touted Brazil star Kaka was a peripheral figure early on, but he brought a comfortable save from Liverpool keeper Pepe Reina with a 20-yard drive.

Alonso then came within inches of putting Liverpool ahead after 26 minutes, sending an angled drive just wide after more poor Milan defending.

But after controlling the game, Liverpool conceded needlessly in first-half injury time.

Alonso had committed several careless fouls, and he paid the price for another infringement on Kaka 20 yards out.

Pirlo's free-kick took a crucial deflection off Inzaghi that completely wrong-footed Reina.

Liverpool struggled to exert their superiority in the early stages of the second half, and Benitez made a change after 58 minutes, sending on Harry Kewell for Bolo Zenden.

Gerrard had Liverpool's best chance after 62 minutes after he was sent clear by a dreadful pass by Rino Gattuso, but his finish was weak and Dida saved.

Time was running out for Liverpool, and Benitez made a second change with 13 minutes left, sending on Peter Crouch for Javier Mascherano.

As Liverpool pushed forward, they were punished by a piece of brilliance by Kaka and a trademark piece of ruthless finishing by Inzaghi.

Kaka unlocked Liverpool with a glorious pass and Inzaghi rounded Reina before scoring from an angle.

Crouch then tested Dida with a 25-yard drive as Liverpool tried to mount an unlikely recovery.

Liverpool then pulled one back with two minutes to go when Daniel Agger flicked on Pennant's corner and Kuyt headed home.

But this time there was no dramatic comeback and Milan celebrated wildly.

I see they are having the champions league 3rd and 4th place playoff on May 20th at Wembley. What does FA stand for again?

and AIG - is it Almost in Greece ?

AIG or is it - Anfield in Grief :o

I don't think I have ever seen so many mis placed passes from 2 supposed world class teams as I saw last night.

Very disappointing final. I now wish I hadn't set my alarm for 1.30 am to wake up to watch it as I am falling asleep at work now!!

As for the Chelski comment, you shouldn't even have been in the Cup Final, much less win it.

As for the Chelski comment, you shouldn't even have been in the Cup Final, much less win it.

Why on Earth not? We won all the games up to the final. Surely even the thickest of the thick realises that. :o

Unless of course you're a Spurs supportor, that, thought at 3-1 Chelsea should have gone home and said " There you are lads. You play Blackburn". Instead of playing their little cotton socks out to get level.

Mind you I take that post with the contempt it deserves. You can tell the football no brains by the way they call Chelsea, Chelski and Chelshampton or Chelseford.

Or maybe you're an Iceham supporter. But of course no-one will call them that, because they have no chance of winning the Premiership. And only teams that are a couple of places above the also-rans get that sort of recognition.

I see as well the knockers are at it again. I think they are pooping their pants, that a team with a name like Chelski, might soon be playing 10 or 11 English internationals. I wonder if Cudicini can get British citizenship.HA.

Bye you SSSUUUUCKKKERSSSSSSS

Oh <deleted>...............................sorry about that. I forgot. Unlucky Liverpool. I saw bits of the match and you tried to play your hearts out. You won't please the armchair critics though that have probably never kicked a football in anger in their lives.

Why on Earth not? We won all the games up to the final. Surely even the thickest of the thick realises that. :o

Unless of course you're a Spurs supportor, that, thought at 3-1 Chelsea should have gone home and said " There you are lads. You play Blackburn". Instead of playing their little cotton socks out to get level.

Mind you I take that post with the contempt it deserves. You can tell the football no brains by the way they call Chelsea, Chelski and Chelshampton or Chelseford.

Or maybe you're an Iceham supporter. But of course no-one will call them that, because they have no chance of winning the Premiership. And only teams that are a couple of places above the also-rans get that sort of recognition.

I see as well the knockers are at it again. I think they are pooping their pants, that a team with a name like Chelski, might soon be playing 10 or 11 English internationals. I wonder if Cudicini can get British citizenship.HA.

Bye you SSSUUUUCKKKERSSSSSSS

Oh <deleted>...............................sorry about that. I forgot. Unlucky Liverpool. I saw bits of the match and you tried to play your hearts out. You won't please the armchair critics though that have probably never kicked a football in anger in their lives.

Keep yer shirt on Lamps.( even though I agree with what you say) Yes well played Liverpool. So that's it till next year. Well Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaackin hells bells :D:bah: .

Well ,I thought that word REVENGE had been spoken a bit too much leading up to the final :o .

Thanx to all you muppets who were calling me and texting me after the final , I had to be up at 5:30 for work you benny's , call yourselves family\mates :D:D:D:o .

I am man enough to be gracious in defeat , well on tv anyway ( I got sent home early from work today , nuff said :bah: ).

Congrats to milan , I'm feeling just a bit of what you lot felt in 2005 and its not nice.

me thinks the scousemouse is hiding,

little mouse, little mouse,come out come out wherever you are :o

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:D:D .