Liverpool For Champions League Glory Again !

scousemouse

We'll be back :o

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard said his side would come back stronger next season after their 2-1 defeat by AC Milan in the Champions League final.

"We can be proud of ourselves. We've done so well getting to the final and I know we'll play in another one of these finals," said Gerrard.

"We've got to pick ourselves up, have a good rest in the summer and then go again next season.

"We're going places, there's no getting away from that."

Two goals from Pippo Inzaghol's hopes of adding to their five European Cup triumphs, with Dirk Kuyt's 89th-minute header coming too late to save the Reds.

o.gif

"I think we controlled in the first half but not as much as we would have liked in the second half - but let's not forget that we were playing a top side with top players," said Gerrard.

"Credit to AC Milan - they won and maybe they just about deserved it.

"In the build-up to the game we said it would be decided on small details and a bit of luck and AC Milan got that.

"We need to strengthen and bring some quality into the club. The manager and the people in charge of the club know that and it will be an interesting summer.

o.gifWe played really well in the first half but conceded a goal through bad luck

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez

"You've got to give credit to our lads, they gave everything and it just wasn't to be."

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez said his side paid the price for missing chances.

"We played really well in the first half but conceded a goal through bad luck," said Benitez.

"We were pushing and left a space and they have the quality to make the difference. We were trying to keep the ball but you need to take the chances."

Benitez was also upset that the referee did not play out the full three minutes of injury time at the end of the match, but admitted that AC Milan were worthy winners.

"It's not a reason, we lost against a good team with top-class players," he said.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher was magnanimous in defeat, but admitted he blamed himself for giving the ball away in the lead-up to Milan's first goal.

"I think the best team won," he said.

"It was pretty even in the first half, but to give away a goal just before half-time was a killer blow.

"I was in two minds as whether to control it or clear it but I should have done better."

o.gifo.gif

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me thinks the scousemouse is hiding,

little mouse, little mouse,come out come out wherever you are :o

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:D:D .

Enjoy your beers Scouse, have a few for all the Chelsea boys out there, finishing another successful season, just shy from winning our third title and two cups along the way! :D

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:bah::D .

of course you have to feel sorry for yourself , you support the bindippers :D

had a great season myself,

we won the league,

Leeds went even further down,

City couldn't score in a brothel and to top it off

the bindippers got beat in the final

we all going on a summer holiday :D

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:bah::D .

Enjoy your beers Scouse, have a few for all the Chelsea boys out there, finishing another successful season, just shy from winning our third title and two cups along the way! :D

I will have a good time tonight seapok and I'll enjoy all the beers I'm going to be consuming :D:bah: , but I wont be havin any for the CHELSKI lot , I'll save them for our 18 league titles against your 3 and our 5 champions league trophies against your ..erm....0 :o;) .

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:o:D .

I will have a good time tonight seapok and I'll enjoy all the beers I'm going to be consuming :bah::bah: , but I wont be havin any for the CHELSKI lot , I'll save them for our 18 league titles against your 3 and our 5 champions league trophies against your ..erm....0 ;):D .

When exactly was it again when you last won the title? wasn't it way back in the late 80's! I'm surprised you even remember the last time Liverpool were a great team! :D

What's the difference between Olivia Newton John and Liverpool?

Dont really expect any of you babycham drinkers to get this one but at least we do :

Whats the diffrence between Olivia Newton John and a Hammer ?????

YE,MAR :o:D:D .

Olivia Newton John never got stuffed in Grease! :D

What's the difference between Olivia Newton John and Liverpool?

Dont really expect you babycham drinkers to get this one but at least we do :

Whats the difference between Olivia Newton John and a Hammer ?????

YE,MAR :o:D:D .

Olivia Newton John never got stuffed in Grease! :D

I see the chelsea boys are rubbing it in again............ jelousy i suppose,

Unlucky last night anyway boys, I'd rather see liverpool there than anyone else if its not spurs.

Mark

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :bah:;):bah: .

of course you have to feel sorry for yourself , you support the bindippers :D

had a great season myself,

we won the league,

Leeds went even further down,

City couldn't score in a brothel and to top it off

the bindippers got beat in the final

we all going on a summer holiday :D

Sawadee cap jjp , whats this I hear about YE,MAR being a bindipper .

Have a good time on your summer hoilday in pontins :D:D:o .

I'm about to go out tonight and get quite drunk and chat with beautiful thai women and friendly thai Liverpool supporters and slag CHELSKI and the mancs off and remind myself that I'm living in Thailand so I dont need to feel that sorry for myself :D:o:D .

I will have a good time tonight seapok and I'll enjoy all the beers I'm going to be consuming :bah::bah: , but I wont be havin any for the CHELSKI lot , I'll save them for our 18 league titles against your 3 and our 5 champions league trophies against your ..erm....0 ;):D .

When exactly was it again when you last won the title? wasn't it way back in the late 80's! I'm surprised you even remember the last time Liverpool were a great team! :D

But at least Liverpool and Man U have had great teams - Chelsea never have

Nobody going to look back and talk of the great Chelsea team like they do of Man U and Liverpool over the last 20 years

Flash in the pan while they have a few bob - bit like Blackburns one season you have managed two - when the Russian gets bored with you it will be back as the mediocre team with its fair weather glory hunters gone and looking for a cup run to make your season

My Heart pal used to say this about Rangers but its suits Chelsea more methinks, " Businessmen, bigots and glory hunters - thats all the supporters they have got"

Edited by Prakanong

Flash in the pan while they have a few bob - bit like Blackburns one season you have managed two - when the Russian gets bored with you it will be back as the mediocre team with its fair weather glory hunters gone and looking for a cup run to make your season

My Heart pal used to say this about Rangers but its suits Chelsea more methinks, " Businessmen, bigots and glory hunters - thats all the supporters they have got"

Not Chelsington surely :o

But at least Liverpool and Man U have had great teams - Chelsea never have

Nobody going to look back and talk of the great Chelsea team like they do of Man U and Liverpool over the last 20 years

Glory huters , flash in the pan !!!!! , does every other true footie fan feel the same way about CHELSKI fans ( those under 40 years old ) ????????

Glory huters , flash in the pan !!!!! , does every other true footie fan feel the same way about CHELSKI fans ( those under 40 years old ) ????????

"From Stamford Bridge to Upton Park, You Can Stick The Blue Flag Up Your **** "

Reckon so :o

But they'll implode whenever Mourinho goes.

Where will all the badge kissing be next then, Frankie boy.

"From Stamford Bridge to Upton Park, You Can Stick The Blue Flag Up Your **** "

Reckon so :D

But they'll implode whenever Mourinho goes.

Where will all the badge kissing be next then, Frankie boy.

Shut up you mugs! I've been a true blue all my life as my family was before me!, I started going to Stamford Bridge in 1986, so dont tarnish all blue boys with all that flash in the pan bullsh*t and I'm only 31!! :o

Hmm , seems like my earlier team slagging off warning was a bit subtle for some of you herberts...what to do what to do ?

:o

By the way , unlucky last night 'pool. I watched the game and thought it was pretty tight, Gerrard maybe should have put some more poke on his chance. But they played well [ Milan ] and these things happen.

:D

Sawadee cap jjp , whats this I hear about YE,MAR being a bindipper .

Have a good time on your summer hoilday in pontins :D:D:D .

believe me Scouse if she was a bindipper(perrish the thought) I would have told her to push me back in

I used to like butlins myself but i think Samat is much better and closer for me, dont you :o