Can I Suspend My Work Permit?

I have a work permit and I get multiple-entry non-B visas, leaving every 90 days to get a new stamp.

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to temporarily suspend the work permit if I wanted to leave Thailand for longer than 90 days (e.g. to spend 6 months in the UK), or would I have to completely restart the work permit application process again on my return?

I have a work permit and I get multiple-entry non-B visas, leaving every 90 days to get a new stamp.

Does anyone know if it's possible for me to temporarily suspend the work permit if I wanted to leave Thailand for longer than 90 days (e.g. to spend 6 months in the UK), or would I have to completely restart the work permit application process again on my return?

you will have to get a new work permit when you return

you will have to get a new work permit when you return

here is my experience from a couple of years ago:

the workpermit is usually granted for one year but validated only up to the end of the entry/extension stamp.

if you leave the country for a new visa you will apply for WP extension (of validation!) receipt will be marked PP (pending passport)

the validation of WP can be done at the local (Khet) labour office whereas initial and anual renewal application has to be done at head office.

if you stay out of the country for any period of time BUT RETURN before the one year WP period is over you can revalidate your WP up to the latest entry stamp or the date of WP expiry whatever comes first!

can anybody confirm this?

opalhort