U.S. Senate rejects Democratic bid for documents in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

6 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

The Bolton Bombshell has gone the way of all the others.  Wait 24 to 36 hours after the media goes into their frenzy, and it all just fizzles into thin air.  How many times have we been told that "the walls are closing in" and that this was "the beginning of the end for Trump."  Comey, Mueller, Stormy, Cohen, Avenatti, the gossipblower, the 17 House witnesses with hurt feelings, and now this.

Using the Kavanaugh Hearings playbook, I fully expect there to be more of these go-nowhere "bombshells" to follow.

Akin to the Chinese water torture. Drips, leaks and revelations that will slowly wear down the voting public to vote against the incumbent or drive him insane and do more impeachable criminal stuffs. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Just out regarding witnesses:

Breaking: After meeting with centrist Republican, Mitch McConnell has enough votes to block witnesses in ...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mcconnell-can-now-block-witnesses-in-trial

But but why? Don’t they want to hear from first hand witnesses that they dearly wanted. What happen to the Rep Party that stand for rule of law. Sad departure of such noble values just for one corrupt man and to secure their further employment. 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cat ji said:

????  I'm sure our understanding of septic tank is quite different. ????  However, I don't know about Schiff or Nadler but I do know Schumer, old see you next Thursday is long overdue for Hell.  USA senators really should have a compulsory retirement age.

This American is quite familiar with cockney rhyming slang -  a couple of years of English roommates ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

A swamp dweller appointed by Trump. Bolton did the right thing to resign from the swamp and walk away from a WH ‘drug deal’. 

Even swamp dwellers don't want to keep on working for Trump. ????

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Lie, nonsense, why would this leader(Z) lie? His party ran on investigating corruption ! The last thing a leader would do who's # 1  campaign policy, is lie! Your presumption  is just what it is a presumption!

Fact, no push,no blackmail and normal!

With statements ready to be interpreted the other way, if needed. I did not feel pressured by the call....but my aids were pressured before and after. I did not act under pressure,....I did resist it.

He carefully phrased what he said.

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, mogandave said:

How do you know an investigation hasn’t been started?

You came up with the same question several times already, so It's the same reply as before. The DOJ officially stated there was none.

Additionally, I know that Trump is stupid, but not stupid enough to hide what could be a key argument.

Is there something you don't understand in this repeated reply?

Edited by candide
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, candide said:

You came up with the same question several times already, so It's the same reply as before. The DOJ officially stated there was none.

Additionally, I know that Trump is stupid, but not stupid enough to hide what could be a key argument.

Is there something you don't understand in this repeated reply?

Do you have a link to an official announcement? 

Trump doesn’t need a “key argument”.

Even if witnesses are called he can stop anyone the left want to hear from from testifying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

And you have been told before on numerous occasions the facts!

No blackmail,no push and normal ! You deal in presumptions,I'm stating facts!

And you have been told before on numerous occasions the fact that there is nothing to be gained by Zelensky by stating that Trump was pressuring him, and a great deal to be lost.  His country's future was a stake, of course he'd lie to save it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1