Southern Thai tourism decimated in wake of coronavirus outbreak

webfact

5 hours ago, TheDark said:

I'm afraid Thailand's reputation of being paradise vacation is no longer strong in Europe. It used to be, for a good reason, but Thailand and feeling about Thailand in Europe changed many years ago. 

Thailand definitely lost the western tourists markets, too much bad press about many things.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

" Operators were looking to traditional European Markets to salvage what is left of high season "

Why, would any sane European Citizen spend good money on a flight to Thailand where they can experience a possible Corona Virus pandemic first hand, along with deadly roads and price gouging.

And all this after being given a very clear message from the Government that they are not welcome

Thailand made a bed, that they now have to lie in

You mean the former TS and YS governments that clearly declared double pricing, farang bashing, black money, etc were acceptable?

Agreed, this was never turned around.

• Like 1

How is it OK to label an entire ethnicity undesirable?

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I guess they are clearing up Samui for my upcoming short holiday. No Chinese, most excellent. Thanks, TAT, that's what I call service.

OK to imply genocide?

4 hours ago, Deli said:

As sad as the disease is, I won't miss the hordes of Chinese tourists for a second.

However, would have preferred getting rid of them in a different way.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheDark said:

I'm afraid Thailand's reputation of being paradise vacation is no longer strong in Europe. It used to be, for a good reason, but Thailand and feeling about Thailand in Europe changed many years ago. 

Rightly or wrongly there's a fear of being murdered, even for raising your eyebrows as we have seen recently. I had to meet a Japanese friend. I told her I'd meet her in Bangkok. She told me Thailand was too dangerous so we met in Singapore. The fear is there, the question is it justified. 

• Confused 1

I adopted a contrarian strategy during SARS...I bet that most people would stay away and

I was right.

Had a blast in Pattaya, exchanging copious amounts of body fluids with the local lasses.

Only two things filled my pockets every night...condoms and isopropyl alcohol spray.

Would I do it now?

Given the ease and the silent,  insidious nature with which COV-2019 spreads, I dont think so.

6 hours ago, Deli said:

As sad as the disease is, I won't miss the hordes of Chinese tourists for a second.

However, would have preferred getting rid of them in a different way.

No doubt many Thais feel the same way about farangs and applaud the so called crackdowns and visa tightening on the undesirables and happy to see them leave, or not arrive at all.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

" Operators were looking to traditional European Markets to salvage what is left of high season "

Why, would any sane European Citizen spend good money on a flight to Thailand where they can experience a possible Corona Virus pandemic first hand, along with deadly roads and price gouging.

And all this after being given a very clear message from the Government that they are not welcome

Thailand made a bed, that they now have to lie in

Yeah, they can experience a possible Corona virus pandemic without leaving home.

Completely clueless post.